Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2017, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Walter's always felt something towards Paige since he met her, but I think the first time he realized it was more than friendship was probably True Colors because both Hetty and Dr. Davis(?) revealed markers about his affections towards Paige that he didn't recognize before. Not to mention the fact that he was totally burning holes through the bad guy who was dancing with Paige. Hee hee.

I think Walter's reaction to Dr. Davis is key. Walter denied tampering with the devise to dance with Paige longer, and I think he denied it because he didn't want to believe he felt something for Paige. He probably didn't know how to handle that information and most likely wasn't ready to process it so he filed it away. Now that he has accepted he loves her, he recalls that moment and can now process it as love for her.

Furthermore, Hetty subtly associated people's love for art with Walter's affection for Paige, and that his "looking at Paige" helped him realize the intrinsic value of that painting. Maybe Walter, at that time, didn't see it as love for Paige, just respect. But because of how he was able to appreciate her as a person, he was able to make the connection of how someone might appreciate artwork. And maybe he saw Paige as if she was the Mona Lisa or Venus de Milo, and maybe that was the connection he made because it was the only thing that made sense to him at the time, but however he came to the conclusion about why people find value in art, I truly believe Walter was in love with Paige by then; he just didn't know how to categorize it.

Sorry for writing so much, heh. My inner English major gets the best of me sometimes, haha.
Old 08-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kim - never apologize for the Wall O' Text. It's what we live for around here!

I believe Walter fell in love with Paige in the very first episode. I know that's "love at first sight" and some people adamantly do not believe that exists. But I do believe the spark was there that early. I don't believe, however, that Walter realized it or recognized it as anything different from - as Kim mentioned - respect. So it really isn't love at first sight - since I don't think Walter's feelings have anything to do with what he saw on the outside. It's what he sensed on the inside that did it.

Walter is a person who would not fall in love with anyone without first finding something in them that he can respect as superlative from other people. In Paige, he saw someone that he could respect - but for reasons not related to why he usually respects people - the very few that he does respect. He respects Toby and Sly and Happy for capabilities that are similar to his own. But Paige he respects for qualities he knows he does not have - her ability to relate to people and her compassion for the individual - as well as for qualities he shares - his courage and his determination to do what is right - even if they sometimes interpret what is right in different ways. I think he saw all of that in her right from the first, and throughout the pilot, his first impressions were reinforced until by the end of the episode he was head over heels but just didn't recognize it for what it was.

I think his first realization that these feelings were significantly new and different came in True Colors, but I also think he started reacting to those feelings in A Cyclone. By reacting, I mean that some part of his defense of her to the team was fueled by his need to keep her around. He'd justify that to himself - and to the team - by saying how much they need a liaison with normals. But some part of it is because the feelings that he is has for her drive him subconsciously to make sure she remains close by.

~Heidi
Old 08-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm definitely not someone who believes in love at first sight. I think shared experiences can bond people pretty quickly, but I think you need to really know someone before you're actually in love. That said I think you can definitely really like someone almost right away, and Walter probably liked Paige "like that" by the second episode. But I think that was more of a crush, and I don't think thinking back he considered himself to be in love with her then. But I think by the time they were dancing in True Colors he was there - he just didn't know what it was that he was feeling at the time. When he said "I love her" in 2.24, I really think that was the moment that he realized he did, he just understood that he didn't just start loving her and that that was what he'd been feeling for a while.

I made a gifset that I didn't want to post until the discussion about this progressed a bit because it kinda gives away my answer. Turn left at dogs.

Old 08-23-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't say that gifset gives it away. Any one of those scenes could have been "the moment". Although when you add the lyrics, it might put more weight on a particular one.

~Heidi
Old 08-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wouldn't say that gifset gives it away. Any one of those scenes could have been "the moment". Although when you add the lyrics, it might put more weight on a particular one.
Yeah, with the lyrics it's pretty clear.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last year, in the episode we shall not watch again, Walter was going to give Paige a laptop for Christmas. Any ideas what they might exchange for gifts this Christmas?

~Heidi
Old 08-28-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh gosh I haven't even though that far ahead! I tend to avoid holidays in fics because I never feel like I can come up with good and appropriate ideas.

Old 08-28-2017, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I wouldn't even have a clue, haha. I guess it would depend on how they are as a couple. I mean, we all have our theories, but I feel like Waige would genuinely surprise us. Types of gifts could range from super serious to not so serious at all (like an inside joke or something).

I also think both of them would find it difficult to buy presents for each other because = now that they're together - they would want to make sure their gifts don't disappoint.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, they could decide to try and do something big for each other, or they could just do small gifts almost as a token thing. I could see Walter in particular doing either - he could either try to literally give her the world or give some speech about how he loves her every day of the year and he tries to show her all the time and he doesn't think Christmas should be a big gift giving thing because it emphasizes that how you feel about a person is more important on certain days and that isn't true. There's really just no telling.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For their first Christmas as a couple, I think they'll probably have no idea what to give each other. I think they will both try to do something small but meaningful, although I have no idea what that might be. It would not surprise me if one or the other spends weeks trying to think of something "perfect", but just can't come up with anything.

~Heidi
Old 08-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Or maybe they Gift of the Magi each other.

And now I'm thinking of when Harm and Mac sorta did that.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see them each arranging to do something the other enjoys. Like Walter planning a visit to an art museum while Paige plans a trip to a science symposium.

~Heidi
Old 08-30-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I can see them each arranging to do something the other enjoys. Like Walter planning a visit to an art museum while Paige plans a trip to a science symposium.
Now I'm just thinking about them flirting over their different party plans in 3.22.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Vudu has S4 up now where you can buy the subscription and as a teaser they have a free clip "Walter & Paige Relationship". I watched it and was pretty disappointed that it barely scratches the beginnings of S3. Most of what Elyes talks about is from S2. The clips are mostly from Civil War and based on what Kat and Elyes are wearing, they filmed it while they were doing 3.03.

~Heidi
Old 08-30-2017, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the most recent thing we've gotten video wise was what they released the day 3.23 aired.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread