Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2017, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I really hope no one ever messes Elyes up enough that he talks to fictional characters.
Ooops.

~Heidi
Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But in all seriousness, Ray would be a great resource for Walter after all this because like you said, he obviously wasn't in on the secret.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

But in all seriousness, Ray would be a great resource for Walter after all this because like you said, he obviously wasn't in on the secret.
And that would be an awesome scene. Everyone else, Walter has a very specific relationship with that is - at least on some level - tied to Scorpion. Ray is the one non-genius, non-facilitator, non-father-figure, non-government liaison that Walter deals with. There's literally nothing there but friendship, so it carries a different perspective when he interacts with Ray.

~Heidi
Old 03-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
And that would be an awesome scene. Everyone else, Walter has a very specific relationship with that is - at least on some level - tied to Scorpion. Ray is the one non-genius, non-facilitator, non-father-figure, non-government liaison that Walter deals with. There's literally nothing there but friendship, so it carries a different perspective when he interacts with Ray.
Plus Ray is big on the Waige Train so that's a bonus for us.

Old 03-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Plus Ray is big on the Waige Train so that's a bonus for us.
Absolutely.

~Heidi
Old 03-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But ship bias aside, you're absolutely right. Walter and Ray have a genuine but, when it comes to the team, a uniquely unbiased relationship.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very likely most of Walter's previous interaction with men - or boys - his own age that weren't part of his work have probably been similar to his interaction with Thomas and Connor - the Irish bullies. That he would even allow someone unrelated to Scorpion to get past his emotional armor is amazing. So I would love to see Walter confiding in Ray or coming to him for help, since it would be yet more evidence of how far he's come.

~Heidi
Old 04-05-2017, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Very likely most of Walter's previous interaction with men - or boys - his own age that weren't part of his work have probably been similar to his interaction with Thomas and Connor - the Irish bullies. That he would even allow someone unrelated to Scorpion to get past his emotional armor is amazing. So I would love to see Walter confiding in Ray or coming to him for help, since it would be yet more evidence of how far he's come.
Yeah, my guess is he has been extremely headshy about any normals getting close to him - maybe men more than women because he had Megan, but even with Paige, his first impression of her was her going above and beyond to be kind to someone and then Ralph was a big part of that too. But I still think because of his sister and the bullying we know he got from Thomas and Connor, it was probably a lot harder for him to let down his guard around men/boys, which makes his relationship with Ray extra special.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, my guess is he has been extremely headshy about any normals getting close to him - maybe men more than women because he had Megan, but even with Paige, his first impression of her was her going above and beyond to be kind to someone and then Ralph was a big part of that too. But I still think because of his sister and the bullying we know he got from Thomas and Connor, it was probably a lot harder for him to let down his guard around men/boys, which makes his relationship with Ray extra special.
Not just the bullying from other boys, but his own father was less than kind to him.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatFan89 (View Post)
Not just the bullying from other boys, but his own father was less than kind to him.
Yep, though I don't know if that ruined him for father figures in general because he did bond with Cabe pretty quickly.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yep, though I don't know if that ruined him for father figures in general because he did bond with Cabe pretty quickly.
I think what Walter's father did actually had the opposite effect - it made him crave a father figure.

~Heidi
Old 04-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think what Walter's father did actually had the opposite effect - it made him crave a father figure.
Ditto for Ralph and Drew.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems to be a running theme on the show. Sly is similar in his desire for a father that is better than the one he had. In some ways, I see his relationship with Walter - at least in the early days - something like that. Although they've since settled into a nice brotherly relationship.

~Heidi
Old 04-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It seems to be a running theme on the show. Sly is similar in his desire for a father that is better than the one he had. In some ways, I see his relationship with Walter - at least in the early days - something like that. Although they've since settled into a nice brotherly relationship.
Siblings can have parent/child aspects to their relationships too - look at Lilo and Stitch (I know there are other examples but that's my default) - so Walter and Sly could definitely be both.

Old 04-22-2017, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have such a love hate relationship with rewatching certain scenes this year. Like on one hand, I don't like watching Walter hurt, but on the other hand, it's those moments that Elyes just really kills even more than he does everything else. He plays the subtle yet glaring pain in Walter's expression and voice in a way that blows me away every time. So on that level, I want to keep rewatching. But on the other level..I want to see what Elyes can do with the happy emotion more often.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread