New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2016, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

REWATCH: 1.02 "Single Point of Failure" - Air Date 29-Sep-2014

</scorpion> Episode 1.02 Single Point of Failure

Quote:
“Single Point of Failure” – The Governor calls on Team Scorpion when his daughter is mysteriously “biohacked” with a deadly virus and has only 24 hours to live. Meanwhile, the case takes on a deeper significance for Walter after he receives a letter regarding his sister, on SCORPION, Monday, Sept. 29 (9:00-9:59, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, name a germaphobe's biggest nitemare? TRAPPED IN A BIOHAZARD LAB! #PoorSylvester! @SCORPIONCBS 9/29 9pm CBS Press Express | THE GOVERNOR CALLS ON TEAM SCORPION WHEN HIS DAUGHTER IS MYSTERIOUSLY “BIO-HACKED” WITH A DEADLY VIRUS AND HAS ONLY 24 HOURS TO LIVE, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, SEPT. 29
Source

Sneak Peeks * Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

The "tools don't let you down" conversation between Happy and Toby was the moment I became a fan of Scorpion. I was immediately intrigued by these two characters and their friendship. It took a few more episodes before I was able to suspend disbelief and really start enjoying the crazy plot lines, but this scene made me want to stick around.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:40 PM
We are bound together

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

I'm really liking to get to know these characters.
After last episode I was all ready to go and dislike the agent, but I'm starting to see there's more to him (and I like that).

I'm going to guess Walter and Paige end up together, looking forward to that already

Poor Sylvester.

And Poor Walter with his sister, wanting to fix her
Old 05-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Elite Fan

There is way more to Cabe than you might expect, and there is a lot of history for him that you get in season one.

One of the things I love about Scorpion is how each character's personality factors in to the episodes. It's not just about the cases - how the characters interact is a big part of it.

~Heidi
Old 05-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

None of the characters really fit into a mold. They develop in ways that are kinda unexpected. And yes, there is tons of tension to come, but not really anything scary or gross! Enjoy the watching, it's awesome!
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatFan89 (View Post)
None of the characters really fit into a mold. They develop in ways that are kinda unexpected. And yes, there is tons of tension to come, but not really anything scary or gross! Enjoy the watching, it's awesome!
Very true. I don't, after watching the first 2-3 episodes, that I would have predicted some of the developments with these characters. The show does a very good job of sending them in unexpected directions and giving the challenges you might not think they could deal with.

~Heidi
Old 05-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

1x02 is perhaps one of my top 5 favorite S1 episodes of Scorpion! I absolutely love how proud Walter is of Ralph when he realized Ralph had hacked the digital display of the thermometer. THAT was a proud dad moment, bahaha. And that ending between Walter, Paige and Ralph looking at the stars was just absolutely precious. Cabe recognized that Walter saw something completely special in Paige and Ralph, and I reckon Cabe could see that Paige and Ralph would, some day, mean the world to Walter. Just look at how Cabe is watching Waige and Ralph. I could gush all night about that moment, hahaha.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

It's interesting how most of us remember the little moments of character development - and hardly mention the case at all. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. It certainly means that the writers pay a lot of attention to character development - which is certainly good. But does it mean the cases aren't so great - I don't think so.

The case in 1.02 I thought was very interesting. As in many Scorpion episodes, they take a bit of cutting edge technology - and enhance it a bit so that it's probably beyond what is really possible right now - but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. For science geeks, that's fascinating. It reminds me of what science fiction used to be - back when there was minimal actual technology, but a lot of folks pondering about what could be. It's that sort of thinking that got us microwaves and cellphones and the Internet, so I'm glad to see that sort of creative imagination is still alive and well. A lot of folks look on this as the show is making us "suspend our disbelief". But isn't that what imagination and invention are all about? If you believe something is impossible, it is. If you are able to accept that things that seem impossible might not be - then there's a good chance of making the impossible possible.

Granted, Scorpion is not presented as a science fiction show. But I believe there are elements of science fiction in it.

~Heidi
Old 05-11-2016, 11:46 AM
We are bound together

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

Quote:
It's interesting how most of us remember the little moments of character development - and hardly mention the case at all. I'm not sure if that's necessarily a good thing or a bad thing. It certainly means that the writers pay a lot of attention to character development - which is certainly good. But does it mean the cases aren't so great - I don't think so.
I absolutely love the cases. I think they're clever and although at times over the top; believable.
But for me the big draw is definitely character development
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top