Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Probably, but I don't think things will get too bad. Maybe get a little angsty but in the good way - by the good way I mean the "it is so glaringly obvious that they're working toward X" way.
I hope you're right. As much as I love long drawn-out romances on TV, I'm not sure I can deal with two really slow burns in one show. Not that I want Toby and Happy to jump each other's bones by Christmas - but some positive movement towards an acknowledged relationship would be nice.

~Heidi
Old 10-06-2015, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I mean I certainly wouldn't complain if bones were being jumped by Christmas.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Now that I've seen Fish Filet, I really don't think they're going with the typical love triangle storyline and I'm so relieved. I think if Happy was going out with another guy so soon, she would be doing it mainly so she could say to Toby, "look I'm seeing someone else, so back off." Instead she seemed really uncomfortable that he heard her phone call and even more so when Chet showed up at the garage.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope not. Though I don't like that they're still trying to make it seem like one to poor Toby.

Old 10-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd actually like to see Cabe say something to Happy in the next couple episodes. Point out that Toby's really upset and that she should talk to him, even if it's just to put him out of his misery. Then hopefully it will be revealed who Chet really is.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I'd actually like to see Cabe say something to Happy in the next couple episodes. Point out that Toby's really upset and that she should talk to him, even if it's just to put him out of his misery. Then hopefully it will be revealed who Chet really is.
That would be a good move. It's not like Cabe is shy about sticking his nose in.

~Heidi
Old 10-14-2015, 06:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I was thinking about the dollhouse scene and Toby's comment about "something we could do together with our clothes on." It just seemed so odd and out of nowhere. Was it just to get a reaction out of Happy or are we to assume that something actually has happened between them off-screen?

Edited to Add: After seeing Super Fun Guys, I think he was just trying to get a reaction out of her.

Last edited by FauxDetective; 10-22-2015 at 11:31 AM
Old 10-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he was just trying to prove to her this was a no pressure, no hidden agenda, honest thing they could do without her having to worry about if he was going to try and see if they could be a thing.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I get the point he was trying to make, but I still think it was sort of an odd way to say it. But then Toby does have his own unique way of expressing himself!
Old 10-23-2015, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did love one Tumblr user 's interpretation: "so how many dollhouses HAS Toby repaired in the nude?"

Old 10-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I did love one Tumblr user 's interpretation: "so how many dollhouses HAS Toby repaired in the nude?"
I wish I could say I didn't picture this as soon as I read it but....

~Heidi
Old 10-23-2015, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wish I could say I didn't picture this as soon as I read it but....
Priceless! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, guys!

I wish we could have had one cute episode of them working on it together (fully clothed, of course ) before Toby decided to break his addiction. Is that too much to ask?
Old 10-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Priceless! Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, guys!

I wish we could have had one cute episode of them working on it together (fully clothed, of course ) before Toby decided to break his addiction. Is that too much to ask?
I am getting a little tired of the arm's length dance between these two. I don't mind them being hot and cold, I sort of think that's their role here - Waige is the slow burn, Melvester is the sweetly innocent and Quintis ought to be the hot and heavy. But it seems the most we've really gotten is lukewarm.

~Heidi
Old 10-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Given her difficulty trusting, I don't think it's odd or annoying in itself that they aren't a couple yet, especially after 1.20. But that said, the writing this year seems to be giving off inconsistent vibes. It seems a tad sloppy to me.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Loyal Fan

For some reason, I really think we're going to see this relationship progress within the next few episodes. I'm guessing this episode will end with a glimmer of hope between them and in the following episode that Happy revealing her secret (I think it will be to Toby alone and not the whole team) will significantly change their relationship for the better. My hope is that whoever Chet is and whatever they've been doing, at least part of it for her has been an attempt to work on her trust issues because she wants things to work out with Toby.

I really think in the last couple of episodes that something has changed for Happy. That look she gave Toby while her dad was hugging her in Robots made me think that he was at least part of the reason she wanted to live so badly. Although she gave him a hard time at the end about the conversation he had with her father, I didn't sense any real anger from her. Then in Super Fun Guys, even though Toby made it clear that he still had romantic feelings for her, she didn't seem at all uncomfortable around him. Sure she gave him a dirty look after he handed her the lab coat and stopped him when he tried to climb down that ladder first, but I think they could be married and she'd still be calling him a pervert for doing something like that in the middle of a case. She had every reason to feel awkward and uncomfortable around him when they got back, but she didn't. She wanted to spend time with him. Even though Toby told Sylvester that for her it was just rewiring a dollhouse, I don't think that's true. For someone as private and introverted as Happy to reach out like that, as insignificant as it might be for someone else, I think is actually a huge and meaningful step.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread