Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2017, 11:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes, those moments were great too! I'm really happy with the way Quintis has been written in these last couple episodes. We still get their normal bantering, but they seem even closer and more in sync since the wedding.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Elite Fan

I also loved that when Toby was asking about the pink flamingo costume, Happy knew what he was talking about - AND - that she was completely okay with it.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:24 PM
Elite Fan

Which is your favorite of Quintis honeymoon costume?
  1. Cleopatra - 03x06 Bat Poop Crazy
  2. Christmas Elf - 03x11 Wreck the Halls
  3. Rubber boot, mechanic outfit combo - 03x12 Ice CaCabes
  4. Pirate hat & the eye patch (Toby) - 03x15 Sharknerdo
  5. Pink Flamingo dress - 03x25 Scorp Family Robinson

~Heidi
Old 05-24-2017, 10:59 PM
Loyal Fan

They're all equally ridiculous.
But, if I'm picking a favorite "save it for the honeymoon" moment, I'd have to go with the one from Sharknerdo because it was fun to see Happy turn the tables on Toby.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

I like the turnabout Toby costume, too. But out of Happy's, I'd pick the rubber boots thing. It shows that Toby likes Happy is something like what she normally wears, as well as the goofy costumes.

~Heidi
Old 05-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm actually really hoping they make Waige the couple who are all about the little touches and glances and sweet moments. Quintis seem to be the over-the-top can't keep their hands off each other couple, so it makes sense to contrast that with a couple who are more modest about their public displays of affection.
Just bringing this over from the Waige thread so I can comment on the Quintis part. Personally, I don't see Happy and Toby as the over-the-top couple. Sure, the writers played up that part in the last few episodes to add some humor (same as they did for Waige), but for me, it's always been about the sweet little moments with them, because they are first and foremost best friends.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with that - that they're best friends first. What I *think* Heidi means is (and correct me if I'm wrong Heidi) is Quintis is the couple with the "save it for the honeymoon" and "I've already got precious booty" comments, and that totally fits them but would seem kinda odd and off (at least to me) if it was Waige doing it. Doesn't mean I think those comments are bad or less than anything else, just that they seem to fit both the Happy and Toby characters as well as the Quintis dynamic, whereas I wouldn't care much for those comments for any other ship on the show because it wouldn't feel as natural and fun as it does with Quintis. Just like Quintis reading comic books aloud to each other would seem kinda weird to me, whereas it was so fun and organic feeling when it was Melvester.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, that makes sense. I agree that Waige having some of those lines would feel very odd, while they seem pretty natural for Quintis. It's just not what I would consider to be the defining characteristic of their relationship.
Old 05-30-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

That pretty much nails what I meant, Nicole. To me, the Quintis dynamic includes a lot of teasing and banter and sometimes risqué comments, regardless of the audience. Toby is very public. He announces his love - and everything about it - to anyone. Happy doesn't do that - but she seems to have gotten used to Toby doing it and doesn't object as much as she used to. And even Happy can be very forthright about her feelings in certain circumstances - again, regardless of audience. I cannot imagine either of the other couples being that way.

That doesn't mean that I think that's all that the Quintis relationship is about. I think they've had some incredibly touching couples scenes. They're very supportive of each other and they have incredible communication.

~Heidi
Old 05-31-2017, 09:55 PM
Part-Time Fan

All of the above!!

BUT THAT MAKEOUT SESH IN THE JUNGLE THO I watched that far too many times than I care to admit.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I did too.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

That was seriously steamy! But I'll repeat here something I said elsewhere - Of all the improbable things in 3x25, the thing I find most improbable is that four obviously frustrated adults could not find anywhere on that entire island to get it on. Yes, it was a small island - but it wasn't *that* small!

~Heidi
Old 06-02-2017, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

True. They definitely could have found somewhere to get it on out there.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

After the scene with Walter and Paige and Sly walking through the forest, and then another aerial shot that showed that the island was really a pretty decent size - with LOTS of trees - I just couldn't understand that Toby and Happy - or Walter and Paige, for that matter - couldn't sneak off at some point and get themselves lost for an hour or so.

Of course - maybe they were worried that they really would get lost. Or eaten.

~Heidi
Old 06-03-2017, 10:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really hope next season continues what they started in this last finale. I know it was only a short moment before Ralph cockblocked them, but I honestly didn't expect that. That said, they might very well go back to their normal levels of pda (or lack of, I guess) since they finally left the island and returned to 'normalcy.' Then again, they did get married, so I don't know.

I JUST WANT TO SEE MOREEEEE
Reply   Post New Thread