Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Candice News & Appearances #1: Because she wins everyone over no matter where she goes!

News & Appearances

Last edited by Hero of Time; 10-01-2015 at 07:31 PM
Old 10-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me please
Actress Candice Patton from 'The Flash' - Story | KTTV

Quote:
Geeks are gearing up for the second season of CW’s “The Flash.” Candice Patton stars as Iris West, Barry Allen’s buddy and occasional love interest. She described her “chemistry test” with Grant Gustin, who plays The Flash.

“They put us in a room with execs and they just hope there’s magic,” she said. You can see Candice in the season two premiere Tuesday, October 6th at 8 p.m. on the CW.

You can also follow her on Twitter @candicekp.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news! The video is gone, though .
Old 10-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love the title of this thread.

I agree, the video is gone; however, thanks for the news.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 10-01-2015, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you like it .
Old 10-02-2015, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-02-2015, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for those videos.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 10-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the vids...even if the "three flashes" comment was (surprise) misinterpreted.
Old 10-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the interviews .

LOL @ the girls being so serious (and awesome, especially Candice when she said that they're so much more than the men they're associated with) and then Carlos goes for "I ship Snowstorm" .
Old 10-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for those vids!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome .
Old 10-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for all that

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-06-2015, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hoping for more news soon .
Old 10-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

There should be news since the show season is starting!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 10-06-2015, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Interview With Candice about Season 2.

Quote:
The Flash’ Season 2: Candice Patton Talks Iris Joining the Team, West Family Secrets

How does it feel to finally be an official part of Team Flash after a season spent in the dark about Barry’s secret?

It’s a huge relief. As an actor, I was waiting on pins and needles to have a little bit more fun and join the team and be part of all the action and excitement that’s going on in Central City… It’s nice seeing banter between Iris and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), and Iris and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker), and Iris and Dr. Stein (Victor Garber); there’s a lot more characters for her to interact with. She has a reason now to be in STAR Labs and not just wander in. I don’t have to explain to fans “how did she get in there?” [Laughs.]

At Comic-Con, Grant previewed that we’d start off Season 2 with Barry operating as more of a lone wolf, trying to distance himself from the rest of the team – how integral is Iris in helping him get through that?

We find Barry distraught after what happened with the singularity – lives have been lost and he’s really struggling to figure out if this is what he wants to do, and what’s really great is you see the dynamic between Barry and Iris — she kind of steps in and tells Barry, “you can’t give up; this is what you were meant to do.” It’s nice because you really see the power that Iris has with Barry in being able to motivate him and inspire him to keep going. It’s that friendship that we saw at the beginning of season one that I think we’ll see for seasons to come — they just have the ability to really ground each other, and that’s why I think Iris is so important to Team Flash in that way too. She’s one of the few people who can really speak to Barry’s heart.

Speaking of heart, we’re going to be delving deeper into the West family this season…

It’s always great to work with Jesse; he’s such a seasoned actor and we have a lot of really emotional family scenes digging up stuff from our past. People know by now that Mama West is going to be making an appearance and we have to deal with how Iris finds out about her mother. There’s a lot of family strain in the West house. It’s a lot of new information and a lot for Iris to process, but it makes for really good TV. I think people will be happy to see more of the West family coming to fruition this season… I know nothing about the Wally West storyline, I haven’t even seen him on set yet, so I think we’re just about to get into that. Everything around Wally is very hush-hush, so I think that’s the storyline that I’m most excited about this season.

How does Francine’s return affect the dynamic between Iris and Joe?

After having one secret that’s been held for so long with Barry being The Flash, Iris and Joe have moved beyond that, and any other hurdles that come up in season two, you find that – no matter what [the hurdles] are — they move through it very quickly. I think Iris has realized that everything her father does is out of love and protection, and while that’s very irritating, I think she has begun to understand why … It makes for a really interesting dynamic. There’s a lot more respect and understanding and confidence between Joe and Iris, and he’s giving her a little more freedom this season to be courageous and be this strong woman we know her to be.
Click link for more of the interview - ‘The Flash’ Season 2: Iris’ Mom, Wally Will Lead to West Family Strain | Variety