Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
For whatever reason, the video won't play for me. What happens in it?
It doesn't play for me anymore, either. It was just a bit of the sneak peek where Cabe gets hit by the shrapnel. Hardly "exclusive".

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's some stuff from Wooton, mostly Waige, love triangle, Ronnie related.

Old 01-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Here's some stuff from Wooton, mostly Waige, love triangle, Ronnie related.
Well, I guess that's some bit of hope.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some hope, yes. Although I'd call Tim a bit more than a "speed bump".

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 04:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Some hope, yes. Although I'd call Tim a bit more than a "speed bump".
Some good things out of that:

1. we know Paige will be angry at him in 12, which means this isn't going to be a "she simmers for a while and has a huge blow up at him five or six eps down the road." We knew from Toby's line it was going to happen, and not only do we know when it happens, we know it happens immediately, which means hopefully, this 'cold shoulder' stuff will blow over soon and they can start getting closer again.

2. we know that Ronnie is going to give Paige advice that Paige ultimately listens to, which means not only is she still conflicted over whether she's with the right man, she's consciously aware of that conflict still being present.

3. we know that Walter is going to be treating her really well, and we know it's going to be genuine, probably more of an indication of how much he loves her than anything else we've witnessed this season. Not only is that progress for him, it'll also be good for Paige because she will remember why she fell for him in the first place, and that he's not going to ever be the kind of boyfriend Tim is or Drew was but maybe that's exactly why the two of them belong together.

4. The fact that Wooton says they're always going to focus on the Waige relationship isn't surprising at all, but it's reassuring to hear him say that especially in the midst of this.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree with all your points. I'd also add that it seems that either Ronnie is no longer trying to help Walter by advising him to be sneaky or manipulative, or if she is, Walter is sticking to his determination not to go that way.

~Heidi
Old 01-01-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ronnie's ultimate goal is to make sure her daughter ends up with who is best for her, and Ronnie has identified Walter as that person. While she's still a con woman, she knows that that's a flaw of hers (although she's not above still doing it) and she's extra happy that Walter isn't someone who will hurt Paige in the same way she (Ronnie) has. We know this much from This Is The Pits. Another thing Ronnie is is extremely intelligent, and she knows now that the way to get the preferrable outcome (Waige endgame) is by not conning, and she's willing to do whatever necessary to get that preferrable outcome. Therefore, I think she will avoid using maniupulation on Paige/Waige in the future.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

OK, I know I'm not in the best of moods having spent the day at a New Year's Day gathering where one person felt that all that is good and wise resides in the radio program of Rush Limbaugh.

But one main reason I stopped watching Scorpion was because of the person Paige has become. So Tim is gone, but Paige is going to act as obnoxious to Walter as she has been all season. But we should be patient because Walter takes the high road while she takes the low road. Honestly, I'm done with that. When she apologizes to him and realizes that her EQ regarding Walter is nonexistent, then maybe I'll come back.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveScience (View Post)
But one main reason I stopped watching Scorpion was because of the person Paige has become. So Tim is gone, but Paige is going to act as obnoxious to Walter as she has been all season. But we should be patient because Walter takes the high road while she takes the low road. Honestly, I'm done with that. When she apologizes to him and realizes that her EQ regarding Walter is nonexistent, then maybe I'll come back.
The only reason I'm a touch excited about this is just because if Wooton says Walter is doing everything right, it'll probably be made very clear on the show that Walter is doing everything right. Paige will be acting the same way she's been acting, and Walter will be acting better, so maybe for once in the show's life they'll acknowledge that Paige isn't perfect and sometimes she's the one who is wrong. I have a huge potential to be disappointed by how they do this, but I'm still hanging on a tiny hope that maybe the second half of the season, while still keeping them apart and having tension, will finally show that some of the blame for all of this rests on her shoulders.

Old 01-01-2017, 05:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Nicole, you make an excellent point. I'm really rooting for your hope to be justified!

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 01-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveScience (View Post)
Nicole, you make an excellent point. I'm really rooting for your hope to be justified!
I have my fingers crossed. This would be a great time to show that while yes, Walter still has a lot of potential for emotional growth, Paige needs to work for what she really wants, too, and it's not all on Walter to ultimately make this work.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really want them to show that Paige holds complicity in the dumpster fire that is their current relationship. So if they show Walter as being particular nice, and contrast that with Paige being obnoxious, that by itself may get the point acrossBy preference, though, I'd like to see one of the other characters call Paige on it - largely because they've bent over backwards to have characters call Walter on his infractions - repeatedly. Happy might be an ideal candidate for that for several reasons. 1) We've seen just how much Happy cares for Walter - so even if it makes her uncomfortable to discuss feelings with someone, if Walter is being badly treated, she would speak up. 2) Happy may never have been as blatantly pro-Waige as Toby and Cabe, but she hasn't done a 180 on it either. 3) If Paige has any brains at all, she'll be scared of Happy - especially of un-Happy Happy. 4) Paige gave Happy good advice during the pregnancy story. Happy can reciprocate - which will help to develop the Happy/Paige friendship and I just really like that.

~Heidi
Old 01-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I really want them to show that Paige holds complicity in the dumpster fire that is their current relationship. So if they show Walter as being particular nice, and contrast that with Paige being obnoxious, that by itself may get the point acrossBy preference, though, I'd like to see one of the other characters call Paige on it - largely because they've bent over backwards to have characters call Walter on his infractions - repeatedly. Happy might be an ideal candidate for that for several reasons. 1) We've seen just how much Happy cares for Walter - so even if it makes her uncomfortable to discuss feelings with someone, if Walter is being badly treated, she would speak up. 2) Happy may never have been as blatantly pro-Waige as Toby and Cabe, but she hasn't done a 180 on it either. 3) If Paige has any brains at all, she'll be scared of Happy - especially of un-Happy Happy. 4) Paige gave Happy good advice during the pregnancy story. Happy can reciprocate - which will help to develop the Happy/Paige friendship and I just really like that.
Agree with all of this but definitely the part in bold. It'd be nice to have a normal called out for once.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here's some more info.

Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites | TVLine

Hoping by them saying the winter eps will focus on the love triangle, that means it'll be over by the time 'the winter episodes' are over.

But okay, "plans can go awry" yeah but they can also NOT go awry so how about they go that route for once? Also the ten year age gap between Cabe and Allie? Age gaps become less of an issue when you get older for one, and the age gap between Melvester (which was also at least ten years) them was a complete non issue.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really thought Allie was a LOT younger - but it still shouldn't make any difference as long as she's of age, and she's pretty obviously of age. A ten-year difference is no big deal.

If they want to have the Quintis plans go awry, they can do that ONLY if they wind up getting married by the end of the season. Anything else is not allowed. I have spoken.

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread