Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2018, 06:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
However long S5 is, I figure about half of it will be Waige apart, with 2-3 episodes with them reconciling, and the remainder leading up to the establishment of some recognition of permanence - either moving in together, a proposal or a wedding.
Do you think the team will reconcile before Waige I can't see the team being together if Waige is apart unless Walter and Paige agree to be civil to one another they may because of Ralph but boy it is going to suck if we have to go thru them being apart again
Old 04-25-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think the company will come back together before Waige does. I think that whatever brings the two teams back together will be so compelling that Walter and Paige will have to put aside their differences for the greater good. That will lead them to talking about what happened, and hopefully lead to an honest discussion of what derailed their relationship and how they can mend it - and the fact that they both very much WANT to mend it.

~Heidi
Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do think the company will come back together before Waige does. I think that whatever brings the two teams back together will be so compelling that Walter and Paige will have to put aside their differences for the greater good. That will lead them to talking about what happened, and hopefully lead to an honest discussion of what derailed their relationship and how they can mend it - and the fact that they both very much WANT to mend it.
Agreed.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

How long do you think it will take before Paige regrets the things she said to Walter it did not seem like she regretted anything 2 weeks later but maybe she putting on a brave face
Old 04-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she's going to waver back and forth. She was pretty angry, and I think she believes it's righteous anger. I think there will be times within days if not hours that she regrets it, because she still loves Walter and doesn't really want to be apart from him. But then her anger will come up and the regret will go away. Depending on how Ralph reacts, that may also cause her to regret her actions sooner rather than later.

~Heidi
Old 04-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think she's going to waver back and forth. She was pretty angry, and I think she believes it's righteous anger. I think there will be times within days if not hours that she regrets it, because she still loves Walter and doesn't really want to be apart from him. But then her anger will come up and the regret will go away. Depending on how Ralph reacts, that may also cause her to regret her actions sooner rather than later.
Agreed - and she will continue to justify her anger in her head (whether the specific thing she's justifying is justifiable or not) and that will prolong it. But I doubt she's gonna be solid about it - at least internally.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would also like to see Walter go off on Paige I think he needs to have his say I mean he had to stay there and listen to her rant it is only fair then once they both get everything out in the open then they can begin reconciliation
Old 04-28-2018, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really want any more "going off" on anyone. I just want them to TALK.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I don't really want any more "going off" on anyone. I just want them to TALK.
Walter can say what he has to say with out the anger I just want him to be able to say it
Old 04-28-2018, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
Walter can say what he has to say with out the anger I just want him to be able to say it
One of the best episodes of season 3 was Sharknerdo, because Walt did speak his mind to Paige, and they actually communicated. It was tense and angry at first, but they were able to clear the air between them. Of course they had to listen to each other, cause there was no running away in the middle of the ocean.
Old 04-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Loyal Fan

At this point, I am really missing Season 1 and Season 2 (BEFORE TIM) Waige because they really communicated, and Paige was able to read Walter better than she's able to now. It seems like ever since they've started dating, she's unintentionally created some sort of mental block, disabling her from being able to connect with Walter like she used to. And maybe that mental block was created when Collins placed those doubts in her head about their relationship, especially when Walter started asking her "Are you saying this as my gf or my translator?"

I think the division was blurred, and maybe that's why she seemed to have grown "bored" with him (if that's even true on her part). Maybe she couldn't differentiate the line between Walter O'Brien - Boyfriend and Walter O'Brien - Boss / Employer. Going to those lectures or science-related functions probably made her feel like she was Walter's employee, not girlfriend.

If seen that way, I can understand how Paige could feel like Walter wasn't satisfying her, but if she really did feel that way, then she needed to set him aside and gently tell him that she wanted to go on a date WITHOUT some sort of lecture afterwards. They need to work things out when they get back together (if there's a season 5) and decide, "Okay, these nights are strictly romantic date nights, and these days are for intellectual date nights..." Or something like that.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
At this point, I am really missing Season 1 and Season 2 (BEFORE TIM) Waige because they really communicated, and Paige was able to read Walter better than she's able to now. It seems like ever since they've started dating, she's unintentionally created some sort of mental block, disabling her from being able to connect with Walter like she used to. And maybe that mental block was created when Collins placed those doubts in her head about their relationship, especially when Walter started asking her "Are you saying this as my gf or my translator?"

I think the division was blurred, and maybe that's why she seemed to have grown "bored" with him (if that's even true on her part). Maybe she couldn't differentiate the line between Walter O'Brien - Boyfriend and Walter O'Brien - Boss / Employer. Going to those lectures or science-related functions probably made her feel like she was Walter's employee, not girlfriend.

If seen that way, I can understand how Paige could feel like Walter wasn't satisfying her, but if she really did feel that way, then she needed to set him aside and gently tell him that she wanted to go on a date WITHOUT some sort of lecture afterwards. They need to work things out when they get back together (if there's a season 5) and decide, "Okay, these nights are strictly romantic date nights, and these days are for intellectual date nights..." Or something like that.
Yes I agree it seems like after they become a couple they stop talking to each other and Paige kept giving mixed signals telling him in 4.08 I love you for who you are then in Dumpster fire Paige seems to fall in love with Dopey Walter the end of that episode made me angry too. Paige should have told Walter you promise to listen to Moon River with me I think if she would have make it clear how important it was to her Walter would have done it because he loves her. In 4.19 Gator Done she should have said Walter I don't want to go to the lecture can we please do something we both can enjoy I hope in season 5 they both find something they enjoy doing together instead of always showing how different they are

Last edited by Earnie; 04-29-2018 at 08:58 AM
Old 04-29-2018, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Paige is fighting with a couple of inclinations that make her go in opposite directions.

On the one hand, she's concerned about how different they are - and particularly that she cannot be Walter's intellectual equal. So she pretends to enjoy the things he does - because she doesn't want him to think they have nothing they can share. It's very similar to when she tried his favorite fermented fish, but on a deeper level. By doing that, he is left with the impression that she likes this stuff - and so he feeds her more of it. Meanwhile, she actually doesn't like it. Having to pretend she does - and getting more and more exposure - builds up resentment in her until it blows up.

The second issue is that she wants Walter to share in what she enjoys, despite the fact that he has little or no interest and little or no exposure. She expects him to like something that he just doesn't - and she knows he doesn't. Instead of accepting that, she gets angry when he doesn't respond the way she wants him to.

In both of these situations, if they could be honest with each other - without throwing out blame or expectations - they could come to a compromise where they agree to spend time in his world and time in hers and they agree to if not necessarily enjoy the other's world, at least tolerate it graciously and make an attempt to act appropriately, which pretty much amounts to smiling, nodding politely and keeping your mouth shut.

They also need to seriously discuss what they do have in common, and see if they can discover more areas of common ground. That way, they can maximize the time they spend on mutually enjoyable things.

~Heidi
Old 04-29-2018, 12:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would love for Waige in season 5 to find a activity they both enjoyed doing maybe something neither one has done before but find that they love it
Old 04-29-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think Paige is fighting with a couple of inclinations that make her go in opposite directions.

On the one hand, she's concerned about how different they are - and particularly that she cannot be Walter's intellectual equal. So she pretends to enjoy the things he does - because she doesn't want him to think they have nothing they can share. It's very similar to when she tried his favorite fermented fish, but on a deeper level. By doing that, he is left with the impression that she likes this stuff - and so he feeds her more of it. Meanwhile, she actually doesn't like it. Having to pretend she does - and getting more and more exposure - builds up resentment in her until it blows up.

The second issue is that she wants Walter to share in what she enjoys, despite the fact that he has little or no interest and little or no exposure. She expects him to like something that he just doesn't - and she knows he doesn't. Instead of accepting that, she gets angry when he doesn't respond the way she wants him to.

In both of these situations, if they could be honest with each other - without throwing out blame or expectations - they could come to a compromise where they agree to spend time in his world and time in hers and they agree to if not necessarily enjoy the other's world, at least tolerate it graciously and make an attempt to act appropriately, which pretty much amounts to smiling, nodding politely and keeping your mouth shut.

They also need to seriously discuss what they do have in common, and see if they can discover more areas of common ground. That way, they can maximize the time they spend on mutually enjoyable things.
Very well said.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread