Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I think it's an excellent pilot episode. I'm usually not a fan of pilots for the same reasons that you've stated already, but you can tell that a lot of work went into creating the characters and their backstories before filming. The characters are all there, fully formed and wonderful.

The only moment in the pilot that really annoys me is when Toby manages to wipe the vital data off the drive by putting it too close to the magnet in the speaker. He's a genius, he should have known that would happen! And even if he momentarily forgot, Happy should have known! Apart from that, it's a brilliant episode and I re-watch it regularly.
I agree. It's actually one of my favorite episodes, both because I think it was so well done and because you get that whole "look at where you are, look at where you started" feeling from every single character.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I'm the only person that didn't like the pilot episode. I almost gave up on Scorpion after watching it, but figured I'd give it one more try since I often dislike pilots. Luckily, I really enjoyed Single Point of Failure. I felt like Toby and Happy's backstories and relationship really started to come together in that one. The scene in Happy's truck where she tells Toby about her dad giving her up was the moment I became a fan of the show.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:14 AM
Absolute Fan

Is it possible to add me as a Toby/Eddie supporter, please? (I'm still new to so I'm not really sure how it all works.)

The first episodes I watched were Kill Screen and Young Hearts Spark Fire. Then I went back and started watching it properly from the pilot so I was already in love with the show and all the characters. I can understand why some people may not have been grabbed quite so quickly by watching the pilot first, though - the big finale with the aeroplane was very far fetched, even for Scorpion!
Old 09-19-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can understand why some people may not have been grabbed quite so quickly by watching the pilot first, though - the big finale with the aeroplane was very far fetched, even for Scorpion!
That's the scene I use when people complain about unrealistic cases in s2 or s3, I'm like "hey you kept watching after they plugged a laptop into a moving plane, so you knew what you were getting into!"

Old 09-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Is it possible to add me as a Toby/Eddie supporter, please? (I'm still new to so I'm not really sure how it all works.)

The first episodes I watched were Kill Screen and Young Hearts Spark Fire. Then I went back and started watching it properly from the pilot so I was already in love with the show and all the characters. I can understand why some people may not have been grabbed quite so quickly by watching the pilot first, though - the big finale with the aeroplane was very far fetched, even for Scorpion!
Added you!

Yeah, I do remember that scene being my biggest complaint with the episode. I haven't watched the pilot since it first aired, so perhaps I would enjoy it more now.

Young Hearts Spark Fire is still my favorite episode of the series! I loved all the Quintis scenes, especially the rooftop ones, and Toby's Waige board was hilarious!
Old 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Young Hearts Spark Fire is one of my top 3-4 episodes. Depending on my mood, it's #1 and it's definitely one that I rewatch a lot. I love that Toby is being his pushy best with Walter and with Happy - trying to make them both see the feelings he knows they have.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2017, 12:42 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Added you!
Thank you.

Young Hearts... really drew me in to the characters and their world and now here I am!
Old 10-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Silly question... what name does Toby have Walter saved as in his phone, I can't remember! I think it's something like "Superiority Complex", isn't it? (I can't even remember which episode the scene was in or I'd have found the answer myself! ) I want to reference it in a story I'm writing. Help, please!

Last edited by Cyclone139; 10-04-2017 at 09:52 AM
Old 10-04-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't remember either but I think it was Adaptation?

Old 10-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Silly question... what name does Toby have Walter saved as in his phone, I can't remember! I think it's something like "Superiority Complex", isn't it? (I can't even remember which episode the scene was in or I'd have found the answer myself! ) I want to reference it in a story I'm writing. Help, please!
I believe it's "ego-maniac" and I think it was in Ticker.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That sounds super familiar now that you say it.

Old 10-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That was it! Thank you!
Old 10-08-2017, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That was it! Thank you!
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

I was really hoping these episodes with Collins would finally deal with Toby's feelings about his kidnapping in a more serious way. It was disappointing to me that they hardly even mentioned it in season 3. With Collins on the loose once again and Toby's request to install a security system, I'm still hoping the writers will eventually circle back to it someday.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Absolute Fan

It would be good to see them address how he's dealing with it (or not dealing with it). Perhaps he finds himself trapped somewhere and he gets flashbacks? Or maybe Happy disappears and he freaks out, imagining the worst? At the very least a conversation about how he feels now Collins is on the loose, maybe with Paige, would be nice. If his feelings/reactions affect a case Paige should be all over that. We'll have to wait and see...and if it doesn't happen maybe I'll write it myself!
Old 10-09-2017, 04:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It would be good to see them address how he's dealing with it (or not dealing with it). Perhaps he finds himself trapped somewhere and he gets flashbacks? Or maybe Happy disappears and he freaks out, imagining the worst? At the very least a conversation about how he feels now Collins is on the loose, maybe with Paige, would be nice. If his feelings/reactions affect a case Paige should be all over that. We'll have to wait and see...and if it doesn't happen maybe I'll write it myself!
I love all of these ideas!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread