Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ha, I'm a natural pessimist so this last episode was more of a pleasant surprise than anything else.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. It's not like I'm really expecting sudden consistency in the quality of the episodes from here on out. But I can't help hoping. So I deal with a lot of disappointment.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone on Tumblr said today that they can't decide if they dislike Tim or Drew more. I shared my thoughts here. The long and short of it is I think Drew is by far a worse person but it bothers me more how Tim is presented.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Someone on Tumblr said today that they can't decide if they dislike Tim or Drew more. I shared my thoughts here. The long and short of it is I think Drew is by far a worse person but it bothers me more how Tim is presented.
I read that a little bit ago. I agree that Tim is possibly the more reliable - but only just barely. It's a bit of an unknown quantity, though because Tim has so little backstory and what he does have doesn't include anyone he could have deserted. So for all we know, he's just as bad or worse - with the anger/violence and manipulation issues added in.

I think I'd just as soon pass on both of them.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I read that a little bit ago. I agree that Tim is possibly the more reliable - but only just barely. It's a bit of an unknown quantity, though because Tim has so little backstory and what he does have doesn't include anyone he could have deserted. So for all we know, he's just as bad or worse - with the anger/violence and manipulation issues added in.

I think I'd just as soon pass on both of them.
That's true.

Honestly, Tim gives off a ton of red flags to me. But whenever I address them, people try to divert to "bitter shipper" or "Walter has flaws too." 1. Do not dismiss actual abusive behavior as me being a bitter shipper abuse is not just hitting and screaming and that attitude toward other forms of it is why a lot of women stay in those relationships and 2. we are not talking about Walter right now (and even if we were the show makes sure he's called out when he acts like an ass but Tim is The Golden Child all the time so my point still stands).

Old 01-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was more than prepared to give Tim a chance, and I actually liked him at first - despite the fact that we knew he was being brought in as an interloper. But when he not only admitted to being a bully - but basically third-party bullied Walter - I was done with Tim.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was more than prepared to give Tim a chance, and I actually liked him at first - despite the fact that we knew he was being brought in as an interloper. But when he not only admitted to being a bully - but basically third-party bullied Walter - I was done with Tim.
I honestly didn't mind him in S2 - as much as I was capable of not minding him (by that I mean, as I've said, white, confident jocks make me very anxious). But the more and more we saw of him, the less I liked him, and while I do like Scott (for the most part) I really hope we never see Tim again.

Old 01-11-2017, 04:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am somewhat nervous about the way Tim will be dislodged from Paige. If something bad happens to Tim, Paige may well never forgive Walt. If Tim dumps Paige after a short time of Skype relationship, that too is not good. Though slightly more forgivable. The only acceptable break up scenario is if Paige does it on her own. And I have no idea what could lead to that. I foresee a lose-lose situation, with Walt in perpetual limbo.
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm hoping that Paige realizes with Tim away, that her feelings for him are just not that strong, and so she calls it quits.

~Heidi
Old 01-11-2017, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm hoping that Paige realizes with Tim away, that her feelings for him are just not that strong, and so she calls it quits.
That's what I think will happen. Kinda like how you really love being with friends in school, but you realize that when distance comes between you, the relationship was worth it when you were in close proximity, but it's not the kind of thing that lasts for a long time when day to day effort has to be made. So you grow apart.

Old 01-12-2017, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do see the point that unless Paige instigates the breakup herself, she will likely add that to the pile of things she faults Walter for, and it will keep them apart.

~Heidi
Old 01-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I do see the point that unless Paige instigates the breakup herself, she will likely add that to the pile of things she faults Walter for, and it will keep them apart.
YUP.

Old 01-13-2017, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really want to see something happen between Cabe and Allie now, too.

Walter may wonder if, since he considers Cabe his father, does that mean Allie might be his step-mother?

~Heidi
Old 02-06-2017, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Four eps into 2017 and so much of what I hated about the S3 2016 eps is being fixed.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It definitely feels like maybe the season has turned around. All is not perfect - but I really feel like foundations have been laid to get the team back to their true dynamic. I really want them to come together for the Quintis wedding - to be the family they are meant to be.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread