Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it's tricky and you can't really base it on any of the adult geniuses because none of them had parents that made much of an effort (with the possible exception of Toby's mom but she was so sick I doubt she was capable of it). He may have just grown up very reserved and quiet and with a complicated relationship with Paige because she's the only one he wanted to be around until he met the Scorpion people, but they still didn't understand each other.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

True. As much as all the other geniuses have some degree of damage, a portion of it is bound to be due to the lack of support they got from their parents. In some cases, that included contempt or abandonment.

Paige may not understand Ralph any better than Walter's parents or Sly's parents did them, but she is very different from them in that she allows him to pursue his abilities and, aside from encouraging him to socialize, she doesn't try to push him into any pigeon-holed ideas of what is "normal".

~Heidi
Old 07-03-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Riley is definitely a cat person.

~Heidi
Old 07-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I showed that picture to my mom and she goes "oh, he's just like you." (In bed with the cat curled up.)

Old 11-11-2017, 09:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am glad that Walt, and now presumably Paige, are going be supporting Ralph with his crush and all, but the way Ralph was referring to Patty as "my woman" at the end of the episode has me slightly concerned. It gives me the impression that they're starting Ralph's character down a path of less than 100% respect for women, if that makes sense. As much as he may like Patty, he has absolutely no claim to her.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter and Paige's reaction to Ralph's first crush could easily be a way for them to turn a discerning eye on their own relationship and how they are handling things. Walter could very easily see Ralph's comment - calling Patty "my woman" - as illogical, and explain to Ralph that he cannot possibly own another person, and shouldn't talk was if he does. The discussion could lead to Walter evaluating some of the ways he treats Paige - not that he's possessive, but he might simply start to question if he's treating her with all the respect she deserves.

~Heidi
Old 11-11-2017, 07:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

That would be a satisfactory direction to take this in, although who knows if that will happen.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:22 PM
Absolute Fan

I didn't interpret the comment as suggesting Ralph has no respect for women. It was just him trying to act grown up in front of the others and is no different to Cabe calling Allie "my girl", or Walter and Paige referring to each other as "my girlfriend/boyfriend". As a boy who has been raised so successfully by a single mother I suspect Ralph has more respect for women than a lot of his peers.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I suspect you're right about Ralph having great respect for women - for everyone, really. But sometimes trying to act "grown-up" winds up meaning mimicking some of the less mature actions of those around you.

~Heidi
Old 11-12-2017, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Yes the my women comment he got from Walter and Walter says I don't where he got that when Paige gave him a look
Old 11-12-2017, 03:38 PM
Absolute Fan

That's true, he was just trying to be more like Walter. And he's a genius, but he still has to mature in a lot of areas just like other boys his age. I'm sure he'll learn. He is lucky to have his extended Scorpion family to teach him about life.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That part of the episode made me laugh, Walter being like "uh yeah I totally didn't give him that idea..."

Old 11-13-2017, 06:53 AM
Absolute Fan

It was very funny. I'm not worried about Ralph at all, he has the perfect parents to nurture both his genius and human sides.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh yeah, he's got good parents. Between the two of them he will be set.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Between Paige and Walter and the rest of Scorpion, Ralph has so many advantages that genius kids almost never do.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread