Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2018, 02:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
We just got to Ralph's death in the UK and I am unamused with Barry shutting Iris out, especially because it overlooks that she would be grieving too.
She worked with Ralph too. She spent more time with him than Barry while he was in jail. She even defended him to Barry in 4x17. So why is Barry grieving like he's the only one?
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's really frustrating. I get that she's strong, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't get to grieve.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

It's true. She needs to be supported too.
Philanthropist.

You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys, but one thing you can't take away – I am IRON MAN.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I haven't watched the episode after it yet, but it bothered me that Barry was pretty much not even considering that Iris knew Ralph too, that she would be hurting too.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Master Fan

I agree. He needs to do better in that regard. Didn't like that he was needing to be coddled rather supporting.

Cisco was super sad too but no one is giving him a shoulder to cry on or a therapist appointment.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:14 PM
Supreme Fan

I didn't like it but I think Barry felt responsible because he was the one who brought Ralph into the team. It was grief + guilt.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:39 AM
Master Fan

Meh. It feels like a weak excuse IMO. They all felt responsible in their own way but none of them were snapping at each other or shutting each other out.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree that that is why, but that's just not good enough, imo. As was said above me, they all had reason to feel that way in some form, but he was the only one responding like that. And tbh, isn't he kind of breaking his promise to Ralph anyway? He essentially said he'd protect them, how does he plan on achieving that by shutting them out and going off on his own so he doesn't know what is going on?

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-04-2018, 06:38 AM
Supreme Fan

It's not an excuse, it's how Barry is. He becomes extremely self-centered when he grieves. He lashes out. It's the same when he's nervous/afraid. I remember how snappy he was towards Wally last year after he learned Iris was going to die in the future.

This is the same guy who stopped being the Flash after Iris' death. It's not like he cared that Joe, Wally and Cisco were suffering as well.

Iris handles grief differently. She's also calmer and that's why she and not Barry gets to be the leader.

Of course the BTS reason for why the show writes Barry this way after a tragedy is their absolute and annoying love for MANPAIN.

I don't like anything about Westallen in this part of the season. Run, Iris, Run was their last good episode. They get 0 focus. The scenes where they seem to be more affectionate end up on the cutting floor.

The reason why this part of the season isn't the worst ever when it comes to Westallen is because 2A is still a thing.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Iris handling it differently is fine but it seems like she's not being allowed to handle it at all, and that's not okay.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
Iris handling it differently is fine but it seems like she's not being allowed to handle it at all, and that's not okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
It's not an excuse, it's how Barry is.
Well, that's my opinion.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Iris should be allowed to feel and grieve too.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-06-2018, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

I would love for Barry and Iris to have a couple moment that isn't about Devoe or coddling Barry about Ralph. Just the two of them being husband and wife.
Philanthropist.

Old 05-07-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's really needed.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-08-2018, 02:56 AM
Master Fan

Maybe one day they will step outside the Lab.
Philanthropist.