Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
There are sometimes a few weeks right at the start of a relationship where everything is new and hearts and flowers. But if that lasts more than a few weeks, you don't have a relationship - you're in fantasyland and aren't being realistic. No matter how compatible people are, they will have differences and they will have to work to compromise on things, make adjustments and all that. Heck - usually one of the first things you have to work out is just exactly how you'll conduct your fights. What is perfectly normal and expected for one person, the other person may consider is disrespectful or bullying.

I'd actually like to see that - have Walter and Paige get into a good fight - and then start fighting about how they are fighting.
Exactly - there are just SO MANY things they can still do.

Now I want to write that fight thing...but I don't think I could do it justice because I've never been in a relationship so figuring out fight dynamics isn't something I've done.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Exactly - there are just SO MANY things they can still do.

Now I want to write that fight thing...but I don't think I could do it justice because I've never been in a relationship so figuring out fight dynamics isn't something I've done.
That's another place where Ralph is a factor. Paige may have very definite ideas about how much Ralph should be exposed to. Not fighting because there is a young person in the house can actually be very hard on a relationship, too. And while some parents feel they should only fight when the kids aren't around, others feel it's healthy for kids to see their parents fight - and work things out. In this case, Paige's opinion will naturally carry more weight - but if she imposes restrictions, it could be frustrating for Walter if there's something he needs to get off his chest and he has to hold it in.

~Heidi
Old 03-23-2017, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. Plus, how much will Walter be over? How soon will Walter stay over? Ralph already basically considers him his dad and Walter has referred to Ralph as his son, but they'd have to consider Ralph before getting domestic at all (the last fic I wrote had them meeting for sex at the garage before the workday started because they agreed to stay PG when Ralph was in the same building, but even just sleeping at their place would be a big step when a kid is involved - especially one so attached to the guy his mom is dating.) They'd also, I imagine, hang out with Ralph, maybe do a sort of 'date' that involves him. Walter's never officially been in a parenting role before. Ralph adds an entire extra dimension to what they can do with this.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hate to bring up the name in this thread, but I wonder how Tim and Paige dealt with some of these issues. How they handled some of these things could affect how Paige deals with the same things with Walter.

There's also the issue that Ralph is used to having his mom all to himself - despite the Tim interlude. Regardless of how much he loves Walter, he's still young enough that he may think that his mom and Walter being together means they will spend all of their time together - all three of them. In fact, because of how much he cares for Walter, that assumption may actually be stronger. When Walter and Paige want to go out alone, they may have a tough time explaining that to Ralph.

~Heidi
Old 03-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hate to bring up the name in this thread, but I wonder how Tim and Paige dealt with some of these issues. How they handled some of these things could affect how Paige deals with the same things with Walter.

There's also the issue that Ralph is used to having his mom all to himself - despite the Tim interlude. Regardless of how much he loves Walter, he's still young enough that he may think that his mom and Walter being together means they will spend all of their time together - all three of them. In fact, because of how much he cares for Walter, that assumption may actually be stronger. When Walter and Paige want to go out alone, they may have a tough time explaining that to Ralph.
You know, I honestly don't even know if those things came up with Paige and the Interloper. Kat said in at least one interview (but I feel like it was a couple times) that that relationship was more about keeping each other company than anything else. Sure it was romantic and there was some level of feelings there, but based on the show timeline (even though it makes no sense) they were only dating 3ish months before he left, and aside from a few tense exchanges regarding Walter, I don't really think there was enough in that relationship to get them angry enough to fight.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If it was only 3 months, they may have not gotten to any of those issues yet. They may have only gone on a few actual dates. So Ralph may not have been much of an issue except to prevent Tim from staying over and keeping dates to a minimum if babysitting services were not available. Both of which are perfectly good things, in my book.

When Waige get together, I wonder if they will even tell Ralph right away? Paige MUST realize how much Ralph wants it - and Walter certainly does - so they may want to keep it very quiet until they have a chance to really figure out if it will work.

~Heidi
Old 03-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I can see them deciding to keep it from Ralph for a little while - then watch when they tell him he reveals they haven't been fooling him this whole time.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh gosh. I can just imagine. Ralph is VERY observant, so I don't think they could keep it from him long. But I'm not sure if he could contain himself, once he figured it. So he might let it slip before they tell him.

~Heidi
Old 03-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So many possibilities, so much potential.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can't wait to find out what the writers come up with!

~Heidi
Old 04-05-2017, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hopefully they will give us enough time to actually watch those types of dynamics.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is a problem. We get so little Waige time - and even less Ralph time. It seems ages since we had a really nice moment with the three of them. Although in some ways, Ralph's new haircut and the look between Walter and Paige sort of counts.

~Heidi
Old 04-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That is a problem. We get so little Waige time - and even less Ralph time. It seems ages since we had a really nice moment with the three of them. Although in some ways, Ralph's new haircut and the look between Walter and Paige sort of counts.
Oh it totally counts.

We did get a little sort - of moment this last week, with Ralph being there when everything shook out in Walter's head. I saw so many tweets and Tumblr posts that were like "this hurts even more knowing Ralph is there," because we know how badly he wants the three of them to be a family. I've said this before but honestly a part of why I want Waige together so badly goes beyond my feelings for them and extends to wanting Ralph to be happy.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That moment when Paige basically dragged Ralph out of the garage - and him looking back at Walter - just tore at my heart. Especially after he basically begged his mom to examine her feelings for Walter. He has to be getting desperate to actually ask his mom that. To witness what happened right after must have been devastating.

~Heidi
Old 04-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That moment when Paige basically dragged Ralph out of the garage - and him looking back at Walter - just tore at my heart. Especially after he basically begged his mom to examine her feelings for Walter. He has to be getting desperate to actually ask his mom that. To witness what happened right after must have been devastating.
Me too. It was like everything else I was feeling just went up exponentially.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread