Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
If they stay in the States because of Cabe, maybe Paige might consider having Ralph come along sometimes - especially if she wants to keep him out of Patty's clutches.
Ugh, you know on one hand I love the idea of Ralph coming along but I just hate how Paige gets when she's jealous. All that stuff she was saying about Stella in S2, and calling Patty a name (was it tramp or something else? my brain is in a fog) when Patty isn't even showing an interest in Ralph. I love Paige, everyone knows that, but I hate how petty she gets when she feels threatened by another woman.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Ugh, you know on one hand I love the idea of Ralph coming along but I just hate how Paige gets when she's jealous. All that stuff she was saying about Stella in S2, and calling Patty a name (was it tramp or something else? my brain is in a fog) when Patty isn't even showing an interest in Ralph. I love Paige, everyone knows that, but I hate how petty she gets when she feels threatened by another woman.
I know your a Lenny fan too Penny acts the same way when some other women shows a interest in Leonard is there only one way to write a jealous girlfriend
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
We know that Paige has been burned by the other woman - and burned very badly. Not only was she left, but her son was as well. While I agree that she's oversensitive to other women and she can get petty and immature about it; given her experience, I can understand it.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:24 AM
Absolute Fan

I came across this article from earlier in the year. I don't remember reading about it at the time, but I assume this is where the writers got the idea from.

Artificial Womb Helps Premature Lamb Fetuses Grow For 4 Weeks
Old 12-29-2017, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fascinating article - thanks for sharing that. I figured there must be some work being done on that idea. I think most of what Scorpion does is at least marginally feasible or being worked on.

~Heidi
Old 11-27-2018, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I gotta admit, I did a little SQUEEEEE when this came up as our second episode for the Random Episode Review. If for no other reason than it has one of the really terrific episode endings.

~Heidi
Old 11-27-2018, 04:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Oh this is one of my favourite episodes by far! For so many reasons. I'll re-watch it tomorrow (even though I've watched it so many times already!) and then I'll be back.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:40 AM
Absolute Fan

Re-watched it. Still love it.

I already listed some of my favourite moments in my original post when we first saw the episode, but there are so many more!

The relationship between Walter and Cabe in this episode is written and played so well. Walter is blaming himself for making Cabe release Collins, yet Cabe insists it's his fault for doing it. They're both as stubborn as each other and both as selfless. You can see how worried Walter is about the way it will all affect Cabe and at the same time he can't cope with the prospect of Cabe going to prison.

I love how Walter tries to deal with it by becoming Cabe, including using his 'My foot and your ass...' catchphrase! Toby, as usual, has all the best lines on the subject: "Which one are you, Cagney or Lacey?" and "I couldn't hear you over your sunglasses!"

I really liked Ralph and Cabe's relationship. Poor Cabe was really at a loss being stuck at home and it was interesting that Ralph recognised that and even called him out on it! Ralph's EQ has developed so much.

We also got to see Cabe and Allie's relationship develop. They had a huge row, but you could see Allie was only angry because she loves him so much and it was good to see Cabe swallow his pride and admit he owed her an apology at the end. He's been on his own for so long he's forgotten how to be in a relationship.

I loved how Patty just showed up and made herself at home. Cabe being totally clueless about who she was was brilliant! I was never a huge fan of the Ralph/Patty crush storyline, but it's cute seeing where it all started.

The deer storyline was used really well for character development. They were able to cover a lot from Paige's strong maternal instincts to Sly's feelings for animals. I said before how much I love to see Toby using his medical knowledge and I loved how they showed he wasn't as confident about it all as he tried to make it appear. It was good to see him take charge instead of Walter.

I also loved Paige explaining to Walter that she can still do her job of helping him with emotional issues even though she's his girlfriend now. We know now of course that Walter struggles with this idea even more as the season progresses. He couldn't process the fact that their relationship didn't have to mean the original reason he hired her for Scorpion was no longer valid. It's one of those points where we start to see where his issues are going to develop.

There were so many family moments in this episode. Paige's line at the beginning "Family's not a burden" and the wonderful ending of course. Toby kissing Happy, Paige and Walter holding hands and even Sylvester's joyful smile leave you with such a warm feeling after watching!

How many times have I used the emoji in this post?

I'm so glad this one came out of the randomiser.