Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 AM
Absolute Fan

I know sometimes for TV shows (in the UK, anyway) they issue more tickets than they have seats because some people just don't turn up so it's important to get there early and get in the queue. However, that only usually applies when the tickets are free, if you've paid for a ticket I would hope that means you've definitely got a seat. I saw a clip of Kat singing at the Emmy's this week, she looked and sounded amazing.
Old 09-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For stuff with Warner Brothers (sitcoms like Mom, TBBT, etc) the tickets are free but they only issue a certain number of guaranteeds, and then standbys, where if you have a standby ticket you get there early and hope for the best. For this, the ticket cost $35, and it said that they have the name of everyone on a list, and doesn't say anything about there not being any guarantee, so I'm assuming I'm fine, but I will probably get there early anyway because I'll be taking an Uber from the hotel I'm staying at and I always call up those early just in case of traffic.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if you'll have a chance to take pictures. I doubt they will let you during the concert, because they'll be taping it, but maybe before or after?

~Heidi
Old 09-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wonder if you'll have a chance to take pictures. I doubt they will let you during the concert, because they'll be taping it, but maybe before or after?
I just hope they let me bring my phone in period because I'll be taking an Uber so obviously I need to have it with me but since I have an Uber I won't be able to leave it in the car.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I just hope they let me bring my phone in period because I'll be taking an Uber so obviously I need to have it with me but since I have an Uber I won't be able to leave it in the car.
In a city where people take taxis and Ubers all the time to avoid parking hassles, I think they would have to make some accommodations for people bringing phones, especially these days when people pretty much have their phones surgically attached.

~Heidi
Old 09-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For TBBT tapings they just confiscate stuff at the door, take your item and your I.D. and then you get it on the way out. I suspect that is probably the policy they will have here. Though I don't know anyone who has been to a Soundstage taping before so I can't even ask anyone.

Old 09-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least you can get your phone back after the show - although I suppose then it's that much longer before your Uber gets there, which is a pain.

~Heidi
Old 09-23-2017, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's Chicago, I'm sure Ubers are everywhere. I think we waited like 7 minutes to get one after Hamilton (we'd taken the subway to the theater).

Old 09-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You should be fine, then. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time.

~Heidi
Old 10-02-2017, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I will! I'm sure I'll regret not getting the VIP ticket, but I do need to watch what I'm spending, especially since I'm seeing Hamilton the next day. I'm sure I'll have opportunities to meet her in the future, right now I'm perfectly happy with the show itself.

On another note, she liked two of my comments yesterday on IG and replied to one and I may have been over the moon for a bit there.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Absolute Fan

She does seem to enjoy engaging with her fans on social media. I'm often amazed at how any famous person manages to put up with the amount of abuse and silliness they receive though. I suppose they just learn to ignore it as much as possible.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She announced she's going live on her social media tomorrow for a "surprise". Since she's on Scorpion and so obviously can't be announcing a new long term television project, most people assume it's an album announcement.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
She announced she's going live on her social media tomorrow for a "surprise". Since she's on Scorpion and so obviously can't be announcing a new long term television project, most people assume it's an album announcement.
She posted several pics from a recording studio over the summer, so an album wouldn't be that big of a surprise.

~Heidi
Old 10-03-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
She posted several pics from a recording studio over the summer, so an album wouldn't be that big of a surprise.
True, but like, what else would it be? Her relationship is pretty new so she's not likely to be engaged (and probably wouldn't announce that on facebook live, either), she's already got a TV show, and her singing shows in Chicago and New York haven't been publicized like this so it's unlikely "hey I'm coming to X city at Y time." The last time she did a live thing was I guess when she announced she was going to Syria (the trip that fell through when her movie schedule got moved up), so...unless she's going to Puerto Rico or something (difficult with her filming schedule) I really don't know what else it might be.

Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 AM
Absolute Fan

She's certainly a very busy person!