Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2015, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I did that all throughout college. Said I had "meetings". They never scheduled me.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Katharine McPhee talks about Scorpion Season 2:

WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a great interview - thanks!

I really like what she said about the silliness and humor. One of the things I love about the show is that they do have a humorous side that plays an important part in the show. It's a big part of what makes the characters lovable. I mean, what would Toby be like if he didn't play luge bowling in the garage? So I'm really glad to hear that is coming back. I also like the insights she has into her own character and how really special her relationship with both Ralph and Walter are.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
That was a great interview - thanks!

I really like what she said about the silliness and humor. One of the things I love about the show is that they do have a humorous side that plays an important part in the show. It's a big part of what makes the characters lovable. I mean, what would Toby be like if he didn't play luge bowling in the garage? So I'm really glad to hear that is coming back. I also like the insights she has into her own character and how really special her relationship with both Ralph and Walter are.
I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet - what did she say about Ralph and Walter?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet - what did she say about Ralph and Walter?
Ralph just that she's a single mother but it's a very different single mother relationship. About Walter she says you don't see that sort of "forbidden" relationship on tv, but it's what makes it sort of unique.

I'm actually curious as to what she means about "forbidden". Certainly it is a unique relationship, and although the "will they/won't they" is quite common, it's much more unusual to have one of the characters - especially the male - be so reticent for the reasons that Walter is. I suppose that in itself could be part of what makes it "forbidden" in that he continues to essentially reject the idea outwardly - although of course all Waige shippers believe he's just not prepared to deal with it - yet.

~Heidi
Old 09-17-2015, 10:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ralph just that she's a single mother but it's a very different single mother relationship. About Walter she says you don't see that sort of "forbidden" relationship on tv, but it's what makes it sort of unique.

I'm actually curious as to what she means about "forbidden". Certainly it is a unique relationship, and although the "will they/won't they" is quite common, it's much more unusual to have one of the characters - especially the male - be so reticent for the reasons that Walter is. I suppose that in itself could be part of what makes it "forbidden" in that he continues to essentially reject the idea outwardly - although of course all Waige shippers believe he's just not prepared to deal with it - yet.
I don't mind a "will they won't they" approach as long as the writers don't push them together just to have them break up later and then bring them back together ten painful seasons later, lol. I would love, from the viewer's perspective, to anticipate something BIG between them happen only to have it prolonged even more. Like little teases here and there or something.

Then again, I thought I'd be waiting at least two full seasons before Walter and Paige kissed, but definitely was wrong there.

I think Kat, by saying "forbidden" means that Walter and Paige have to think about Ralph first. If Walter and Paige start a relationship and it ends badly later, it would affect Ralph's relationship with Walter so that's why I think she said "forbidden."

PREMIERE DATE IS ALMOST HERE GUYS!!!
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For once, I'd really love to see a show with a pairing that doesn't fall back on the old tropes of jealousy or break-ups to create drama. Especially when it's contrived or forced. And in this case, I'm concerned that it really would be.

It makes no sense for Paige to start seeing someone else if one of her reasons for avoiding relationships with anyone - Walter included - is that Ralph is her priority. Similarly, it makes no sense for Walter to get involved with someone else if he won't admit his feelings for Paige because he doesn't believe in them.

Of course, Walter was dating someone in the pilot. My theory there is that he started seeing that woman as a way to get empiric evidence that love doesn't really exist. Once he satisfied his scientific curiosity, he terminated the relationship - which is the scene we saw in the diner.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2015, 04:05 PM
Loyal Fan

My season 2 wish list:

1. I'm hoping Walter and Paige's relationship doesn't move too quickly. I enjoy these two but I always pictured their relationship developing slowly over several seasons. I was really surprised to see that kiss in the promo, but I'll reserve judgment until I see the episode.

2. More Quintis. These two are my favorites and I really hope to see this relationship develop more this season. I'm hoping their friendship is in a good place at the start of the season and we see Toby start to earn back Happy's trust. With all the Waige talk in the season 2 press, I just hope this ship isn't completely sidelined.

3. More friendship/family moments. As much as I love all the ships on this show, I also would love for them to explore the other relationships. I love Toby/Walter, especially when Toby gives him (unsolicited) advice. I love Sylvester and Happy's brother/sister relationship. I think it could be really fun to see Walter and Happy discuss their potential romantic relationships with each other since they are similar in being more guarded with their emotions. These characters are all great and the actors all have terrific chemistry together!

4. Backstory. I'd love to learn more about these character's pasts. I especially want to hear more about Toby and Sylvester's childhoods and more about how they all met Walter and came to join Scorpion.
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you read this article? There's going to be a lot of Quintis working together I think. And there was another one that seems to imply that fairly early on in the season we'll see Happy confronting her feelings for Toby and I am shaking in anticipation! I don't think Waige is going to take control - the premiere is just going to be more about them than other couples and since premieres are what start the season there's extra press about that content.

Quote:
It makes no sense for Paige to start seeing someone else if one of her reasons for avoiding relationships with anyone - Walter included - is that Ralph is her priority. Similarly, it makes no sense for Walter to get involved with someone else if he won't admit his feelings for Paige because he doesn't believe in them.

Of course, Walter was dating someone in the pilot. My theory there is that he started seeing that woman as a way to get empiric evidence that love doesn't really exist. Once he satisfied his scientific curiosity, he terminated the relationship - which is the scene we saw in the diner.
The part you bolded - I hadn't thought of it from that angle, but yeah, that's really right.

I really want to know more about Walter and Janice! Like, did he start seeing her to prove love doesn't exist, or was it their relationship that further cemented his belief in that? I mean along the lines of "okay, well she's conventionally attractive, she's nice and intelligent, so maybe I will try dating her and see...nope, I didn't have feelings for her and logic dictates that I would so love definitely isn't a thing!"

Old 09-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Have you read this article? There's going to be a lot of Quintis working together I think. And there was another one that seems to imply that fairly early on in the season we'll see Happy confronting her feelings for Toby and I am shaking in anticipation! I don't think Waige is going to take control - the premiere is just going to be more about them than other couples and since premieres are what start the season there's extra press about that content.
Thanks! I hadn't seen that article!
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think we have to worry about Quintis at all! I mean, yeah, I doubt we'll get a lot of "to the extent we know we're getting Waige in the promo" of them in the first couple episodes, but I think around episode three or four from stuff I've seen, we'll get more into the depth of the Quintis relationship.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't think we have to worry about Quintis at all! I mean, yeah, I doubt we'll get a lot of "to the extent we know we're getting Waige in the promo" of them in the first couple episodes, but I think around episode three or four from stuff I've seen, we'll get more into the depth of the Quintis relationship.
I hope so! One of the things that I really like about Scorpion is that it's a true ensemble show. Quintis may be my favorite, but I really love all the characters and relationships and would like to see them all get equal attention. Can't wait to see what the new season brings!
Old 09-28-2015, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

well, I think it goes without saying that I love season two so far.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone else plan on re-watching 2.01 today before 2.02 airs?

~Heidi
Old 09-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyone else plan on re-watching 2.01 today before 2.02 airs?
Well I've been at work since 8 and won't get home until 7 and gotta get dinner and take care of my horse so probably no time.

Reply   Post New Thread