Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=WeBuiltThePyramids;94414260]That was something that really frustrated me after the finale, with some people saying that any time you go to someone else for something your spouse can't give you it's cheating. Emotionally or sexually, yes. But there are tons of people out there who go to sporting events with friends because their husband/wife doesn't like it, academics work with people on projects all the time that their partners may not be capable of understanding. My sister's boyfriend goes to gaming stuff, there are men and women there, and she doesn't care because she knows he's not gonna leave her just because she doesn't share one of the things he's passionate about. Even if Walter was attracted to Florence, that still didn't mean he was going to act on it (example: Florence developed a thing for him, but she didn't do anything about it) and we know there was nothing there on his end. It's extremely unhealthy to believe your partner shouldn't do anything with other people that he/she/they wouldn't do with you.[/QUOTe

The problem was caused when Walter lied to Paige if he would have said to her I overhead you telling Ralph you don't want to go do you mind if I go with Florence but because he lied it made it look like he would rather spend time with Florence than Paige your sister knows who her boyfriend is with Paige did not that's the difference
Old 07-05-2018, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Life would be boring if you spent every moment with the same person. If anything, because they also work together I would think Walter and Paige both would need time when they do things with other people.

~Heidi
Old 07-05-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Life would be boring if you spent every moment with the same person. If anything, because they also work together I would think Walter and Paige both would need time when they do things with other people.
Agree. When you work together you often specifically need things you do with other people. And you HAVE to trust the other person.

Old 07-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige especially should have some understanding of that. She's spent most of her life either at work, or with Ralph. She loves Ralph, of course, but I'm sure there were times she wanted to spend time with other people.

~Heidi
Old 07-12-2018, 06:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Paige especially should have some understanding of that. She's spent most of her life either at work, or with Ralph. She loves Ralph, of course, but I'm sure there were times she wanted to spend time with other people.
One thing she isn't used to, though, is having that kind of relationship with a romantic partner. She has never done distance with it lasting and at least one of those times she was cheated on. She was possibly distance with Drew more than she was with Drew on a day to day basis, and Tim wasn't a long term relationship. Walter is her first relationship as an adult - and possibly ever - where they're spending this level of time together on a long term basis. Paige doesn't know how to do that any more than Walter does.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. People who are in the early days of being in love tend to romanticize the time they spend together. They think they want to be together 24/7 - like that would be ideal. Most can't manage it, because of work and other things. Since Walter and Paige work together, they would discover that it's not the great idea it seems to be. But it's likely one of them would figure that out first, but be reluctant to say anything for fear of hurting the other's feelings.

I don't think either of them actually got to the point consciously, but it is possible that Walter was getting an unconscious sense that Paige could not be the be-all and end-all of his life.

~Heidi
Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Giffing Waige - even just one gif - was really tough the other day. And I'm not even sure if it was tough in a good or bad way. Like seeing them all happy and stuff made me so happy and then I just got sad because we aren't ever going to get to see them have their final happy ending.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had a similar reaction to the gif I chose for the post counts post on Sunday. I pick them sort of randomly, and when that one came up, I briefly considered picking something else. It gave me good feels - especially since it was one of the only times we saw them on an actual date - but it also made me sad to think we won't see them like that again.

~Heidi
Old 07-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I am s disappointed about not having a 5th season I wanted Waige to get busted by the neighbors having loud make up sex neighbors in Paige's condo not Florence Tipton neighbor now that I think about it that would have been fun too
Old 07-17-2018, 05:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I had a similar reaction to the gif I chose for the post counts post on Sunday. I pick them sort of randomly, and when that one came up, I briefly considered picking something else. It gave me good feels - especially since it was one of the only times we saw them on an actual date - but it also made me sad to think we won't see them like that again.
At least we have fanfics, I guess.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's tougher to imagine their future when the show ended with them split up. I feel like I'm concentrating all my imagination on believing they will get back together, so I don't have the fun of imagining what comes after that - moving in together and maybe getting married or having children. It's like the reconciliation - even if in my heart I believe it will happen - is a sort of roadblock that I can't get past.

~Heidi
Old 07-18-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's tougher to imagine their future when the show ended with them split up. I feel like I'm concentrating all my imagination on believing they will get back together, so I don't have the fun of imagining what comes after that - moving in together and maybe getting married or having children. It's like the reconciliation - even if in my heart I believe it will happen - is a sort of roadblock that I can't get past.
For me that is easier because I honestly didn't see that as a fundamental issue - like obviously they have things they need to work on, but it's not like one of them slept with someone, it's not like there was a domestic dispute and and it's not like Walter treated Ralph like crap. Paige has insecurities, Walter isn't great at reading situations. They both already know that about each other. All that really needs to happen, to me, is to have both of them stop letting their pride get in the way and talk and agree to be more mindful of the other's weaknesses. And we even got an indication that Walter, at least, is ready to do that. I don't have an issue imagining what happens after because I honestly don't see them getting back together as being that complicated.

Old 07-19-2018, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The show ended two weeks after the breakup. How much longer after that do you think it will take for either Walter or Paige to contact the other with the idea of mending their rift? It looked like Walter wanted to talk to Paige right at the end. Do you think he might have waited in the outer office for her?

~Heidi
Old 07-19-2018, 04:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The show ended two weeks after the breakup. How much longer after that do you think it will take for either Walter or Paige to contact the other with the idea of mending their rift? It looked like Walter wanted to talk to Paige right at the end. Do you think he might have waited in the outer office for her?
If there was a season 5 I think the writers would have drug it out for a little while but I think just like in some of the fanfiction fix it stories Walter or Paige would end up in a life threatening situation forcing the other to put aside being angry at the other in order to save them. Walter might have waited outside the office but is Paige ready to listen at that point I don't know
Old 07-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
If there was a season 5 I think the writers would have drug it out for a little while but I think just like in some of the fanfiction fix it stories Walter or Paige would end up in a life threatening situation forcing the other to put aside being angry at the other in order to save them. Walter might have waited outside the office but is Paige ready to listen at that point I don't know
That seems to be a common theme - that it takes a crisis to bring them together. I would really prefer to see them, having been away from each other for a few weeks, simply realize that although being together had it's problems, being apart simply doesn't work at all. The "crisis" should be that neither of them wants to live without the other.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread