Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2018, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter is also a single person who lives alone, for the most part, and is focused on his work. He may overlook some of the finer points of housecleaning.

~Heidi
Old 02-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Walter is also a single person who lives alone, for the most part, and is focused on his work. He may overlook some of the finer points of housecleaning.
Yeah, and Paige doesn't strike me as someone who would take it upon herself to doll up her boyfriend's living/work space. She knows that he has things the way he likes them and she likes that about him.

I wrote a short little thing yesterday (one of two things I wrote yesterday, sorry Heidi ) about Walter coming home after the bus case.

Old 02-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, and Paige doesn't strike me as someone who would take it upon herself to doll up her boyfriend's living/work space. She knows that he has things the way he likes them and she likes that about him.
Paige has enough to deal with at her own home with a pre-teen son and a full-time job. Walter should stop by sometimes and help *her* with housework!

~Heidi
Old 02-08-2018, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now he's a teen son, because despite being eight years old in the pilot, he's somehow thirteen now.

Old 02-09-2018, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ yeah, that always freaks me out - especially since they made such a big deal of him telling everyone his *exact* birthday - including the year.

~Heidi
Old 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knoooooooooooooooooow.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I rewatched the pilot a few days ago, and Ralph started out as a 9 year old. So being thirteen would be accurate.
Old 02-09-2018, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be, if they didn't state him as being born December 2005 in Hard Knox, meaning he turns 13 in 2018, but not until the end of the year. They flat out gave us his birth date, so when Paige said he was nine in the diner, she had to have been rounding up because he was still eight then. It's no big deal to round up by a couple months, but calling him 13 now is aging him up by nearly a year.

Old 02-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They might be trying to make him older to make the Patty crush more believable? Or perhaps if he's 13, he's closer to an age when Paige can leave him on his own for a few hours. Not overnight, probably - but at least for an evening.

~Heidi
Old 02-12-2018, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
They might be trying to make him older to make the Patty crush more believable?
The only reason I don't think this is it is Paige called him 12 in the first half of season three, before Patty even existed. I think it was when Biceps McGee was still around, even.

Old 02-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's also pretty weird because Ralph is actually older than Riley. With adult actors, that can sometimes work - especially if it's a very short time. But there can be a big difference between 12 and 13, and Riley just doesn't come across as 13 to me. Of course, I'm generalizing and there are probably 14 and 15 year olds that act more like they are 11 or 12. But I do think that 13 year olds - since they are usually in 7th grade and therefore past elementary school - they sort of *try* to act more like teenagers.

~Heidi
Old 02-13-2018, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, as someone who's been that age a little more recently than Heidi I definitely knew kids that age who were like that. Usually they were introverted or shy, a few autism-spectrum kids were like that too (and Ralph and Walter both show a ton of signs of being on the spectrum) so he might not act like the image that immediately pops into mind when one thinks of a 13 year old but I can buy it.

Old 02-13-2018, 09:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
It would be, if they didn't state him as being born December 2005 in Hard Knox, meaning he turns 13 in 2018, but not until the end of the year. They flat out gave us his birth date, so when Paige said he was nine in the diner, she had to have been rounding up because he was still eight then. It's no big deal to round up by a couple months, but calling him 13 now is aging him up by nearly a year.
In “Hard Knox,” one of my ten favorite episodes from the sophomore season of CBS’s Scorpion, Ralph mentions he was born 12.11.2005 and his mother Paige was born 04.13.1986.

Riley B. Smith, who plays Ralph, was born 09.02.2005. Katharine McPhee, who plays Paige, was born 03.25.1984. I mention this because, from that “Hard Knox” episode, Paige was 19 when she gave birth to Ralph. But, in one of the best season-three episodes, “Little Boy Lost,” Happy asked Paige about motherhood and whether one can ease up worrying about one’s child. Paige told Happy she would be worried about Ralph if she were 100 years old and, from Paige’s stated math, Ralph would be 78—indicative of a 22-year age difference (which is actually the one between Katharine McPhee and Riley B. Smith).

This current season’s “The Bunker Games” reveals the following characters’ ages: Walter, 34; Florence, 30; Happy, 29; and Sylvester, 24. But, also from this season of Scorpion, the episode “Faire or Foul,” originally broadcast 11.13.2017, celebrates the 25th birthday of Sylvester.

Going by all this, but excluding the newly introduced Florence, it turns out that Walter was born likely in 1983; Happy in 1988; and Sylvester in 1993.

But, Sylvester turned 25 in 2017.

Ari Stidham, who plays Sylvester, was born 08.22.1992. The “Faire or Foul” episode matched the ages of Sylvester and the actor who plays the role. Frankly, in my favorite season-two episode, “Fish Filet,” a undercover-in-prison Sylvester is alluded to, by Cabe, as being 22 years old. That episode originally broadcast 10.05.2015, indicating Sylvester was about to turn 23. So, it was consistent.

Ah, but consistency isn’t all that consistent. Some Wiki page, on the series, has Walter born in 1982 and Happy in 1988. Scorpion had Toby reveal, in the season-one “Kill Screen,” that he was 32. That episode originally broadcast 01.05.2015. Now, Wiki has Walter born 02.24.1982. In one of the best season-one episodes, “Young Hearts Spark Fire,” Toby speaks of being 13 months older than Walter. That would have placed Toby’s birth in January 1981. To be 32 in January 2015, and to have a January birthday, would mean having been born in either January 1982 or January 1983—the same year or one year after Wiki stating that Walter was born in 1982. (By the way: Eddie Kaye Thomas is three years older than Elyes Gabel. Thomas was born 10.31.1980. Gabel was born 05.08.1983.)

I think the main-cast character who has been most consistency represented for age is Cabe. Scorpion matches the character to the actor. Robert Patrick, who turns 60 this year, was born 11.05.1958.

From all on Scorpion, the only one played consistently as older than the actor who portrays that character is Jadyn Wong as Happy Quinn. Wong was born 05.11.1989, one year after Happy.

Some of these Scorpion details on, say, Ralph and Sylvester are reminding me of the NBC comedy series The Golden Girls. That series had plenty of inconsistencies. They were so funny to a point that, not only did the ages of the characters’ spoken-of children not align, even the status of how many children each had were not always tracked accurately.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After reading that Wall o' Text, I'm more confused than ever!

re: Ralph's age - It's true that from the vantage point of my advanced years 13 probably seems much more consistent than it is.

~Heidi
Old 02-14-2018, 11:40 PM
Loyal Fan

My head is swimming, haha.

Anyway, question for everyone:

What is your ideal Waige Valentine's Day celebration? An evening out? An evening in? Movie night? Picnic? Etc. Just curious, lol.

I'll share mine once everyone else does,
Closed Thread   Post New Thread