Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

REWATCH: 1.08 "Risky Business" - Air Date 10-Nov-2014

</scorpion> Episode 1.08 Risky Business

Quote:
“Risky Business” – Team Scorpion enlists the help of a musician who created a controversial algorithm that generates hit songs to help find the murderer of a music blogger. Meanwhile, Drew asks Walter to help him connect with his son, on SCORPION, Monday, Nov. 10 (9:00-9:59 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Scott Mescudi, a.k.a. Kid Cudi, guest stars as the gifted musician and Cliff “Method Man” Smith guest stars as a top music executive.

CHEAT TWEET: Hey #TeamScorpion, w/ guest stars like @MethodMan & @KidCudi, could @KatharineMcPhee join in? #YesPlease! @ScorpionCBS 11/10 9pm CBS Press Express | TEAM SCORPION ENLISTS THE HELP OF A MUSICIAN WHO CREATED A CONTROVERSIAL ALGORITHM THAT GENERATES HIT SONGS TO HELP FIND WHO MURDERED A MUSIC BLOGGER, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, NOV. 10
Source

Sneak Peeks: 1 2 3* Promo Photos

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 06-09-2019 at 01:21 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love car races
Not, however, a fan of owing dangerous people things storylines.

Love that Paige asks Walter to talk to Ralph.
Have I mentioned yet that I love this Walter/Ralph relationship?

No, I wanted Drew to leave again, I don't want him involved
Old 05-29-2016, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that, despite Drew's appearance, Walter is still more of a father to Ralph. Although hopefully Paige will teach Ralph to drive when the time comes!

Other than that though, this was not one of my favorite episodes. The case was a little ho-hum for me.

~Heidi
Old 06-02-2019, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This week's Random Episode is way back in Season 1 - when everything was fresh and new. If nothing else, this episode might show that a little dose of jealousy can be a powerful motivator.

~Heidi
Old 06-04-2019, 06:21 AM
Absolute Fan

Reading back over all the previous posts it doesn't look like this was a very popular episode at the time. I've always liked it, though. The case is one of the smaller scale ones - they're solving a murder and helping one man in the process - and it makes for an interesting contrast to saving the world. Having said that, the plot was a little convoluted and I didn't really follow it the first time!

I loved Walter connecting with Ralph and then helping Drew to connect with him. Drew was genuinely upset that he couldn't get through to his son, I think he was genuinely trying to do his best to make up for what he'd done in the past and rebuild a relationship with Ralph.

I love how Toby sees straight through Walter, realising he's distracting himself from thinking about Paige with his new adrenaline pumping hobby.

It was fun to see Happy flirting and making Toby jealous - I wonder if she was doing it on purpose? This was the very early days for Quintis and it was played as being very one sided, but I think Happy already had feelings for Toby. I loved the way Toby made sure Happy noticed him being a hero. Paige playing Toby at his own game and 'shrinking' him over his feelings for Happy was fun too.

I was always disappointed that they didn't replace the van after it blew up in this ep, it would have been good for them to be able to travel in the same vehicle and carry equipment around - a bit like The A-Team!

The synthesizer that Happy built was never mentioned again, I wonder what happened to it? (There's definitely a fic in there somewhere!) And it was fun to see Paige singing, but I'm glad they didn't develop that idea any further.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Kat didn't like the singing aspect at all, (she felt it was really random and just a contrived way to get her to sing on the show, when there would have been much more realistic ways to get her to sing without creating the entire story around it) and since I heard her explain that later on in season one I just haven't been able to enjoy the episode much because her points were pretty good imo and I couldn't get them out of my head.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:02 AM
Absolute Fan

It was painfully contrived! Paige was supposed to have spent the years since Drew left struggling to raise her son on her own, working all the hours she could and barely having enough money to survive (even once spending a week living in her car, although we didn't know that detail at this point) not 'giving singing a shot'.

When she sang a duet with Walter, at least that was part of the plot and it felt far more natural. (And it was cute. )
Old 06-09-2019, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is not one of my favorite episodes, but it does have its moments.

The opening serves to drive home some points about Walter’s personality. Namely, that he’s over-confident and his ego and cockiness can get him into big trouble. It’s also a big harbinger of the season finale. At the same time, it’s interesting that Walter, the man who has very little understanding of emotions, immediately realizes that Ralph’s poor algebra grade is due to some form of emotional disturbance.

It is a bit ironic that Toby is the one to point out the problems with owing large debts to unsavory folks. I do love how Toby is constantly after Walter to analyze his behavior with regard to his issues with Drew. But the best is when Toby tells Walter he needs to help Ralph connect with his dad - regardless of how Walter feels about Drew. Although I don’t think Toby is thinking about how Drew must feel about Walter connecting with Ralph so easily - twice. But Toby probably doesn’t care about Drew any more than we do.

Happy playing with the elevator is like a gamer playing with World of Warcraft. I’m 100% sure she wishes she could play for hours.

Toby just missing his chance with Happy

And obviously, Walter has not learned any lessons. At least not when it comes to racing with other people’s cars.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread