Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2015, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm really ready for them to go on a date. Even if it's just to give them some alone time to talk.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Given that Walter basically had an emotional meltdown last night, I don't think it would have been appropriate to have many Waige moments beyond what we got. Paige was there for him when he finally gave in to his grief. Prior to that, she was well aware that he was heading for something, and it would not have been the time for her to push anything relationship-wise. Walter, for his part, was not in a place to do that. He was already heading for emotional overload. If he attempted to push the relationship in any way it would most likely have been only to deflect his feelings away from the ones he wants to acknowledge even less than his feelings for Paige. And that would have been terrifically unhealthy for him.

The little handhold at the end was the perfect level of Waige interaction given the circumstances. But I hope for much greater things to come - soon!

~Heidi
Old 12-15-2015, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I see what you're saying, but it being the winter finale I hoped we would have gotten more moments between them and I don't even mean in a romantic sense. I didn't expect any big head way in that apartment which is totally fine with me. I'm personally liking the pace of their relationship.

Also for dating I don't expect something like that till at least third season.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Given that Walter basically had an emotional meltdown last night, I don't think it would have been appropriate to have many Waige moments beyond what we got. Paige was there for him when he finally gave in to his grief. Prior to that, she was well aware that he was heading for something, and it would not have been the time for her to push anything relationship-wise. Walter, for his part, was not in a place to do that. He was already heading for emotional overload. If he attempted to push the relationship in any way it would most likely have been only to deflect his feelings away from the ones he wants to acknowledge even less than his feelings for Paige. And that would have been terrifically unhealthy for him.

The little handhold at the end was the perfect level of Waige interaction given the circumstances. But I hope for much greater things to come - soon!
Agree. I thought it was absolutely perfect.

I am worried, though. With him deleting that message from Drew, and an episode called "Fractured" coming up...I'm kinda thinking we'll have rocky Waige this spring.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do think that will bite them and Walter in the behind. One last hurrah before they get Walter/Paige into a serious relationship. One has to wonder though, why didn't Drew just call her house or her cellphone...Him calling the Scorpion office comes off a bit plot device...
Old 12-16-2015, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

They are definitely setting up something else being a stumbling block for these two in the future with that deleted phone message from Drew. However, I'm sure they'll figure out a way to get past that.

They've been progressing so far with their relationship now that Walter finally admits that he has emotions. I don't see Drew himself being much of a factor this time.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I am worried, though. With him deleting that message from Drew, and an episode called "Fractured" coming up...I'm kinda thinking we'll have rocky Waige this spring.
I'm concerned about that, too. What mostly worries me about the deleted message is not Drew, but that Paige will be upset that Walter didn't tell her about the call.

Quote:
I see what you're saying, but it being the winter finale I hoped we would have gotten more moments between them and I don't even mean in a romantic sense. I didn't expect any big head way in that apartment which is totally fine with me. I'm personally liking the pace of their relationship.
That's a much better way of saying what I was trying to say when I said I wanted them to go on a date. I would just like them to spend some time together in a non-crisis situation. Hopefully, that will happen during the rest of the season.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do hope we get some more quality time for Walter and Paige. But with the Megan issue settled, and the Drew call, I'm concerned, too that TPTB are trying to immediately throw more drama into the picture.

You would think that a show that has so many characters - and another ship to work with - that they could let Waige have a little happy time. Of course, it's possible that they are going to do that for Quintis now, but something tells me they'll have some sort of issue as well.

~Heidi
Old 12-17-2015, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *OldHollywoodStarlet* (View Post)
I do think that will bite them and Walter in the behind. One last hurrah before they get Walter/Paige into a serious relationship. One has to wonder though, why didn't Drew just call her house or her cellphone...Him calling the Scorpion office comes off a bit plot device...
Agreed.

I am worried, but I can't very well not try to think positive when I have a tattoo that says "I'm hangin' on a hope, but I'm alright." I wonder if we'll ultimately get a conversation between Walter and Paige where he admits his issue with Drew is because of his feelings for her and he's afraid he'd lose her and then she'll say something like oh my god, why would you feel threatened by him when you know how I feel about you? And then it'll end up sweet. I have my fingers crossed.

I made this yesterday.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Agreed.

I am worried, but I can't very well not try to think positive when I have a tattoo that says "I'm hangin' on a hope, but I'm alright." I wonder if we'll ultimately get a conversation between Walter and Paige where he admits his issue with Drew is because of his feelings for her and he's afraid he'd lose her and then she'll say something like oh my god, why would you feel threatened by him when you know how I feel about you? And then it'll end up sweet. I have my fingers crossed.

I made this yesterday.
Yes, please!

Love the gifset. For a couple that is not in an avowed relationship, they sure have a lot of lovely relationship-py moments, don't they?

~Heidi
Old 12-17-2015, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Right now at least, they're certainly acting as if they're in a relationship. Of course they aren't doing all the things people in a relationship would do, such as kissing, sleeping together, etc, but they're emotionally committed.

Old 12-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They are definitely in a relationship - they just haven't acknowledged that, unless it happened off-screen.

I do wonder if we'll see that happen - if we'll see them discuss the idea that "professional colleagues" just isn't an accurate term, and they have failed miserably at trying to keep it that way.

~Heidi
Old 12-17-2015, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really excited for whenever they do next have an actual conversation about their feelings. Like, they know where they're at now, but whenever we have another catalyst, it'll be nice to hear.

Then they need to make out. And do other stuff.

EDIT http://webuiltthepyramids.tumblr.com...-211-212-youre

Last edited by WeBuiltThePyramids; 12-17-2015 at 10:19 PM
Old 12-18-2015, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Such a lovely gifset!
Old 12-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that set, Nicole. Love that Walter showed so much concern for what makes Paige happy.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread