Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 02:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Nicole suggested I move this discussion to this thread. It started in the fan fiction thread because I was considering writing a fic focusing on Happy's thoughts post 'Grow a Deer...'

So, I do fully believe that Happy wants to have a family with Toby, but I was wondering if she would rather wait a little while instead of having a baby immediately. When she thought she was pregnant, the situation was out of her control and the outcome was devastating for her, so I don't know if she would actively choose to put herself back in that position. She's faced so many setback and difficulties in her life and nothing ever seems to go smoothly for her, so I think she might be a little scared of launching into another big life change with all the potential to go wrong that having a baby brings. I can see her going over and over all the possibilities in her mind and creating anxiety which she doesn't know how to deal with. She is desperate to be a mother and to have the family life she's always craved herself, but sometimes when you want something so badly there is the fear that the reality might not live up to the dream, so you procrastinate and almost talk yourself out of doing it (or is that just me? ) At least she's married to Toby who will understand, even if he wants to get on with the baby making as soon as possible!
Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see your point about Happy being nervous or even scared about moving forward on the baby thing, but at the same time, I see Happy as being very much a person who faces her fears and forges through them, rather than dwelling on them. I think that may have been the point of her mentioning that she doesn't like blood in the last episode. Yes, she still has that aversion, but she can get past it.

I also think she may view this as a sort of "getting back on the horse" thing. If she allows herself to dwell on all the bad things that can happen, she'll never try it, so she needs to put her fears aside.

~Heidi
Old 10-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I think that may have been the point of her mentioning that she doesn't like blood in the last episode. Yes, she still has that aversion, but she can get past it.
I hadn't made that connection, but now you've mentioned it it makes perfect sense. They did make a point of it and of Toby being proud of her for facing her fear. I do hope this is the case, because I think I want to see a Quintis baby!
Old 10-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Absolute Fan

Just wanted to add how much I adore Toby calling Happy 'Darling' this season.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

I wonder if they will actually have a baby by the end of the season or not.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheisagenius (View Post)
I wonder if they will actually have a baby by the end of the season or not.
Unless Happy is already pregnant or they do a time jump, any baby born before the end of the season would be premature. So I'm guessing a Christmas or February announcement and an S5 premiere birth - assuming there is an S5. I really hope they don't do an infertility struggle thing. Happy's had enough unhappiness in her life - especially with regard to kids, both being one and having one.

~Heidi
Old 10-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They are going to have to do a time jump at some point I feel. We know the date of the wedding - we know they were on the island three weeks. We know 4.01 picked up the next day. We know that 4.03 picked up the next day. They only did a few weeks of a time jump between 3 and 4. But then again the timeline last year was messed up and they never fixed it so who knows.

Old 10-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Because I binge watched seasons 1 and 2 and most of season 3 to catch up, it seemed like Ralph aged by another year every few months! I hadn't really considered how the timeframe advanced in real time, but it has been odd that this season has only covered a few days so far. It would be nice to see a Quintis baby sooner rather than later, though, so I hope Happy falls pregnant soon and then they can skip a few weeks here and there.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

They’ll have to do a big time jump anyway if we’re getting a Halloween episode next week, because Sci Hard had to take place in July, since that’s when the bar exam is held. So I definitely think it’s possible that a Quintis baby could be born this season.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
They’ll have to do a big time jump anyway if we’re getting a Halloween episode next week, because Sci Hard had to take place in July, since that’s when the bar exam is held. So I definitely think it’s possible that a Quintis baby could be born this season.
That is super possible! But they did completely ignore the timeline of everything last season too, so who knows at this point. But yeah, definitely could be born this year.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:03 PM
Absolute Fan

So...Quintis baby names? I know I'm jumping the gun here, but it's fun!

Maybe Happy would like Patrick, at least as a middle name, or her mother's name for a girl (I had to Google her name - Grace - because I couldn't remember it.) I wonder if Toby has a family name he'd like to use? Perhaps he had a favourite grandparent he'd like to honour in that way?

I noticed that the policeman called Happy "Mrs Quinn" in 4.05 so she hasn't taken Toby's surname (I didn't expect her to), but will the baby be a Quinn-Curtis, or a Curtis-Quinn? Maybe they should all adopt a new family name... Quintis!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:50 PM
Loyal Fan

I’ve always pictured them having a girl and I love the idea of them choosing the name Grace.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toby became a doctor to try and help his mom, so obviously he loves her a lot. It would be great if they name a girl after both their moms.

I can't really see either of them wanting to name a son after their fathers. I know Happy has gotten closer to hers, but I don't think it quite extends to naming her child that. I would not be in the least surprised if Toby wants a junior.

~Heidi
Old 10-29-2017, 08:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Toby became a doctor to try and help his mom, so obviously he loves her a lot. It would be great if they name a girl after both their moms.
I’m all for that, especially if it means we’ll finally get to learn more about Toby’s mom.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd love a scene where they take the new baby to meet Grandma Curtis. Or even just a Skype visit.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread