Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
True. Maybe it feels worse because we've had the photos (and then the sneak peeks) teasing us for so long.
The summer is a true drought. The photos are like a mirage to a person in the desert.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 10:59 PM
New Fan

April 23, 2018

I have not yet viewed this Scorpion episode, “The Bunker Games.”

I want to mention that I have come across reports that Elementary will return to CBS for its 2017–18 season on Monday, April 30, 2018. That the week of April 23 will mark season finales for Scorpion and Criminal Minds. (Code Black also returns the week of April 30.) So, Scorpion would conclude its Season #04 on Monday, April 23, 2018.

I have come across, from Wikipedia, that Scorpion’s fourth season will have 22 episodes. (Seasons #02 and #03 each had 24 episodes. Season #01 had 22 episodes.) So, this means, with conclusion of four seasons, Scorpion will have produced 92 episodes. (CBS All Access, to which I subscribe, counts the season-three openers “Civil War” and “More Civil War” as two parts of one episode.)

“The Bunker Games” is the 13th episode from Season #04. So, with next week’s 14th episode, on January 22, 2018, there will be nine episodes remaining for the season. I don’t know how CBS will map out the schedule for Scorpion for the remainder of this season. It may be that January 29 does not give us a new episode of Scorpion. So, if this turns out to be the case, I would guess February will see Episodes #15, #16, and #17; March will have Episodes #18 and #19; and April will wrap with Episodes #20, #21, and #22.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/elementary/...-6-on-april-3/

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2...20180111cbs02/

Last edited by Candy83; 01-17-2018 at 12:41 AM
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There is an episode on the 29th.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:02 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
There is an episode on the 29th.
Thank you!

I just looked in TV Guide. It indicates an airing January 29 which is new.

That would make it the 15th episode of this fourth season for Scorpion.

After January, there will remain 7 episodes on the season.

My guess: February will be #16, #17, and #18; March will be #19 and #20; and April will wrap up with #21 and #22.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad Elementary is coming back, but that means an early season end for </scorpion>, which means summer hiatus will be almost 5 months again.

~Heidi
Old 01-21-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm glad Elementary is coming back, but that means an early season end for </scorpion>, which means summer hiatus will be almost 5 months again.
If we even come back.

Old 01-21-2018, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
If we even come back.
And I thought my post was depressing.

~Heidi
Old 01-21-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:23 PM
New Fan

By the Numbers had a piece, titled “‘Scorpion’ has soft ratings, no syndication – and a good chance at renewal,” here: Cancel Bear vs. CBS, week 20: ‘Scorpion’ has soft ratings, no syndication – and a good chance at renewal – TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com

It agrees with what I am thinking—renewal of a fifth season for Scorpion so CBS, which produces it in-house, gets it to reach 100 broadcast episodes. Its April 23, 2018 season-four finale will be its 92nd broadcast episode. (The season-three premiere is counted, at least by CBS All Access, as a two-part single episode.)
Old 02-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get renewed, but I'm not sure the bear can be trusted.

~Heidi
Old 02-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bear is decently reliable, but so is the predictor table, which has it as likely to be cancelled. So hard to tell.

Old 02-16-2018, 08:58 PM
New Fan

Here is a list of the current ratings for the 2017–18 television season for where series rank. It is both the demographics (18–49) and total millions in viewers.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/20...tings-week-21/

Scorpion, at No. 44, has 5.300 million viewers thus far for the season (through the 02.05.2018 episode of “Nerd, Wind and Fire”).

I am looking at series in the 5-million range. They rank from Nos. 35–47. That is 13 slots. Scorpion is above The Brave, on NBC, which is good for meaning that the CBS drama series did not fall to both that series and The Good Doctor, which is not only a Top 10 hit but also the No. 1-ranked series for the season specifically on ABC. (Monday nights are clearly won by ABC. The Bachelor is only a couple slots below The Good Doctor.)

I was looking at Hawaii Five–O, with its last season in the Mondays at 10 p.m. ET time-slot the 2015–16 season, before CBS switched it Friday nights with the 2016–17 season (with Scorpion replacing Hawaii Five-O in the time-slot). Hawaii Five-O drew the same-level of viewership there as Scorpion’s 2016–17 season at 10 p.m. (The 2015–16 season of Hawaii Five–O ranked No. 25. The 2016–17 season of Scorpion ranked No. 22. Moving Hawaii Five-O to its current Friday nights, with the 2016–17, catapulted it to a finish at No. 15. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ries)_episodes .) I would say the stunning success of ABC’s The Good Doctor has knocked possibly too much wind out of Scorpion. It has not been a help that the cast, for the first time after Season #03, were not at the Comic Con Festival in San Diego, California, last summer, to promote Season #04 of Scorpion. It certainly does not help that the cast has not been on a CBS talk program, daytime or primetime, to promote the series. (Not before the start of the 2017–18 season. Not at any time during.)

I am guessing the following: Renewal for Season #05. It is a question of keeping it in the same time-slot (indicating CBS is mentally letting it go given ABC will likely hold The Good Doctor in its slot); keeping it on the same night but moving it back to its original time-slot, at 9 p.m. ET; moving it to a night the network does not usually win; moving it to a night the network does merely okay; or maybe bringing it back mid-season (which would likely point to burning off a handful of episodes to bring the series to an official end). Renewal gets Scorpion to reach 100 episodes to package for syndication and other things. Cancelling it, after it reaches 92 episodes with the 2017–18 season, means CBS, which produces it in-house, badly wants to get rid of Scorpion. I don’t think that’s it. I think The Good Doctor’s smash success was a stunner. So, I lean toward renewal and a time-slot change.

Last edited by Candy83; 02-16-2018 at 09:22 PM
Old 02-19-2018, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That 10pm timeslot is certainly a ratings killer. I wonder if The Good Doctor will keep that up once the first season novelty wears off. It would be nice if CBS would put Scorpion back at 9pm, but I don't think that's likely.

~Heidi
Old 02-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I would hope CBS would at least try returning it to 9PM just to see if the ratings would improve no question season 1 and 2 had solid ratings at 9 they started declining in season 3 when they move it to 10 plus the 2 hour sitcom lead in this season was very weak
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do need to mention that you can syndicate at 88 episodes now, so needing 100 is no longer a requirement.

Reply   Post New Thread