Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Eddie did a promotional thing too!
EDDIE????? WHERE?????

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
EDDIE????? WHERE?????
On Instagram! The CBS Account.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

30 minutes left!!!!!
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:00 PM
Master Fan

show time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So far S4 seems to be off to a pretty good start. The case is cataclysmic, but plausible (more or less) and there seems to be a nice balance between the personal drama and the professional drama. The humor is still there, too.

~Heidi
Old 10-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Absolute Fan

I can't wait for more episodes! The second episode was much more satisfying than the first. Now I want to see how all the friendships/relationships develop and what other surprises they have planned for us.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really hoping that now that Ralph is a little older, he'll be more involved in cases. I also really hope we get *something* more about Toby's family & backstory. I'd also love to meet Sly's mom.

~Heidi
Old 10-06-2017, 02:09 AM
Absolute Fan

They've given us a basic backstory for all the characters now, but then haven't really developed them any further. There's so much they could do with all the family issues. I was hoping to see at least one of Toby's family members during the build up to the wedding, but it didn't happen. I thought Sly's relationship issues with his father were resolved far too easily in Son of a Gun with no hint since that he's reconnected with his parents so I agree that a story with his mother would be great. And I would actually like to see Drew return (just for one episode) now that Paige and Walter are together, that could be interesting.
Old 10-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would be very interesting to see Drew back now that there is another man who is officially in Paige's life and whom Ralph is so close to. I wonder how possessive Drew might become of his son.

I'd also like to see Sly's mom to see if she is somewhat like Walter's mom - living in the shadow of her husband and not able to go against him enough to make a connection with her son - or if she made a real effort, was as supportive as she could be, but still couldn't connect with him. It bugs me a bit that of all the characters, we really haven't seen one who has a strong mother, except Ralph. It's possible that Happy's mom was strong - but we didn't see enough of her to know and it wouldn't have mattered to Happy's upbringing anyway. Paige's mom is feisty and fearless - but not really strong. At least not strong enough to stick around and care for her daughter. Toby's mom was ill, so you can't fault her if she wasn't able to be there for her son. Of course, part of the basis of their characters is the fact that they did not have strong, supportive parents. But I'd really like to see evidence that at least one of them had a strong parent who really tried, but failed anyway.

In the pilot, Sly tells Paige that if she can't connect with her son, it's not her fault. That part of Ralph's genius sets him apart in a way that it makes it difficult for the best of parents to make a connection. I'd like to see some evidence of that with the other genius characters.

~Heidi
Old 11-03-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Can you believe we're already 1/4 thorough this season?

I'm not even going to ask how folks think these first 6 episodes compare with 3.01 - 3.06

But how do you think the season is going so far? Do you see any themes coming out?

~Heidi
Old 11-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Can you believe we're already 1/4 thorough this season?

I'm not even going to ask how folks think these first 6 episodes compare with 3.01 - 3.06

But how do you think the season is going so far? Do you see any themes coming out?
Wow, time flies!

Comparing S3 to S4 is difficult because the characters and storylines have moved on so much in a year. 3.03, 3.04 and 3.06 are some of my favourite episodes, though - is that an unpopular opinion amongst other fans? The Civil War/More Civil War S3 premiere was disappointing though.

In a similar vein, the season opener this year promised a lot, but didn't really deliver. There were some wonderful character moments though.

4.03 is just brilliant though, definitely one of my favourite episodes. 4.04 was not as good, but maybe that's just because I'm comparing it to the previous ep? 4.05 was great fun and I enjoyed 4.06, although it wasn't quite what I expected it to be.

Generally speaking I don't like what's happened to Cabe this season, however I am hoping Mark Collins returns and the team are able to outsmart him and clear Cabe's name. I'm still hopeful the character of Patty will develop and also that the impending arrival of Florence doesn't cause too many problems.

I'm loving Quintis so much, of course. Waige is concerning me more. I love that they are together and all the cute little moments are adorable, but I'm worried about what they're doing with Paige in particular - I hope they fix these little petty issues she's having, it's starting to get a bit annoying.

I love the music related story arc and I can't wait to see this play out.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Waige is concerning me more. I love that they are together and all the cute little moments are adorable, but I'm worried about what they're doing with Paige in particular - I hope they fix these little petty issues she's having, it's starting to get a bit annoying.
I agree, she seems irritated at Walter most of the time
~Janice~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd like to think that maybe Paige is irritated because she's dealing with a lot of anxiety regarding the relationship. Walter admitted that he's very nervous about what might happen. He's had no luck in this area; he feels he has no skills. Yet this is possible the most important thing in his life. I think Paige may be having similar feelings, but she isn't able to express them - or perhaps feels she shouldn't because she may feel a lot of pressure to be the "experienced" one - the guide - the person in the relationship who knows what she's doing. But she's been through one very badly failed relationship - Drew - and one that just sort of fizzled - Tim. This is just as important to her as it is to Walter - perhaps more because of Ralph. And she is just as afraid as he is that it might not work out. But she's internalizing that and it's coming out as grumpy Paige.

~Heidi
Old 11-08-2017, 02:20 AM
Absolute Fan

It does seem like she's trying too hard. I can see how her previous relationship disasters would be causing her anxiety though. She doesn't want anything to come between her and Walter, but maybe if she just relaxed a little and let him be himself she would remember why she fell in love with him in the first place.
Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think she realizes that all her anxiety is doing is making her self-sabotage. Or maybe she does realize it, but can't stop. Those sort of behaviors can be hard to control, even if you're aware of what you're doing.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread