Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What's bothered me about 3.03 now, is that Paige knowing Walter loves her means she was literally intentionally rubbing Tim in his face, especially with her "why can't you like him?" etc comments. Like bish, you know why. You know that emotions are hard for him and you know exactly why this particular situation is messing him up so much. And yet you continued to flaunt that relationship in front of him. I'm not saying "you know he loves you so you shouldn't date someone else" but jesus friggin christ at least don't be obnoxious about it. Like, I wouldn't even do that to someone I don't like and you're at least supposed to be his friend.

Quote:
1. I think the route the writers are going to take the rest of this season is reminding Paige why she fell in love with Walter in the first place, so how do you think they will acheive that? Obviously, she's buried her feelings for him for a very long time, and it probably won't be easy to unlock, so... do you think it'll be a gradual thing or instantaneously?
It should be a gradual thing but I think they're gonna do it instantaneously because that doesn't require as much effort on their part.

Quote:
2. Once Paige and Tim are over (whenever that will be), would you want Walter to leap at the chance to tell her his feelings? Or, do you think he should keep his distance for a while because of how she treated him these past several months? Like... even if he wants to be with her, do you think he would come to the conclusion that if she wants to be with him, she would have to be the one to confess first?
I think it'd depend on why Paige and Tim ended whether or not it was appropriate for Walter to do something right away. Preferrably, I'd want Paige to be the one to make the move, though. I feel like at this point she's the one with something to prove.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

1. I wonder if, when Paige and Tim separate, she might decide to keep that information to herself for a while - or as long as she can. I can see her doing that because she knows that there is at least an even chance that Walter will pounce as soon as he finds out the coast is effectively clear to do so. I think she might want some time to get her own feelings straight in her mind - to figure out if what she told him in 3.03 was actually the truth.

As much as I agree that her flaunting her relationship with Tim in Walter's face was a nasty thing to do, my personal explanation for that lies in Paige being emotionally confused herself. It doesn't excuse - only explains. I don't think she was trying to be mean to Walter, or prove something to him. I think she was trying to prove something to herself. And I suspect once she realizes that she can't prove - to herself or anyone else - that she really loves Tim, she's going to need some serious self-reflection to understand what she's been doing all this time and why. Within that self-reflection I think Paige will realize that she loves Walter - and why - and she'll realize she never stopped loving him. For sake of drama, I think the writers will give her some great revelation moment. But it would be healthier for all concerned if it was something she came to gradually.

2. Honestly, I don't think how Paige has treated Walter is going to be a big factor in how he approaches her - or even if he approaches her - once he knows Tim is history. Walter tends to jump in first and ask questions later, so there's a good chance he'll do exactly that - he'll decide he needs to put forth his feelings while he has a chance, for fear that Paige might immediately go looking for someone else - another Tim who is more like the standard issue boyfriend that some part of Walter still believes would be best for her. On the other hand, in this one area, Walter has been incredibly over-cautious, and he may still be. Even with the door wide open, he may still hear Toby's and Cabe's opinions that he's not ready or not deserving, and so he may keep silent. In which case, I want Paige to approach him - once she's had a chance to figure out her own mind and heart. And I'd like that to be a very gradual thing. Like they go back to having dinners together - often with Ralph - and spending evenings just "as friends" - until one day she tells him she's in love with him.

~Heidi
Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think that unless Tim comes back from Jordan and they break up on screen in season four, she will keep it to herself for a while. I don't think she would lie and say she's still with him when she's not, but I could see a "don't you have to go skype with Tim?" "No...we actually broke up last month," type of conversation happening between her and another character.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Loyal Fan

For the past few months, Nicole, Heidi and I have been working on a new "Five Times" fic collaboration, and we finally posted it today!

You can find all of the information regarding the fic collaboration here.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting it here, Kim!

Note to any potential readers - there is M rated content in this, especially in the last chapter.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting this, Kim! It was great fun working on another 5 Times with both of you!

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Now if only we'd get some Waige on the show.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Waige will come. We must have patience.

(Yes - I know, we've been patient. )

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been patient now I'm at this stage.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I've been patient now I'm at this stage.
Hay now, we got a moment in tonight's ep. Paige did not see a random woman dancing with Tim, in her truth fungus induced hallucination. She saw Wally!
Old 02-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Giffed this after tonight's ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatFan89 (View Post)
Hay now, we got a moment in tonight's ep. Paige did not see a random woman dancing with Tim, in her truth fungus induced hallucination. She saw Wally!
There were a lot of opportunities for Tim to be mentioned in this ep - you're right, she could have hallucinated losing him - she could have added "anyway I have a boyfriend" to her "I know you're gonna ask if Walter and I are together but we're JUST. FRIENDS." thing at the start of the ep, Toby could have gently reminded Ralph "your mother is dating someone else," when he wished that Paige and Walter would be together, etc. But he wasn't. And he wasn't mentioned in the Valentine's Day ep either, making me wonder...if he's still in the picture.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige has a LOT to think about - even if she doesn't want to admit what she saw to anyone else.

Paige did mention she was supposed to Skype with Tim at the end of 3.15. Assuming we're in "real time" that's 2 weeks without any further mention. If that's all there was, it wouldn't seem odd. But the lack of any mention for Valentine's Day seems like there's either some trouble between them - or at least some drifting apart. But the real kicker is that in her "just friends" discussion with Toby she made no mention of Tim at all. As many times in the past that she's used the "I'm with Tim now" line, if it were still true, it should have come out almost without here thinking.

I'm also very much thinking that Toby's discussion with Ralph is a set up for Toby to be proven wrong - on a matter of behavior and emotions. Also, in that discussion, Ralph obviously thinks that if Walter conquered his fear, he would ask Paige out. Ralph is in a position to know - or at least suspect - if Paige and Tim have split. I don't think he would believe that fear was the only thing still preventing Walter from asking Paige out if he knows for certain that his mom is still involved with Paige.

~Heidi
Old 02-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I found the complete lack of Tim in the past two episodes nice, but frustrating at the same time, especially if she is still dating him.

Like you said, it'd have been very easy - and logical - for Paige to bring up Tim to Toby, and for then, Toby to bring up Tim to Ralph, both when justifying Waige's current status of Special Friends. Since they aren't - and especially since there was no mention of him for Valentine's Day - that would imply to me that she's not seeing him anymore. Especially since Ralph says, like you said, that fear is all that is stopping his parents from being together (not only would fear not be the only thing preventing Walter from asking her out if she was still with Tim, but Ralph seems to think that if Walter would ask Paige out, she'd accept, no question, which also would be out of the question if she was in a relationship). If they continue to blatantly ignore a relationship that continues to exist, continue to make it seem like she isn't thinking about him at all, it'd be unrealistic to have him come back at the end of the 8 months and have them pick up where they left off. Like...

I hope that if she IS still with Tim, her hallucination makes her rethink that. Part of me is like, you have no right to worry yourself over him getting with someone else while you are dating someone else.

I did have someone ask me why Paige's apparent "worst fear" is losing Walter to another woman and not something happening to Ralph. I'm including a link to my answer (here) not only just for my explanation of that, but also because I analyze Paige's feelings in it, and that's obviously very Waige related.

I also giffed this last night.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wrote this today - Walter isn't actually in the fic but as you'll see when you read it it's definitely Waige.

I still want to know if Heidi or Kim have any thoughts/wanted to build on this.

Quote:
I found the complete lack of Tim in the past two episodes nice, but frustrating at the same time, especially if she is still dating him.

Like you said, it'd have been very easy - and logical - for Paige to bring up Tim to Toby, and for then, Toby to bring up Tim to Ralph, both when justifying Waige's current status of Special Friends. Since they aren't - and especially since there was no mention of him for Valentine's Day - that would imply to me that she's not seeing him anymore. Especially since Ralph says, like you said, that fear is all that is stopping his parents from being together (not only would fear not be the only thing preventing Walter from asking her out if she was still with Tim, but Ralph seems to think that if Walter would ask Paige out, she'd accept, no question, which also would be out of the question if she was in a relationship). If they continue to blatantly ignore a relationship that continues to exist, continue to make it seem like she isn't thinking about him at all, it'd be unrealistic to have him come back at the end of the 8 months and have them pick up where they left off. Like...

I hope that if she IS still with Tim, her hallucination makes her rethink that. Part of me is like, you have no right to worry yourself over him getting with someone else while you are dating someone else.

I did have someone ask me why Paige's apparent "worst fear" is losing Walter to another woman and not something happening to Ralph. I'm including a link to my answer (here) not only just for my explanation of that, but also because I analyze Paige's feelings in it, and that's obviously very Waige related.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

It is frustrating being in a limbo of sorts with regards to Timbo. As long as nothing definite has been said, he could pop back up - maybe not in person, but by reference. And as long as there is a possibility that Paige is still with Tim - then Waige is just not possible.

At the same time, there seem to be SO many signs to indicate that Tim is history. But are we maybe seeing signs where they don't really exist because we want it so bad? It certainly seems that the writers are going out of their way to give Paige things to think about. Going back to Ronnie's parting words, and culminating of course in the hallucination. I also really wonder if Paige ever thinks about what she said in 3.03. I can't imagine with all of this to think about that Paige is getting much sleep. I would kind of love to see another scene like the beginning of 2.01 where she falls asleep at her desk and everyone asks her why she's so tired, and she just sputters because she can't tell them that thoughts of Walter are keeping her awake at night!

I'm seriously concerned that they are going to drag this indefinite situation out until the finale. And we'll either find out right before the credits role on 3.25 that Tim is history, leaving us with a very 2.24-like ending Waige-wise. Or they will do something like end the season with Paige finding out that Tim is about to come back. They *might* give us some indication that this is not something she's terribly happy about - but either way, it will leave us hanging for months.

I'm learning to be a pessimist.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread