11. Ethereal
12. OutFromUnder
13. Karma Police

** Future Titles **

ღღ Because "You're my home"
ღღ Because they fit
** Previous Threads **
Toby ღ Happy (Quintis): "You're confident." "In this I am." {01-Sep-2015}
Toby ღ Happy (Quintis) #2: "I've loved you since I can't remember when and I'm gonna love you 'til I can't forget how." {04-MAY-2016}

Last edited by FoxPhile; 05-07-2017 at 01:43 PM
Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Nicole! I forgot to mention it before, but I checked out the link for the "Quintis Wedding Countdown" and that sounds like a lot of fun. I'm at work all day, but I'll try to contribute something for Day 1 when I get home tonight!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For my day one, I picked Love Boat. Talismans and Young Hearts Spark Fire were runner ups, but I went with Love Boat because when I think of Talismans I think of Melvester before anything else (it's my favorite Melvester ep), and when I think of Young Hearts Spark Fire, I think of Waige before anything else. And yeah there was some Waige and Melvester stuff in Love Boat, but when I think of that ep, I immediately think of the Quintis stuff. The first shot that comes to mind was them holding hands, and then the bit about her telling him he was the best friend she's ever had and indicating to him that if he could just be patient with her the patience would pay off in the end, and it just gives me so many feels (especially with where they are now), so that's why I had Love Boat as my choice for day one.

Old 04-24-2017, 06:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Nicole, you and I had the same top three episodes, but I went with Young Hearts Spark Fire. It's actually my all time favorite episode in general too. I really like how it starts and ends with the rooftop scenes. I especially love the moment when Happy throws the paper airplane and doesn't even watch to see if she won the bet - she just looks at Toby and smiles.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Them not looking to see where the airplane went is legit one of my favorite Quintis moments.

Old 04-24-2017, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

For my favorite season 2 episode, I'm going with Adaptation. I loved Toby talking Happy through the field surgery and how he was able to make her feel calm and confident. I also liked that when Happy was mad about the tracking software, they talked about it right away, really listening to each other's concerns, and were able to work through the issue. Overall, I think the episode really highlighted how well they work together both professionally and within their relationship.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was my pick, too. Second probably 2.18 largely for the end scene.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For Season 1, I have to pick Talismans. I love the talk they have, and especially Toby admitting his feelings in a way that isn't joking - just sincere and from his heart.

For Season 2, it's hard to choose between White Out and Adaptation. Although I suppose that Adaptation wins if only because Happy was conscious and contributing to the Quintis sweetness in that one. I love how proud Toby is of her.

~Heidi
Old 04-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Loyal Fan

I kinda had trouble coming up with a season 3 favorite. There were some great Quintis scenes sprinkled throughout the season, but no obvious episode for me like the first two seasons. I guess I'm going to go with Faux Money, Maux Problems for the scene where they realized that they're both broke and decided they didn't care where they had the wedding. They both just looked so happy and excited about getting married.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My favorite S3 episode for Quintis is We're Gonna Need a Bigger Vote. It's sad, of course, but I love how Toby comforts Happy - even when she insists she doesn't need it. His proposal and her answer are the perfect contrast to his original extravaganza proposal. For me, that was the moment when the Quintis ship truly got back on course.

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have been making gifsets for Tumblr for each day, but I wasn't able to make them for today, so I wrote up a post about my favorite ep and why so I'm just copy pasting here.

I wasn’t able to make gifs for today, but my favorite episode this year for Quintis has so far been Dirty Seeds Done Dirt Cheap. Toby and Happy express their love in different ways, and Toby does so in a way that’s more stereotypical, with flowery language and metaphors. There’s nothing wrong with that, but Toby expresses love in a way that makes it easy for people to see and believe how much he loves her. By comparison, it’s harder for casual viewers to see how much Happy loves Toby, because she doesn’t express herself in the popular ways that are easy to recognize and she’s dating someone who does, so to people who don’t understand the couple, it could come off as the feelings being one sided. But in this episode, no one, not even the most casual viewer, could think that. In this one, we could see how terrified she was of losing him. We could see how important he is to her and how much she wants to spend the rest of her life with him and how scared she is that one day he’ll reject her too. Then we had Toby promising her that that’ll never happen, that he’s been loving her forever already. What he said was similar to his proposal language in season two. Her line “I’m perfect for you” really hit me hard because it’s so selfless - he’s perfect for her too, but what hurt her the most in her hallucination was the idea that she knows she’s good for him, that she takes care of him and loves him and wants to be everything for him and maybe that wouldn’t even be enough. But she doesn’t have to be scared because Toby isn’t going anywhere, ever, not unless she comes with him. It was just a beautiful reaffirmation of why these two belong together.

Old 04-28-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Alright so we haven't been discussing here, but my favorite kiss was in Dam Breakthrough and my favorite hug was in We're Gonna Need A Bigger Vote.

Saturday's category is Tropes and here are the gifs I made.

Old 04-29-2017, 06:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Alright so we haven't been discussing here, but my favorite kiss was in Dam Breakthrough and my favorite hug was in We're Gonna Need A Bigger Vote.
Those were my picks as well. I really like your gifs too, Nicole.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dam Breakthrough was an awesome kiss, and it's probably my favorite, too. But I also really love the piano kiss. I love that it left Toby pretty much breathless and nearly speechless.

~Heidi
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't seen Djibouti Call and I probably won't ever watch it, but I've definitely seen enough gifs of that kiss to love it.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread