Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2015, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Iris West/Candice Patton in "The Fury Of Firestorm" [2.04] - The Flash Episode Discussion [October 27th, 2015]

ϟThe Fury Of Firestorm ϟ

INTRODUCING FIRESTORM
Barry (Grant Gustin) and the team look for another Firestorm match for Dr. Stein (Victor Garber). When the team meets Jefferson “Jax” Jackson (guest star Franz Drameh), Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) has her reservations about whether Jax is the right match for Dr. Stein. Iris (Candice Patton) surprises Joe (Jesse L. Martin) while Barry and Patty (guest star Shantel VanSanten) grow closer.
Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Kai Yu Wu & Joe Peracchio (#204).
ϟ PROMO ϟ

Old 10-27-2015, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Iris and Jackson made this episode for me and it is them the only reason why I liked it.

Jackson is great! and can't wait to see more of him as Firestorm. I might actually watch Legends of Tomorrow just to see how he and Stein continue their adventures. However, I am not big on superhero movies/shows so I might not.

Iris was stone cold with her mom which is very understandable. I love how she handled it the first time by saying she doesn't hate her and wish her the best. The second time...damn! she did her investigations and her mom was caught in another lie. I wonder how her brother has been doing, if he has a good life. I don't think her mother will go away and I do hope eventually they will have a relationship, even if it is just a hello without the tension Candice's acting in those scenes were top notch!

Patty still annoys me, her babbling is not cute to me. Barry stalking again... Caitlyn was awful with how she was judging Jackson and I was glad things blew up her face. I was not her fan in this episode.

The shark man actually being real was hilarious but I am really interested in seeing how Wells fits in.

I am still not pleased at their being no scenes between Barry and Iris and them talking about her feelings. She has always been there for him and I don't see him being there for her right now.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela

Last edited by Monique19; 10-27-2015 at 10:05 PM
Old 10-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Candice delivers amazingly again ! I loved the West family scenes and the big Wally reveal (I knew that he would be Iris' brother), but Iris was isolated from everyone else again. And she's going through something big, where's Barry? I thought they were best friends? Seriously, TPTB?
Old 10-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Candice was the MVP her acting continues to impress me.
I knew Wally would be her brother, Wally is coming!
Patty and Barry's lack of chemistry becomes more evident after each episode
I like Jax as firestorm, didn't like how Caitlin judged him b/c he's not a scientist. She's kinda snobby.

Overall good episode, def better than the first 3.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yep, I think we will see Wally in the second half of the season and agreed as I said in my review, Candice's acting was top-notch.

I do wonder if Cisco will take Dr Stein's advice and start accepting his powers.

I do think they need to make Star Labs more secure, it is getting pathetic. Here is Wells creeping around Star Labs and there isn't an alert or something. They also need to stop just inviting people there so easily, like Caitlyn and the scientist.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 10-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yea, the Star Labs security is ridiculous...are we to believe Cisco is inept at security?

I didn't like Caitlin's elitism, but I don't mind that she has it...it's a character flaw.

Iris is basically going through all of this alone..sad to see
Old 10-28-2015, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed the episode but I kept thinking when Iris said that her mother had a son, that Jax was it.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Yea, the Star Labs security is ridiculous...are we to believe Cisco is inept at security?

I didn't like Caitlin's elitism, but I don't mind that she has it...it's a character flaw.

Iris is basically going through all of this alone..sad to see
I guess they are making us believe, Cisco doesn't have the know how for everything as yet, as he is still young and has a lot to learn etc. However, since he is a genius he could at least make things better. Caitlin should know something as well.

An alert for intruders was already there from season 1, where did it go?

Yep Iris is going through things alone and that's my problem. She has always stuck by Barry through everything, and where has he been this entire time that she needs him? stalking Patty. heck he has spoken to Joe more about the problems and not once with Iris.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the latest discussion.

Old 01-25-2018, 02:44 AM
Master Fan

Not a fan of this episode.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.