Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2017, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Poor Toby must be getting desperate if he's resorting to a 'magical pregnancy amulet'. I really hope the writers don't put them through too much turmoil. If they don't hurry up and get pregnant soon we won't see the Qunitis baby before the end of the season!

Last edited by Cyclone139; 11-15-2017 at 02:21 PM
Old 11-15-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Poor Toby must be getting desperate if he's resorting to a 'magical pregnancy amulet'. I really hope the writers don't put them through too much turmoil. If they don't hurry up and get pregnant soon we won't see the Qunitis baby before the end of the season!
I don't think he's desperate. I think it's just always on his mind and he wants this very badly.
So, although he doesn't really believe in the thing, he figures it can't hurt. He also knows psychology. Something like that amulet may have a bit of a placebo affect. By wearing it, and having even a little bit of an idea that it might help, it might relax them both. Relaxation is often helpful to conception.

~Heidi
Old 11-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I don't think he's desperate. I think it's just always on his mind and he wants this very badly.
So, although he doesn't really believe in the thing, he figures it can't hurt. He also knows psychology. Something like that amulet may have a bit of a placebo affect. By wearing it, and having even a little bit of an idea that it might help, it might relax them both. Relaxation is often helpful to conception.
Maybe he's not desperate yet, but he is, perhaps, beginning to get a little anxious/concerned/worried (to borrow some of Cabe's adjectives ). I love how they've decided not to keep it secret. It must help that they can feel free to talk openly to their friends and get advice, although maybe not everyone's advice is very helpful!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's hard to know how long they've been trying, since we have to assume there was some sort of time jump between the premiere and now - but we don't know exactly when. So it's possible they've been trying as little as a month or as much as four or five. As a doctor, Toby knows that a single month - or even two - is nothing to get worried about. But if it's been more than that, he might be a little impatient.

~Heidi
Old 11-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Absolute Fan

I was wondering about the time jump. It wasn't jarringly obvious, but I assumed it must have happened to get to Halloween at the right time.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was wondering about the time jump. It wasn't jarringly obvious, but I assumed it must have happened to get to Halloween at the right time.
That was just 2 episodes after the episode when Happy said she wanted a baby. We're just barely a month after that now. So unless the time jump happened between Nuke Kids on the Block and Queen Scary, then it's only been a month that they've been trying. Of course, within that time they would likely have confirmation that their first attempts weren't successful. That was bound to have been emotional for both of them.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
That was just 2 episodes after the episode when Happy said she wanted a baby. We're just barely a month after that now. So unless the time jump happened between Nuke Kids on the Block and Queen Scary, then it's only been a month that they've been trying. Of course, within that time they would likely have confirmation that their first attempts weren't successful. That was bound to have been emotional for both of them.
It's probably especially emotional for them because they've already gone through one disappointment and they know how it feels to believe they were having a baby.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's probably especially emotional for them because they've already gone through one disappointment and they know how it feels to believe they were having a baby.
Good point. I hadn't really thought much about how that previous disappointment could augment the emotions now that they are actually trying.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2017, 04:28 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
If the writers are staying true to reality, Happy and Toby have been trying at least a few months, because Sly took the bar exam in 4.05, which is only offered twice a year (February and July) and 4.06 was the Halloween episode. This show has always had timeline issues though, so who knows if that’s what they intended.

Quote:
This is a great point. There would definitely be an added layer of stress and emotions for them. I’d love to see a scene where they talk about this.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We should just tell the characters that in order to have a birth happen during sweeps they can only possibly get pregnant at certain points so not to sweat it.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
We should just tell the characters that in order to have a birth happen during sweeps they can only possibly get pregnant at certain points so not to sweat it.
That's likely to be really depressing. I mean, they've pretty much missed February sweeps and May, too unless the kid is really early. Which means nothing they do between now and January is going to mean a thing, because that kid is destined to be born in September!

~Heidi
Old 11-20-2017, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah but it might make Quintis feel better.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:26 PM
Absolute Fan

This lovely photo of Eddie and Jadyn popped up on my Twitter feed today.

I don't know if it's new, but I've never seen it before. It looks like it might be from a festive promo photo shoot, but I haven't found any of the rest of the cast yet.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's not new - but it's still cute. I think they did that photo shoot either last season or during S2.

~Heidi
Old 12-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

“Nice moves, babe.”
“Thank you, darling.”

Married Quintis is the best.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread