Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So I e-mailed the Grainger Studio to ask if phones were allowed in, since I'm ubering there (so can't leave phone in car) and you need your phone with you for uber (so I can't leave it at the hotel). Thankfully I got a response fairly quickly and they said I can bring my phone in and keep it on me, so that's a relief!

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I can't imagine being without my phone anymore, but I guess they have to be careful about people videoing everything and putting it online these days. Glad you'll be able to keep yours with you, Nicole.

So what was the big announcement yesterday? Is it a new album? The only clip I can find is the "Waige moment" one.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
I can't imagine being without my phone anymore, but I guess they have to be careful about people videoing everything and putting it online these days. Glad you'll be able to keep yours with you, Nicole.

So what was the big announcement yesterday? Is it a new album? The only clip I can find is the "Waige moment" one.
I just skimmed through most of it, but she was talking a lot about her music. She was mostly answering questions apparently sent in via FB and Twitter. One of the questions was about which song was her favorite from the new album, so apparently that was a big part of it.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was kinda weird because she called it a big announcement then it was just a fan Q&A. And then TODAY, one day later, she announces the release date for her album and says it'll be up for pre-order tomorrow. Which is what I was expecting for yesterday.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

I get paid tomorrow :]. I know what I'm gonna be doing with a portion of my monies.

You can listen to the first release of one of her songs, "Night and Day."
WriterFreak001 Twitter Tumblr FFNAO3YT

Last edited by WriterFreak001; 10-05-2017 at 08:40 PM
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess she decided to answer more questions instead! She does genuinely seems to have fun interacting with the fans. Did anyone ask any interesting Scorpion related questions? I know very little about her singing career, but I do like that new song.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No, they were all music related questions.

I see her in two days, guys!

Old 10-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
No, they were all music related questions.

I see her in two days, guys!
I am so happy for you! Kat's presence is much more than can be captured or conveyed in a recording or video! I hope you get to actually meet her, not just see!
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that was probably the best 90 minute period in my life. The music was great (David Foster was right, she is made for this genre) and she is just SO FUNNY I was laughing so hard my abs will hurt like heck tomorrow. I have so many stories to share but I'm so tired so it will have to wait a bit.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so glad you had a good time and I can't wait to hear all about it. I once went all the way to Canada to see one of my favourite actors in a play. I went for 4 days and saw the play twice. Fortunately I was so excited I could hardly sleep the whole time I was there, because with jet lag and the crazy schedule there just want any time for sleep!
Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So the show was about an hour and a half, but I don't know how much editing down there is and I don't know how long the PBS specials run. She did a lot of talking and there were some very obvious outtakes, which I'll tell you guys all about now. Some of these may make it in and some may be edited out, I really have no idea how much of what they're going to show and by the time it airs my memory won't be as fresh to fill y'all in then.

They taped David Foster introducing her twice, once at the start where it's going to air, and once right before her costume change since he said he didn't do it well the first time (he kinda rambled a bit then). And I'm very interested in how they're going to edit that because in between her appearing for the first time and her costume change, she did a song that she wanted to sit for, so someone brought her a chair, and she sat down with her right side facing us, because "the slit's a little high (on her dress) and this side is more appropriate." Then she kinda smirked and was like "but we are in Chicago after all!" She talked about the song then started singing, and about thirty seconds in she was like "oh no, we have to start over. I popped my belt!" And she stood up and her belt had snapped or something, so she walked over more to the middle of the stage and put her back to us and was moving the belt like a whip while swinging her hips and then waved it like a lasso and threw it. So when she walked out again while re-filming the introduction, she and Foster hugged, and then she was like OH (expletive starting with S) MY BELT!

At one point she stopped singing because she said she was too high on the pitch and so she started cursing just to make sure they didn't use it. She forgot the lyrics to one song she didn't put on the teleprompter and we got a loud F bomb followed by "God I love taped television!" (At another point she was talking about someone associated with the Grammys and forgot his last name and was like "well, we're gonna be editing that out!" and did this funny mime of editors literally snipping and cutting tape. It was really funny but there's really no good way to describe it.) She also occasionally would point to the drummer to do a rim shot and she'd either high kick (once she'd changed outfits) or pop her hip out of the slit in her dress.

During one song, she was walking around the stage during a musical interlude, and was over off to the side, and she looked at the guy on the bass (he was younger than the rest) and she goes "oh, fresh meat. Just outta college!" and he kinda grinned, and she stayed over there watching him for a minute before walking back across the stage and finished the song. She did another song after that, and then David Foster walked out onto the stage to do something, and before they started that he said to her "Katharine, I have a couple things to say to you. First of all, you're doing an amazing job. Really, amazing. Second, you cannot walk up to the bass player in the middle of a song and go 'mmmm, fresh meat'." And she started laughing so hard and we absolutely roared.

She mainly just did songs from her new album, and talked a lot about her mother and her influence on her, and she and David Foster both made jokes about them being hot messes when it came to relationships. (He said that when he produced (?) the song about it being the last time he'd fall in love he was only on marriage number three "and there's been one sense then so that wasn't true!") At the end she did Somewhere Over The Rainbow and got a standing ovation, and then she did That's Life (that was the song she forgot the words to) to close, and she changed some lyrics and managed to be salty about Smash being cancelled and then promoted Scorpion pretty much in one breath.

While she was changing costumes, Eric Benet came out and sang, and then him and David Foster said that he had a song that they were going to do for us "but it's too risque to be o the special." Eric said it was called "Chocolate Legs" and David said "as in 'wrap those chocolate legs around me!'" And Eric commented that he was singing it the other day and Kat said she liked it but she couldn't relate to it, or something like that, and he said "honey there's white chocolate too!" Then at the end of singing it she came running out on stage in her new outfit and hiked one of her legs around him.

There were a lot of other little funny bits that my mind is a bit blurred on already, but basically, David Foster was right when he said years ago that her voice and passion were made for that genre, and honestly after hearing her perform all of those songs part of me can't believe that she focused on pop for so long. She was amazing. I can't wait for everyone to see it.

(Also at one point she made eye contact with me and smiled - I was sitting a few rows back but one of the lights fell on me which directed her attention - and like, damn, it was like a full blown Hamilton "then you look back at me and suddenly I'm helpless" moment. I swear I went weak in the knees and I was sitting down.)

It was amazing. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I had so much fun for an hour and a half straight.

Old 10-11-2017, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. That sounds like the experience of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing so much of it with us. I'll have to look for you when the special airs.

~Heidi
Old 10-12-2017, 03:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm glad you enjoyed it, it sounds like Katharine is very relaxed in front of a crowd and a lot of fun!
Old 10-12-2017, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Wow. That sounds like the experience of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing so much of it with us. I'll have to look for you when the special airs.
You already know what I look like, but I was sitting between two middle aged guys in a sleeveless yellow top.

Old 10-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

I love how Kat gushed about performing with Andrea Bocelli during her Facebook thing. I absolutely adore him and if they play again around here, I will definitely have to get tickets.

~Heidi
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top