Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I don't think anything definite has been said, but I sort of assume she's gone as well. From what Toby has said, I don't think he'd leave her in NY. Of course - for all we know she's in some nice facility in California and he visits her regularly.
I was gonna say if that was the scenario they'd have shown that by now, but they didn't exactly do a great job of showing Walter and Megan's relationship actually on screen so it wouldn't surprise me.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I was being somewhat facetious. Since up until recently Toby wasn't exactly rolling in money - and what he had he owed to bookies - it's doubtful he could afford anything decent.

Actually, it could be an interesting explanation for the timing of Toby's addiction. It's hard to believe that he could have had a gambling problem and get through med school. It's likely that his mom was still alive then. If he was focused on a goal - getting through med school to help his mom - that can be a big factor in suppressing an addiction, or not allowing it to start. But if his mom died shortly after he graduated, it could have left him with a feeling of purposelessness. And that could have caused him to fall into the addiction pattern.

~Heidi
Old 06-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Actually, it could be an interesting explanation for the timing of Toby's addiction. It's hard to believe that he could have had a gambling problem and get through med school. It's likely that his mom was still alive then. If he was focused on a goal - getting through med school to help his mom - that can be a big factor in suppressing an addiction, or not allowing it to start. But if his mom died shortly after he graduated, it could have left him with a feeling of purposelessness. And that could have caused him to fall into the addiction pattern.
That does make a lot of sense.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

I like that theory, Heidi.
Old 06-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's always bothered me. We know he was introduced to gambling at a very young age, so I couldn't figure out how he managed to get through college and med school with that addiction. But if he wasn't dealing with the addiction at that time - but only afterwards - it makes more sense.

~Heidi
Old 06-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's always bothered me. We know he was introduced to gambling at a very young age, so I couldn't figure out how he managed to get through college and med school with that addiction. But if he wasn't dealing with the addiction at that time - but only afterwards - it makes more sense.
Definitely.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Something I've always wondered about.

In season 1, we find out that Toby was engaged, but his fiancee left him, in part due to his gambling.

But by season 3, he's talking about how he's been in love with Happy for as long as he can remember - that he fell in love with her ever since they met - things like that.

If Scorpion has been a team for a few years before the show started, at exactly what point did Toby forget about his fiancee and fall in love with Happy?

~Heidi
Old 07-03-2017, 07:55 PM
Loyal Fan

I've always assumed his engagement ended before or around the same time he joined Scorpion. Since Happy joined the team a few years after Toby (based on episodes 1x22 and 3x1/2), I imagine he had already moved on from Amy by then and fell for Happy as soon as they met, just as he's told her. We see him contacting Amy in season 1 because he wants to repay the money he owes her, but it seemed like that was more about remorse than any lingering romantic feelings.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I've always assumed his engagement ended before or around the same time he joined Scorpion. Since Happy joined the team a few years after Toby (based on episodes 1x22 and 3x1/2), I imagine he had already moved on from Amy by then and fell for Happy as soon as they met, just as he's told her. We see him contacting Amy in season 1 because he wants to repay the money he owes her, but it seemed like that was more about remorse than any lingering romantic feelings.
Good points - and certainly makes the timing more feasible.

~Heidi
Old 08-03-2017, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

You know you watch too much Scorpion when you hear "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" on the radio and immediately picture Toby singing along in his car in Father's Day.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll ever see Toby get a new car. I'm pretty sure Walter isn't going to let him use the "company car" forever.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would say I'm sure he already got one and we just haven't seen it, but there were enough mentions of their financial troubles last season that maybe not.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe Toby just gets a ride on Happy's motorcycle whenever he needs to go somewhere. Although doesn't Happy also have a truck?

~Heidi
Old 08-04-2017, 07:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Happy does have a truck, but I picture her being hesitant about letting Toby drive it. I suppose he could just rely on Happy to drive him everywhere, but that seems pretty inconvenient.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like I'd be more worried about Happy driving Happy's truck than Toby driving Happy's truck.

Old 08-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh, I definitely would be too, but I think Happy probably thinks she's a better driver than Toby.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread