Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2020, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I think Paige might debate with herself if she should or shouldn't - and keep quiet while she tries to figure that out. Walter will very pragmatically realize that nothing will ever happen if one of them doesn't broach the subject.
And Paige might think that, considering how they initially got together, if separation, both personal and professional, doesn't make Walter initiate something, then he must not want to, so why should she put herself out there and get embarrassed embarrassed or rejected?

Old 03-31-2020, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like we all think that Paige would overthink things - which is a bit ironic since Walter is the "brain".

~Heidi
Old 03-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It seems like we all think that Paige would overthink things - which is a bit ironic since Walter is the "brain".
Walter's really the only one that takes full initiative of the two of them. Even in season one, Paige had to wait until he was unconscious to tell him she cared about him.

Old 04-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Absolute Fan

I think Paige is scared of taking the initiative in case she gets hurt again, so she will overthink all the possible outcomes of her doing whatever she's thinking about doing based on her previous bad experiences until she talks herself out of doing it at all.

It was Paige overthinking things that led to the break up. As soon as she found out about the lecture she quickly created a whole, terrible scenario in her head where Walter and Florence had been having an affair for months and she became overwhelmed with anger, instead of just being annoyed about the fact that he'd lied about the lecture.

In fact, if Walter hadn't tried to overthink how Paige might react to finding out that he'd gone to the lecture with Florence, he might not have come to the conclusion that keeping it a secret was a good idea in the first place!
Old 04-02-2020, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige not only overthinks things, but she jumps to conclusions, basically painting Walter with the same brush as the other men in her life. It's like she was expecting him to cheat - and so in her mind, he did.

~Heidi
Old 04-02-2020, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Paige not only overthinks things, but she jumps to conclusions, basically painting Walter with the same brush as the other men in her life. It's like she was expecting him to cheat - and so in her mind, he did.

Old 04-03-2020, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing is, she's probably not at all aware that she's doing this. Which makes it very difficult to fix.

~Heidi
Old 04-03-2020, 02:05 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
The thing is, she's probably not at all aware that she's doing this. Which makes it very difficult to fix.
That's exactly it. She's been affected by the way other people have treated her in the past, but she doesn't realise how much. I don't think she realises how insecure she is - she would probably say she has the confidence to make the right decisions about her life, but the way she acts and reacts in various situations proves otherwise.
Old 04-03-2020, 03:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like what Paige needs is a friend. Someone that she is close enough to talk about this stuff with and who can tell her when she is acting irrationally.

I've always wondered if she has any friends outside of Scorpion. Before she met them, she was working multiple jobs and she had Ralph to take care of - she probably didn't have time for friends. As smart as everyone on Scorpion is, with the exception of Toby, they aren't really cut out for that sort of deep confidence.

I wonder if Toby realized this and switched from being a big Waige supporter to trying to keep them apart, not because he thought Walter wasn't up for it - but because he knew that Paige had too many insecurities to be able to deal with the sort of bumbling mistakes that Walter might make.

~Heidi
Old 04-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Is it just me or does anyone else want to know how Walter and Paige and the rest of the team would be handling this pandemic I know Sly would be going out of his mind
Old 04-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure what would bother Sly most - the pandemic itself or not being about to get Purell.

I suspect the team would be working on some way of fixing or at least easing the situation. They aren't set up to develop drugs or vaccines, but they might come up with a quicker way to manufacture masks and gloves and ventilators or something like that.

Actually, I'd like to think they'd do something more unusual, like invent a spray that you can spray all over yourself that would prevent exposure to the virus for several hours. You would spray yourself before you go out, and it wouldn't matter if you shake someone's hands or even if they sneeze on you, the virus wouldn't get into your system.

~Heidi
Old 04-04-2020, 04:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure what would bother Sly most - the pandemic itself or not being about to get Purell.

I suspect the team would be working on some way of fixing or at least easing the situation. They aren't set up to develop drugs or vaccines, but they might come up with a quicker way to manufacture masks and gloves and ventilators or something like that.

Actually, I'd like to think they'd do something more unusual, like invent a spray that you can spray all over yourself that would prevent exposure to the virus for several hours. You would spray yourself before you go out, and it wouldn't matter if you shake someone's hands or even if they sneeze on you, the virus wouldn't get into your system.
TV ratings are up right now with everybody home and some not able to go to work wish Scorpion was still on the air to watch I know we have 93 episodes to watch but I still miss not having new episodes
Old 04-05-2020, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
TV ratings are up right now with everybody home and some not able to go to work wish Scorpion was still on the air to watch I know we have 93 episodes to watch but I still miss not having new episodes
In some ways this is the worst time to have something like this happen - at least from the perspective of what's on tv. And I realize that's a trivial thing. But so many shows are winding down their seasons.

On the flip side, it gives us time to rewatch those great shows we love!

~Heidi
Old 04-06-2020, 11:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
It seems like what Paige needs is a friend. Someone that she is close enough to talk about this stuff with and who can tell her when she is acting irrationally.

I've always wondered if she has any friends outside of Scorpion. Before she met them, she was working multiple jobs and she had Ralph to take care of - she probably didn't have time for friends. As smart as everyone on Scorpion is, with the exception of Toby, they aren't really cut out for that sort of deep confidence.

I wonder if Toby realized this and switched from being a big Waige supporter to trying to keep them apart, not because he thought Walter wasn't up for it - but because he knew that Paige had too many insecurities to be able to deal with the sort of bumbling mistakes that Walter might make.
I know a lot of people criticise Toby for supposedly becoming anti-Waige, but I think you're right because his thoughts on the matter seemed to change the more he got to know Paige. He'd known Walter for a number of years already and he understood him - as best as anyone can understand Walter. The reason the original team formed in the first place was because all four geniuses understood each other, even though they are different people.

Then Paige arrived and it was obvious to everyone that Walter liked her. Toby had seen Walter dating other people before, but Paige was different to the other women so he thought she'd make an ideal girlfriend for Walter. She seemed to understand Walter and the other geniuses more than anyone else did - probably because of Ralph - and she had the patience to do her job of helping them fit into the world of normal humans. Toby thought they'd make a cute couple so he encouraged Walter to ask her out.

However, I think as time went on Toby began to realise that Paige was more complicated and carried a lot of emotional baggage and her insecurites, as you said, make her susceptible to reacting badly in certain situations, such as when Walter does something inappropriate (because he doesn't understand the emotional implications of his actions.) Despite their sometimes volatile relationship, Toby didn't want to see Walter getting hurt so he began to rethink.

Toby and Paige became good friends over time, but as much as he cared about her and wanted to see her happy (and of course he wanted to see Walter happy too), he also realised that she wasn't emotionally strong enough to cope with dating Walter. He knew she had the potential to do something that would hurt Walter so he then began to do his best to put Walter off the idea of a relationship with her. He could also see that Walter wasn't emotionally developed enough to have a relationshp with someone who needed a lot of emotional support so on paper they really weren't suited at all and it would be best for both of them if they didn't get together. In theory at least, Paige and Tim were well suited as a couple and I suppose Toby hoped that by being in a normal relationship with a normal man Paige would start to heal and Walter would just move on.

When Waige finally happened anyway Toby was happy for them both, but still kept a close eye on them and their developing relationship and he did his best to help them avoid getting into situations that had the potential to blow up - like the time he had to text Walter to point out that Paige was upset with him.

That's why I understand completely why Toby walked out when the break up happened. He'd tried for weeks to get Walter to stop lying to Paige because he knew exactly what might happen when she found out about the lecture and he was completely right. He was so angry with Walter for not taking his advice that he just walked away in the heat of the moment, otherwise they could have ended up fighting too. (I strongly believe Toby would have been the first one to try to make contact with Walter after it happened and I don't think it would have taken him very long to make that first move.)
Old 04-06-2020, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow. All that makes so much sense. I always thought Toby's exit in the finale was a little harsh. Happy's made sense - Happy is volatile and will tend to react extremely in just about any situation. So I thought perhaps Toby was just mirroring his wife. But it makes even more sense that he'd be upset to see all his work to nurture the Waige relationship exploding in his face, even if it's something he probably predicted.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread