Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope we get to see a lot more smiling from Happy. She deserves happiness, and I hope they don't throw too many curve balls at this couple. Give them time to enjoy being married.

~Heidi
Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I giffed the little moment between them at the end of tonight's ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I hope we get to see a lot more smiling from Happy. She deserves happiness, and I hope they don't throw too many curve balls at this couple. Give them time to enjoy being married.
Agree! Yeah "all marriages have issues" blah blah blah let them be for now.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I giffed the little moment between them at the end of tonight's ep.
Thank you! I can't stop watching it. It was just wonderful. The way he looks at her!
Old 10-10-2017, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was seriously one of the sweetest moments I've ever seen with these two. In some ways even better than the second proposal and the wedding vows, just because it's comfortable and comforting.

~Heidi
Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
That was seriously one of the sweetest moments I've ever seen with these two. In some ways even better than the second proposal and the wedding vows, just because it's comfortable and comforting.
"Comfortable and comforting" - yes! They've certainly come a long way and I can't wait for more developments this season.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really want to see how Toby is able to bring out Happy's emotions. I suspect she keeps them hidden because they were a liability to her in the environment she grew up in. Feelings were a weapon that others could use against you. Toby is just the person to give her an environment where it's safe to let them out.

~Heidi
Old 10-13-2017, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really want to see how Toby is able to bring out Happy's emotions. I suspect she keeps them hidden because they were a liability to her in the environment she grew up in. Feelings were a weapon that others could use against you. Toby is just the person to give her an environment where it's safe to let them out.
Agree. We're already seeing a change in her - the more frequent smiling - but I want to see deeper, more obvious stuff too.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of the first signs that Walter was learning a bit was when he started making jokes - and Paige encouraged that. I'd love to see something similar, especially since humor is such an important aspect of Toby's character. It would be fun to see him encourage her.

~Heidi
Old 10-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can imagine him starting to laugh hysterically at any joke she tells because he's so unused to her making them that the fact that it's Happy making the joke makes it funnier.

Old 10-14-2017, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can imagine him starting to laugh hysterically at any joke she tells because he's so unused to her making them that the fact that it's Happy making the joke makes it funnier.
Yes! Then she'd be convinced she was actually really good at it and would torture him with bad jokes - which would be something of a taste of his own medicine.

~Heidi
Old 10-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Or she would pretend to be annoyed at how he's reacting but internally she'd be pleased.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can see them trading quips and puns in the garage and everyone else wondering what's going on.

~Heidi
Old 10-15-2017, 12:03 PM
Absolute Fan

The last time we saw Happy try her hand at comedy it didn't go too well, but hopefully Toby would be a better teacher.

As for bringing out her emotions, one of the most touching scenes of course is when she is dismantling the cot (crib) and Toby tells her "It's OK to be upset," because he has to say it twice, like the first time she wouldn't (or couldn't?) be upset. She needed to hear him say it twice before she allowed herself to submit to her emotions. Even then it wasn't an outpouring, but it was a breakthrough. I really want to see her working on learning to release her emotions more, with Toby's help.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
The last time we saw Happy try her hand at comedy it didn't go too well, but hopefully Toby would be a better teacher.
I mean, if you're referring to her standup, I'm with Sly, I thought that was hilarious.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I mean, if you're referring to her standup, I'm with Sly, I thought that was hilarious.
Well, her deadpan style of delivery certainly suited her character. So I guess it was funny to geniuses and Scorpion fans, but it didn't go down well with the general public. Mind you, if she's going to start quipping with Toby then we don't want her to change her source material - genius jokes are the best!