Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2017, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think she's also back a little bit toward what she was doing last year - projecting her idea of an ideal mate in her head (likely going back years) on him and getting angry when he's not that person. Now she's been upset with him for legitimate reasons this year - the listening to the lecture on the date, the throwing out her stuff without asking - but she went into this relationship knowing who he is and sometimes she acts like she doesn't expect him to mess up, which just isn't realistic.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Paige needs to realize that she's allowed to let Walter know when he displeases her, but she can be gentler about it. If she would step away from her immediate upset for a moment, she might see that he does a lot of things - even things that upset her - because of how much he loves her. Yes, it was wrong to listen to a lecture while on a date. But it was also very right that he went with her to her friend's performance in the first place.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah - sometimes she's approached him with "hey, so this bothers me" rather than the muttering under her breath she did a LOT in S3. And I like that.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd still like to see some Quintis private time this season. We've had a couple of moments, but I'd like to see them have a real discussion - maybe some private time on the roof. Or preferably see a few minutes of them at home. I'd like to know more about what makes the Quintis couple work.

~Heidi
Old 11-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really want to see them at home.

Old 11-10-2017, 02:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Me too. We've seen lots of Waige at home already, we need more Quintis.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:49 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with more private Quintis moments. These past few episodes I've been hoping for substantial end of the episode moments, but they've mostly been Waige (which isn't bad, but still)
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:34 PM
New Fan

I am new here.

I have posted in each of the general discussions for Seasons #01, #02, and #03 for CBS’s Scorpion.

Had I known about this site, I would have come here a lot sooner.

With a season-four Scorpion having aired twelve episodes, which are half of (I assume) a 24-episode season (the number from the second and third seasons), I don’t feel I can cite too many episodes to rank them among the best.

I will say that I genuinely like two:

“Grow a Deer, a Female Deer” (S04 E03)—Team Scorpion, at Paige’s urging, fight to save the lives of two deer while poachers are in pursuit.

“Who Let the Dog Out (’Cause Now It’s Stuck in a Cistern)” (S04 E11)—Two parallel lives are at risk. One is a young dog named Marty. The other is that old dog who is federal agent and Scorpion father figure Cabe Gallo. This was the most high-stakes episode thus far in Season #04. It is, up to this point, the best.

I also want to note the following: Season #04 has been a standout season for actor Robert Patrick and his performance as Cabe. Scorpion has not been on the Emmys’ radar. In addition to Patrick, only Eddie Kaye Thomas and Jadyn Wong have submitted in prior seasons for potential nominations. The directing and the writing have never been submitted. I suspect it’s because Scorpion gauged its likelihood of inclusion, at any level, and didn’t go deeply on Emmy-nominating ballots with any of the first three seasons. I would like to see Robert Patrick make the cut for Season #04. He has been superb throughout. Four episodes have been particularly good for him: “Sci Hard” (S04 E05), in which he is hilarious as Barclay; “It’s Raining Men (Of War)” (S04 E09), his best from the season, as Cabe has a session with Toby and reveals the details of the death of his father from 50 years ago; “Crime Every Mountain” (S04 E10), as Cabe is being set up for crimes by the menacing Mark Collins and Cabe is no longer willing to be a victim; and “Who Let the Dog Out (’Cause Now It’s Stuck in a Cistern)” (S04 E11), as Cabe is on trial and he is under great pressure not for himself but to also encourage Team Scorpion to keep moving forward (even if they will have to do so without him).
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would give body parts to see Scorpion - and especially Robert Patrick - nominated for an Emmy or Golden Globe. Robert has been amazing this season and I'm so glad that the show has given him this opportunity to delve into the character and show off his skills. He has been really amazing. Elyes, Eddie, Jaden and Kat have also shown incredible abilities in this and other seasons.

I'm not surprised, though, that Scorpion has not submitted. It's not comedic enough to be nominated as comedy, but it's not serious enough have much chance as drama. By not serious enough, I mean that it does not deal with serious social or political issues - or not often enough. The issues it does deal with are not high on the radar. Probably the most socially significant episode was Little Boy Lost - about the young autistic boy. While they dealt realistically and sympathetically with autism, the focus of the episode was still about the geniuses using their skills and knowledge to find him. And that was only one episode. I suspect that the nominating committees would see the bulk of Scorpion as something between a comic book and a video game - and therefore not worthy of consideration.

~Heidi
Old 12-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Absolute Fan

RP absolutely deserves recognition for his work this season. Awards always seem to go to predictable winners from more mainstream shows though, so I'm not holding out much hope.

The strong characters (and the superb performances of the actors playing those characters) are what makes us all so passionate about this show and the sooner the people who dish out awards realise that the better!
Old 01-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

RP won a Saturn Award for his work on The X-Files, but I don't think Scorpion is quite sci-fi enough to qualify.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just Six days of hiatus left. I'm not counting down or anything.

~Heidi
Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Just Six days of hiatus left. I'm not counting down or anything.
It feels like it's been a very, very long wait!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not as long as summer, certainly - but still very long.

~Heidi
Old 01-11-2018, 09:13 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Not as long as summer, certainly - but still very long.
True. Maybe it feels worse because we've had the photos (and then the sneak peeks) teasing us for so long.