Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2016, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He could just show up at the start and end of episodes like Ralph does now.

Old 05-31-2016, 07:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I hope they don't do that, at least not for more than an episode or two, because I wouldn't want Cabe to be sidelined.

My problem with the whole green card marriage theory is that I can't see why Happy would keep that from Toby. It seems like it would have to be something painful or embarrassing for her to have so much trouble talking to him about it.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I hope they don't do that, at least not for more than an episode or two, because I wouldn't want Cabe to be sidelined.

My problem with the whole green card marriage theory is that I can't see why Happy would keep that from Toby. It seems like it would have to be something painful or embarrassing for her to have so much trouble talking to him about it.
Wait - why would her helping someone get a green card be embarassing? Just because it was illegal?

Old 05-31-2016, 09:41 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Wait - why would her helping someone get a green card be embarassing? Just because it was illegal?
It wouldn't be. That's my point - if she had married someone to help them get a green card, I think she would have just told Toby about it.

I think it makes more sense that she got married pre-Scorpion and the situation was so upsetting that she doesn't like to talk about it. That's the only reason I can see that she would keep it from him.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree
Old 06-02-2016, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So random ish, but can someone explain his word choice on that proposal? I'm not good with romantic-y things. To me, him saying he will love her until he can't forget how is saying right now he CAN forget how to love her and that's not something you say in a proposal to me...plus saying he will love her UNTIL he can't forget how makes it seem like that's when he will stop, but not being able to then forget how seems contradictory to that so I'm confused.

Now I know I'm just not understanding it right, keep in mind I'm a TOTAL Walter when it comes to this stuff. But can someone explain it to me please?

Old 06-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't understand it either. The first part makes perfect sense to me - "I've loved you since I can't remember when" He's saying he doesn't remember a time when he didn't love her. Which is a bit of obvious hyperbole, since he couldn't have loved her before he met her, but I can forgive him that. He's saying he feels like he's loved her forever - for his entire life.

The second part, though, does seem like the exact opposite of something you would want to say during a proposal - "I'm gonna love you 'til I can't forget how". I watched it several times right after it aired, thinking I must have heard it wrong - but that is exactly what he said.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is that, there's this idea that real love grows with time. The longer you are in love with someone, the stronger the love grows, until it becomes impossible to ever lose that love. Love in it's early stages can be very intense, but it is also (somewhat) easy to get over. If you break up with someone within the first few months or years - even if the love was intense - you do get over it, go past it and typically eventually find someone else to love. You may not ever forget the first person, you may have fond memories of them, but you don't really love them anymore. But when you love someone for a long time - years - there comes a point when you will never not love them, even if you split up or they die or something like that - the love is still there - it becomes a part of who you are. I think that's maybe what he means - that he's going to love her until it becomes such a part of who he is that his love for her will not die or be forgotten - in other words, for the rest of his life.

~Heidi
Old 06-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I think that's maybe what he means - that he's going to love her until it becomes such a part of who he is that his love for her will not die or be forgotten - in other words, for the rest of his life.
That's exactly how I understood it.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I don't understand it either. The first part makes perfect sense to me - "I've loved you since I can't remember when" He's saying he doesn't remember a time when he didn't love her. Which is a bit of obvious hyperbole, since he couldn't have loved her before he met her, but I can forgive him that. He's saying he feels like he's loved her forever - for his entire life.

The second part, though, does seem like the exact opposite of something you would want to say during a proposal - "I'm gonna love you 'til I can't forget how". I watched it several times right after it aired, thinking I must have heard it wrong - but that is exactly what he said.

The only thing I can think of that makes any sense is that, there's this idea that real love grows with time. The longer you are in love with someone, the stronger the love grows, until it becomes impossible to ever lose that love. Love in it's early stages can be very intense, but it is also (somewhat) easy to get over. If you break up with someone within the first few months or years - even if the love was intense - you do get over it, go past it and typically eventually find someone else to love. You may not ever forget the first person, you may have fond memories of them, but you don't really love them anymore. But when you love someone for a long time - years - there comes a point when you will never not love them, even if you split up or they die or something like that - the love is still there - it becomes a part of who you are. I think that's maybe what he means - that he's going to love her until it becomes such a part of who he is that his love for her will not die or be forgotten - in other words, for the rest of his life.
Alright...it still seems kinda odd to me. I mean I completely get the concept of what you're saying, I've talked about it explicitly in fic before, but it still seems like odd phrasing for a proposal to me. :/ Probably just how my brain works, the meaning behind it doesn't flow easily so it's hard for me to grasp.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think what it comes down to is the writers thought it would really be cool to have "remember" and "forget" as bookends in the proposal, and they were so focused on that they didn't really think about the real meaning of what they were having Toby say.

~Heidi
Old 06-24-2016, 07:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

{x}

I have no idea why that one gif is bigger, it isn't on tumblr
Old 06-24-2016, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, it's beautiful.

Part of what Tumblr does is adjust the size of pics or gifs in a set so they are all uniform - or fit into a standard layout. That's why it looks like it's the same size on Tumblr, but not here.

~Heidi
Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Considering that song is basically my theme song for my #1 ship, it's embarassing how long it took me to realize what lyrics were used on that.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Considering that song is basically my theme song for my #1 ship, it's embarassing how long it took me to realize what lyrics were used on that.
What ship? And what's the song?
Old 06-24-2016, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oooh! Oooh! I know this one! "You're Still the One" - Shania Twain.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread