Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That would be a wonderful world, Tiff. Unfortunately, I think the way that tv shows work, there are so many companies with their fingers in the pie - the networks, the production companies, the advertising companies and the advertisers, the performer's representatives, etc., etc. If any one of those decides to pull the plug, it can be game over with little or no warning.

Interestingly, I just finished watching an Australian series - A Place to Call Home. They not only wrapped everything up nicely in the last episode, they even did that thing where they show each of the key characters and do a little caption about what happened to them in the time after the show ends. So obviously, they had the advance notice to be able to do that. Which is amazing because they were cancelled and jumped to different networks twice in 6 seasons.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2019, 03:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I think every TV show that gets cancelled unexpectedly should be given the opportunity to wrap up their storylines in a tv-movie. It would show the networks have some respect for the fans and then I'm sure they would retain more viewers and keep people interested in their new shows if they did that. I've read so many comments from angry Scorpion fans who say they will never watch another TV show again because of what happened.

It would be much better, of course, if networks could organise themselves so that production companies were aware of impending cancellations early enough to enable them to tie up loose ends during their final season! At least that way no one else would be left with a terrible cliffhanger like we were.
The final was filmed in early March the writers at that point should have known that the ratings were not good but in their defense they were many websites saying Scorpion was going to be renewed and we don't know what the network was telling them at this time. I have not watched a single CBS primetime show this season not even Big Bang theory I have not watch a single episode of the final season
Old 01-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's say they did do a movie. Would you want them to pick up right where they left off, or skip ahead?

~Heidi
Old 01-06-2019, 10:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Let's say they did do a movie. Would you want them to pick up right where they left off, or skip ahead?
I think at this point they would have to skip ahead because Ralph aka Riley would look older or taller and the more time that goes bye that would be a problem unless they recast the part which I don't think they should. If they would have been pick up for a 5th season they could have pick up where they left off. This idea just come to me Scorpion movie opens with Ralph just turning 18 he moves in with Walter and begins working with Scorpion 2.0 competing with his mother and Centipede now I do not want the break up of Waige and the team to last that long but at this point CBS is not interested in rebooting Scorpion

Last edited by Earnie; 01-06-2019 at 10:16 PM
Old 01-07-2019, 09:35 AM
Absolute Fan

I would love to see them pick up where they left off, although Earnie has a good point about Riley! I think the team and Waige were already apart for far too long and I would have hoped that after crossing paths in the Gettlemen offices one of them would have realised that enough is enough and taken the first steps towards fixing everything.
Old 01-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I would love to see them pick up where they left off, although Earnie has a good point about Riley! I think the team and Waige were already apart for far too long and I would have hoped that after crossing paths in the Gettlemen offices one of them would have realised that enough is enough and taken the first steps towards fixing everything.
They could start the movie with the team and Waige already back together or the team is back together and Waige is getting there but going to counseling working on their issues
Old 01-07-2019, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They could get around the Riley age issue if they pick up years in the future and then do flashbacks for how Waige and the team got back together - without Ralph in any of the flashbacks. Continuing Earnie's idea, starting the movie when Ralph is 18 - or maybe even 16 - he becomes a full-fledged, salaried employee of Scorpion Partners (when they merged the ditched the Centipede but kept the Partners). As they celebrate, they recall how the team - and Waige - got back together.

~Heidi
Old 01-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
They could get around the Riley age issue if they pick up years in the future and then do flashbacks for how Waige and the team got back together - without Ralph in any of the flashbacks. Continuing Earnie's idea, starting the movie when Ralph is 18 - or maybe even 16 - he becomes a full-fledged, salaried employee of Scorpion Partners (when they merged the ditched the Centipede but kept the Partners). As they celebrate, they recall how the team - and Waige - got back together.

This would a good movie or a fanfiction story not that I am hinting at one but I would not mind if one of our great writers here wrote it
Old 01-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
This would a good movie or a fanfiction story not that I am hinting at one but I would not mind if one of our great writers here wrote it
I feel like most of us have already written or are in the process of writing our fix it fics, which are basically flashback fics without any leap forwards.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't started S4 yet but I loved that they finally got together at the end of S3
Old 01-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by you're my lifeline (View Post)
I haven't started S4 yet but I loved that they finally got together at the end of S3
It certainly took them long enough, didn't it! Be warned though, S4 is a bit of a rollercoaster for Waige.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There's a lot of cute stuff too, though!

Old 01-15-2019, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ah OK thanks for the warning I am glad there are cute things too

Is season 4 the last season or was there a S5 aswell?
Old 01-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by you're my lifeline (View Post)
Ah OK thanks for the warning I am glad there are cute things too

Is season 4 the last season or was there a S5 aswell?
We were cancelled after season four, but the writers thought we were getting renewed and left the show in a very dramatic and depressing fashion which we will now never get resolution to.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh yes, plenty of cute stuff!

But don't get us started on the cliffhanger!