Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Empire 3x05 "One Before Another" Episode Discussion [11/9/2016]

3x05
"One Before Another"

Lucious and Andre are on high alert as they wait for Shine to retaliate after their latest business encounter went south. Jamal, who has yet to perform in front of his fans, teams up with Hakeem for a performance that he thinks could help him face his fears. Meanwhile, Cookie is caught off-guard during a routine meeting with her probation officer.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt! I feel like it's been ages since we watched an episode
Old 11-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

thank god!

me too! so excited!
thanks for starting the thread Tia
Old 11-09-2016, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It sure has been a long time! as always I'll do my live recaps, so a long post of the episode today. lol Hopefully I enjoy it.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Previously on Empire.
That was an episode. Let's see what happens tonight.

Hopefully no triangle with the brothers and Nessa.

Oh Jamal and ... his ex boyfriend? I forgot his name... not Michael, the other one from Season 2. lol

Oh Shine ready to kill some Lyons.

Cookie and Angelo scene. Aww. nice to see them so happy.

Hakeem trying to be with Nessa? the writing. Hakeem wants Tiana one day, and Nessa the next... and all while Nessa is with Andre. Well Hakeem doesn't know that but I dislike the writing here.

Cookie hasn't let Angelo hit it yet.

Oh Lucious is acting very cautious right now.
And rightfully so, he knows how Shine thinks..... he knows that Shine will be after the family now.

This is all Andre's and Shine's fault.
Andre takes many steps forward and than 20 steps back and of course the family is always in the mix of the nonsense.

The family having a dispute.

Jamal and Hakeem scene, Jamal want to team up with Hakeem for a song again.
Hopefully Hakeem agrees to it.

Oh... it seems they will team up again. I love it!

Hakeem vs Romeo... I forgot his character name. lol
I always like a good battle so can't wait to see it.

Jamal holding Hakeem back. lol

Nessa upset with Andre right now for not telling her that he and Lucious beat up Shine days before...

Jamal and Lucious scene. Lucious wants Jamal to admit he's like him and gives Hakeem credit for the way he acts.

Cookie late for her appointment with her PO
And it seems like she's getting treated differently here for some reason.
Probably we will find out later.

Becky and Tiana show.
Oh Becky over here lying.

Here goes Lucious, being the father to Hakeem's daughter... speaking of the father, Hakeem is here.
Hakeem wondering why Bella (his child) is always sleeping. lol

Oh Romeo is Gram.... okay. lol

This scene is ridiculous. lol How in the world is Lucious more of a father than Hakeem is. lol SMH.

Jamal practicing his song. Hopefully he sings this good on stage though...
Okay song. not one of my favorite but it's okay.

Jamal and Hakeem upset with each other again.
Sadly Hakeem is correct with everything he said though.... Jamal needs this duet more than Hakeem who's losing his steam due to his PTSD.

Shine and Nessa at the Lyon house right now.
Shine and Lucious at a war of words again.

Shine brings up Camden... I'm curious about the Camden story now though.

Anika is such a great actor.
What a lie she put together on a fly!

Angelo and Cookie scene.

Cookie is upset with Angelo because she believes that he's the reason for her supervised probation visits getting more strict.
Angelo and Cookie are arguing. And he's sad that she always put this wall up in their relationship and he believes it's because of Lucious.

Tiana performing her song right now.
I like seeing Becky take in charge. I love seeing more scenes of her. She's really convinced that Starlight is a hit, and for Tiana it is, even if it's not my favorite song.

Of course Jamal ran to his mother.
Cookie being the parent here. lol Telling Jamal and Hakeem how they are acting like two little girls. lol

Dang, Cookie slapping Hakeem.
Seems Cookie worked everything out with the brothers. lol

I'm totally with Lucious here though, this doesn't really show how Jamal would act live.

Oh Lucious broke the news to Hakeem that Andre and Nessa are together.
Right when Hakeem was going to give up on Tiana....

URG! Hakeem is such a baby. Lucious knew exactly the right thing to get under Hakeem's skin and he brought into it. Lucious told Hakeem to go after his woman and he did while telling his family off.
This was just so hilarious.

The most hilarious family argument I watched. lol

Aww Becky. ... guess that's what happens when you go do something behind Cookie's back.

Oh nice, an apology from Sharlaine and PO members, thanks to Angelo.
Aww Angelo telling Cookie he'd fight for her.

Oh Tariq was the one who caused the issues with Cookie's PO

Shine and Tariq sees Freda, also, Shine tells Tariq about Freda father that was killed...

Lucious and Anika acting like a couple right now. lolol
Seems like I'm back to Season 1. lol

Oh Hakeem here... to see his child.
Lucious teaching Hakeem how to hold the baby, Bella.

Hakeem is just so easily manipulative. lol

A shame how quickly Lucious can get Hakeem and Andre back on his side. Such a roller coaster.

Hakeem and Lucious like father and son, take me back to Season 1? lol

I didn't care for the episode that much. Enjoyed some scenes here and there though.

[/FONT]
Old 11-10-2016, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Hakeem, the destroyer of souls... maan do I hate him right now, I hate him so much

As terrible as it was what Hakeem did and the family fight, I thought it was entertaining to watch, It was like the highlight of the episode imo.

Lucious is soooo sick, does he want music or a reality show of his family? poor Cookie!

Shine was it just me or did he react like... not like him when he found out about NEssa and Andre? He was about to kill that guy who only looked at Nessa the "wrong" way and now he acted pretty calm somehow... too calm

ANGELOOOO called Cookie "baby girl" and he is fighting "FOR HER" I LOVE THEM! They are my favorite thing of the show right now!

So what the hell is wrong with Hakeem and his women? THey are not even his women and he thinks they are he makes me SO MAD! He's talking about Tiana like a thing and then Nessa too, like he owns them and they're not even humans ... OH BOY DO I MISS LAURA he was so different with her ...

I agree wih you Tia, it was an ok episode but I'm not thatimpressed
Old 11-10-2016, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So many things that I didn't like tbh Keem in particular... Blergh. I thought Hakeem was better than this even when he took over Empire. Now this is a stupid child imo. IDK where they are taking him but there is no single episode this season that I enjoyed him so far I think... IDK if it's a backlash over a huge heartbreak still...

And they take Lucious even darker as they said at the beginning of the season. I can't tell how much I love watching him with the baby, and Hakeem & him together as well. Then it made me so happy to see him reading Khalil Gibran until I've heard how he quoted him like he promoted evil in the human in his stories. His stories/poems are not like that at all. Maybe this is the way they want us to see the certain black and white in Lucious and in Empire. But he manifests this: "Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution." He just sees the many faces of the human, not just the good & the bad which is the way it should be seen imo.

Also did I miss something that Angelo and Cookie became this close? Maybe he's really Barry

I liked that he's gonna fight for her not with her. That was so sweet, I loved that. And that's what Lucious has to do too!!! I wonder when he's gonna learn that. But I just didn't understand the build up with Cookie&Angelo at all. I mean I don't think we saw that much and now it feels out of the blue Anyways.

I guess Becky's clock is ticking...

I had a hard time reading Dre as well.

I love Bella, she is always sleeping

I also loved Cookie&Hakeem&Jamal scenes too.

Overall some scenes here and there that I liked and laughed too but I didn't enjoy it that much too...

Last edited by lessismore; 11-10-2016 at 02:40 PM
Old 11-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Elite Fan

the Bella comment so cute, babies tho!

I didn't see any good side in Lucious this episode, not even when he was with the baby

about Angelo and Cooki... hmm... they don't have that much time to show us everything and I feel like Angelo and Cookie are happening slower than other relationships and couples happened on the show. It's almost too slow imo. And nothing really big happened except that he said he will fight for her
Old 11-11-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Hakeem never fails with the idiocy, always claiming something that's not his, seriously grow tf up already, I'm glad Cookie smacked his ass. Love how Andre didn't flinch when Shyne showed up guns blazing but of course I knew he would not get shot, Nessa ain't worth all this drama. Wonder what Shyne and Tarik have lobbed for Freda? Becky meltdown was a bit much but the mansplain reference was hilarious

Angelo still going hard for Cookie but how many fires can he put out? Seems he always have an answer when it comes to Cookie delemmas.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now I am rewatching the reruns I enjoyed the blast a little bit more tbh. It was so funny.

Ohhhhhh did you hear it guys? Hakeem had a "vibe"!

I do agree that Angelo & cookie go slow but it felt like until this episode it was like that. All of a sudden they were all into each other. IDK it felt kinda wtf for me

Last edited by lessismore; 11-13-2016 at 07:33 AM
Old 11-13-2016, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've been okay with the way Angelo and Cookie has been built. Really don't feel like it's rushed, they didn't sleep together yet or even said the big "LOVE" word.

If you think about it, her relationship with Angelo is actually going slower than her relationship with Malcolm and Lax. So, I can't complain. lol
Old 11-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I didn't see it coming this serious just yet. Slow or not it felt like "wow when they even started dating now?" Anyways it gets more serious as it seems...

Also I just rewatched the episode on reruns and died laughing at the blast again

Frank Ocean wannabe and MC wannabe and Frenkestein
Old 11-14-2016, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I've been okay with the way Angelo and Cookie has been built. Really don't feel like it's rushed, they didn't sleep together yet or even said the big "LOVE" word.

If you think about it, her relationship with Angelo is actually going slower than her relationship with Malcolm and Lax. So, I can't complain. lol
exactly.. it's slow comparing to others so I'm really ok with it.. even if it's too slow for my liking