Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping it's a sign of how their platonic relationship at least has gotten back to where it was over the summer.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
Old 09-23-2015, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, their friendship seems pretty solid at this point. It's going to take some time for her to agree to another date, but otherwise they seem comfortable together. They worked really well together at the Russian consulate, she trusted him to take care of her eye, and most of all she trusted him enough to admit she was scared. In fact, I'm not sure there's anyone else besides him that she would ever admit that to.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm hoping it's a sign of how their platonic relationship at least has gotten back to where it was over the summer.
I'm almost positive that this will happen. Happy just needs some time to fully trust Toby and let's be honest - she has to make him squirm a bit more.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 09-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Although he did confirm at the end that he wouldn't hurt her...but I also get why he said that earlier, because like someone else said, he can't wait around forever, nor do I want to just see him pining after her for even the rest of this season.

Visit us at the Scott Michael Foster campaign
Old 09-24-2015, 12:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I think Toby is willing to wait for her because he's so confident that she actually feels the same way and is just afraid to take the leap. If she ever flat out said she didn't have feelings for him (and was being truthful, because Toby would know if it was a lie) I think he would move on. Right now he's just really sure that someday it's going to happen. I don't think it will take the whole season for her to come around though.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Master Fan

Add me please
Old 09-26-2015, 04:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Welcome Helen, I added you!

Old 09-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Elite Fan

Rewatching today and I noticed something I thought was interesting.

In Toby's fungus speech, he talks about "a rare and wonderful fungus". But when he asks Happy what she sees, she replies "a rare and delightful fungus".

I'm pretty sure I'm reading way more into that change of adjective than it probably warrants, but I do think it's significant that she chose her own word to paraphrase with - and I think it's interesting what word she chose.

To me, "wonderful", while a very nice thing to say about someone, is somewhat impersonal. You can say just about anyone is wonderful, even if you've just met them - or even if you've never met them. Toby may be wonderful because he's very smart or because he's got a good sense of humor. Someone reading about him in the newspaper could say he is wonderful. On the other hand, "delightful" brings with it the idea that the person saying this is delighted. To me, it implies a closer connection. I don't believe that you can be So this means that Happy is delighted by Toby - he brings her delight.

~Heidi
Old 09-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Loyal Fan

I noticed this too and completely agree with your post. I love that she didn't just repeat back his exact words because I think it shows that she really meant it.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Rewatching today and I noticed something I thought was interesting.

In Toby's fungus speech, he talks about "a rare and wonderful fungus". But when he asks Happy what she sees, she replies "a rare and delightful fungus".

I'm pretty sure I'm reading way more into that change of adjective than it probably warrants, but I do think it's significant that she chose her own word to paraphrase with - and I think it's interesting what word she chose.

To me, "wonderful", while a very nice thing to say about someone, is somewhat impersonal. You can say just about anyone is wonderful, even if you've just met them - or even if you've never met them. Toby may be wonderful because he's very smart or because he's got a good sense of humor. Someone reading about him in the newspaper could say he is wonderful. On the other hand, "delightful" brings with it the idea that the person saying this is delighted. To me, it implies a closer connection. I don't believe that you can be So this means that Happy is delighted by Toby - he brings her delight.
I'm very tired but this makes sense and I like it.

Old 10-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Add me! I love them even more than Walter and Paige. I like that Toby isn't afraid to tell Happy exactly how he feels and pursue her despite her protests. Happy is so tough and smart, but I also think there's a really sweet and vulnerable side to her.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 10-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
Add me! I love them even more than Walter and Paige. I like that Toby isn't afraid to tell Happy exactly how he feels and pursue her despite her protests. Happy is so tough and smart, but I also think there's a really sweet and vulnerable side to her.
agreed!

Old 10-04-2015, 10:11 AM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping for a thaw in the Quintis iceberg this week.

~Heidi
Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm hoping for a thaw in the Quintis iceberg this week.
Me too, but I have a feeling things will get worse before they get better.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Me too, but I have a feeling things will get worse before they get better.
Probably, but I don't think things will get too bad. Maybe get a little angsty but in the good way - by the good way I mean the "it is so glaringly obvious that they're working toward X" way.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread