Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd really love to see Toby and Happy on a date or just hanging out. I bet they have so much fun together.

~Heidi
Old 05-27-2016, 09:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'd really love to see Toby and Happy on a date or just hanging out. I bet they have so much fun together.
I'd definitely like to see more of that. We know Happy's not a big fan of public displays of affection (at least around the team), so I'd love to see what she's like when she and Toby are alone together, outside of the garage.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yes, I'd love to see that!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I am caught up. OMG, I don't know what to say. Who is the mystery husband? Mark knew...does that mean Walter and the rest of Scorpion know too? How did no one think to say anything earlier? I am just blabbing right now. Literally just finished the last episode. How long do we have to wait for season 3 again?
Old 05-28-2016, 04:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

How long? Note the timer in my sig And that's the optimistic one - it guestimates a Sept 19th premiere date. Could be another week after that.

I don't think any of the other team knew about Happy's marriage. Walter was grinning like a fool during the proposal and he wouldn't be doing that if he knew there was such a big block to Toby's happiness.

I'm also not 100% sure that Mark knew, either. He was playing serious mind games with Toby - and mind games are his thing, he's a real expert at them. He never came out and said why Happy couldn't marry Toby - he just said she can't. On the other hand, marriages are a matter of public record. Mark has had lots of time with his bootleg Internet access to search out all sorts of info about the Scorpion team. It wouldn't be surprising if he knows a lot of things about each of them.

~Heidi
Old 05-28-2016, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Walter knew. I think he'd have brought that up (privately) to Happy in or around 2.17 when he was trying to shut down Quintis. I do think Mark knew, but I don't think her marriage pre-dates Scorpion.

Okay. I mean, it probably does in the sense that that's how the writers will probably present it. But Cabe did background checks on all of them prior to the pilot. He'd have known if Happy was married then.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah, I honestly don't know how the writers are going to explain this. The only thing that makes sense to me, in terms of Happy's character, is that she married at a very young age, before joining Scorpion. But I totally agree that if that was the case, it should have been picked up in a background check, so...
Old 05-28-2016, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's possible that Cabe does know - but felt that because he got the information through a background check, that he couldn't say anything - not even to Happy. That could be one reason why, earlier in the season, he was trying to help Toby get over Happy. It could also explain why he left after the proposal - he was feeling guilty that he didn't say anything. When the proposal starts, Cabe isn't there - he seems to come into the room after Toby starts singing, so it's possible that even at that point he didn't know what was going on.

~Heidi
Old 05-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I'd be surprised if Cabe knew. Your scenario is certainly possible, but personally, I never felt like Cabe was trying to steer Toby away from Happy, just keeping him from wallowing in self-pity when it looked like she was seeing someone else. In fact, at the end of White Out, I'd say he was actually giving Toby a nudge towards Happy when he said, "that's love, kiddo."
Old 05-30-2016, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I'd be surprised if Cabe knew. Your scenario is certainly possible, but personally, I never felt like Cabe was trying to steer Toby away from Happy, just keeping him from wallowing in self-pity when it looked like she was seeing someone else. In fact, at the end of White Out, I'd say he was actually giving Toby a nudge towards Happy when he said, "that's love, kiddo."
Yeah, I agree. If it was before the pilot I think it's rather unrealistic that Cabe wouldn't know, but I also doubt that he does. So...when this happened is confusing me.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing that bothers me about the idea that Happy's marriage happened within the last couple of years is that it seems it would almost have to be some sort of arrangement - like an immigration thing. If Happy participated in a fake marriage to help some guy get a green card, that would put her in hot water with Immigration - which is part of Homeland. It would almost certainly derail her position with Scorpion - or derail Scorpion's position with Homeland, assuming that Walter would refuse to fire her at Homeland's request. Of course, that question could be moot if she got arrested.

Of course, that could all be used as a plot point to get Scorpion away from Homeland temporarily and have a season where they try to make it on their own, without any government business. Alternatively, it could show just how much Homeland values Scorpion if they make some sort of deal that keeps Happy out of trouble and keeps Scorpion working with them.

~Heidi
Old 05-30-2016, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

My guess is that the marriage will be pre-Scorpion and the writers will forget all about the Homeland background check.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope not though, that would bum me out
Old 05-30-2016, 03:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
The thing that bothers me about the idea that Happy's marriage happened within the last couple of years is that it seems it would almost have to be some sort of arrangement - like an immigration thing. If Happy participated in a fake marriage to help some guy get a green card, that would put her in hot water with Immigration - which is part of Homeland. It would almost certainly derail her position with Scorpion - or derail Scorpion's position with Homeland, assuming that Walter would refuse to fire her at Homeland's request. Of course, that question could be moot if she got arrested.

Of course, that could all be used as a plot point to get Scorpion away from Homeland temporarily and have a season where they try to make it on their own, without any government business. Alternatively, it could show just how much Homeland values Scorpion if they make some sort of deal that keeps Happy out of trouble and keeps Scorpion working with them.
I never liked the green card theory just because it seems too easy and cliche, but THIS idea makes it seem so intriguing to me - getting them away from Homeland and having to Shorthanded all. the. time? For a while? I WANT THIS OK. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE MARRIAGE RELATED JUST HAVE IT HAPPEN.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to see them go independent for a while, although I don't think I'd want it to be permanent, because then what would Cabe's role be?

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread