Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay so I def melted all over the place at the wedding. The way Happy was looking at the setting as she got there, then her asking Cabe to walk her, and the way she and Toby were looking at each other as she walked up, then how Toby was so emotional he couldn't say his pages of vows and Happy who isn't about words just came up with the most beautiful thing, like some of the best dialogue from the show so far, and I was just bawling, and then I never thought I'd get feels over the idea of Mr. and Mrs. Perv but I love it. And how they're calling each other Mrs. Curtis and Mr. Quinn. Actual feelingsplosion.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You said it all, Nicole. I was so teary-eyed during Happy's vows. Having Cabe as her "something borrowed" was great.

~Heidi
Old 05-03-2017, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
You said it all, Nicole. I was so teary-eyed during Happy's vows. Having Cabe as her "something borrowed" was great.
I honestly started crying as soon as she arrived at the place and then kept crying for a dozen different reasons through to the end of the episode. And her vows were just a (completely welcome) slam to the heart.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think one of the things I love about this show and the characters in general is that the characters are not strict adherents to their outlined personalities. Yes - Happy is a tomboy, and she's closed off emotionally and she's only interested in engines and tools. But she also really *wants* her wedding to be perfect; she wants to look good in the dress and she wrote some of the most romantic vows in the history of wedding vows.

~Heidi
Old 05-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think one of the things I love about this show and the characters in general is that the characters are not strict adherents to their outlined personalities. Yes - Happy is a tomboy, and she's closed off emotionally and she's only interested in engines and tools. But she also really *wants* her wedding to be perfect; she wants to look good in the dress and she wrote some of the most romantic vows in the history of wedding vows.
Agreed.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I absolutely loved the wedding! Toby getting choked up and Happy delivering those amazing vows was just perfect.

Quote:
Yeah, I agree. It definitely makes the characters feel more true to life.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know it's early, but can anyone think of any thread titles for the next time we need one? We can add them to the list in the OP. Never hurts to have a few available.

~Heidi
Old 05-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I know it's early, but can anyone think of any thread titles for the next time we need one? We can add them to the list in the OP. Never hurts to have a few available.
How about "You're my home" or "Because they fit"?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
How about "You're my home" or "Because they fit"?
Those are both great.

~Heidi
Old 05-08-2017, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like both of those!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode! The "love you" exchange on the plane was very sweet and I loved seeing Happy and Toby working together to save the pilot.

Happy's crazy list of secrets was a bit over-the-top - I always wish the writers would focus more on staying true to the characters than trying to turn everything into a joke - but I can forgive that because I loved what this episode showed about Happy and their relationship. The way I see it, Toby's agitation wasn't entirely about there being things he doesn't yet know about Happy. That's certainly part of it, because he obviously prefers complete openness, but I think it's also very reflective of his low self esteem. We've seen him make several comments about how he never thought someone like Happy would want to marry someone like him. So I actually felt his reaction was more about his fear that he won't measure up to Happy's previous relationships and experiences.

I thought Happy dealt with the situation perfectly. She recognized that his reaction was rooted in insecurity, and instead of getting angry or impatient with him, she reassured him. It reminded me of how she handled things in Adaptation. This is the side of Happy that I missed in the first half of season 3!
Old 05-11-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In some ways I think Maroon 8 was an even better Quintis episode than 3.23. The 'I love you' exchange on the plane was awesome. But even better was what Happy said about marrying Toby was the best things she's done. The man needs to chill and realize that, even if she doesn't express it all the time, Happy loves him every bit as much as he loves her - and maybe more, since she's lived most of her life without love.

~Heidi
Old 05-17-2017, 08:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

Quote:

You're my home!

Loved their wedding!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 05-17-2017, 10:21 PM
Loyal Fan

The wedding was perfect!

This episode was really cute! I loved how Toby jumped in front of Happy when Cabe and Ralph caught them and their "snuggle party" by the fire.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Quintis were great in this episode, Happy standing by and watching Toby fail at his rafts was funny, but I loved that in the end, she secretly helped him out.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread