Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah the few CW shows I've started, I think I've stopped all of them because of love triangles.

Old 02-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Let me get this straight. They fast-forwarded through the beginning of Happy and Toby's relationship to leave time for a Waige love triangle? Ugh. This doesn't interest me at all.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
Let me get this straight. They fast-forwarded through the beginning of Happy and Toby's relationship to leave time for a Waige love triangle? Ugh. This doesn't interest me at all.
Honestly I don't think those two are correlated in terms of timing. If timing was an issue, they wouldn't reveal Quintis is together in 2.16 and then start the love triangle crap in 2.20. And we know that doesn't start until 2.20 because Robert said the first day of working with Porter was yesterday.

Old 02-12-2016, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I watch Hart of Dixie and the guy they are talking about was good in that. He was playing a privileged Southern jock, which may not be far from what he's going to do in Scorpion. He was also part of a love - pentagon I think. There were so many sides to the mess in that show you needed a map to figure out who was with who when.

I'm not at all thrilled with the idea of a triangle either - and especially I don't like the idea of Paige showing interest in another jock. I'd prefer to think that her tastes have changed.

~Heidi
Old 02-12-2016, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'm not at all thrilled with the idea of a triangle either - and especially I don't like the idea of Paige showing interest in another jock. I'd prefer to think that her tastes have changed.
Same. There doesn't really seem to be that many dimensions to Drew, even now, and I'm sure there were even less when he and Paige started dating because they were kids. It'd seem odd to me that her tastes are still the jock, when her main romantic interest and basically all of her friends are so different, and it's odd to me she'd be attracted to someone who reminds her of a relationship that ended so badly.

Old 02-12-2016, 10:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Same. There doesn't really seem to be that many dimensions to Drew, even now, and I'm sure there were even less when he and Paige started dating because they were kids. It'd seem odd to me that her tastes are still the jock, when her main romantic interest and basically all of her friends are so different, and it's odd to me she'd be attracted to someone who reminds her of a relationship that ended so badly.
I'm actually not surprised that Paige could still be attracted to a jock. People tend to be drawn to the familiar even if it's not the best or healthiest option. Sort of like how Toby self-sabotages because he had an unhappy childhood. In a weird way, he's more comfortable when things are bad because that's what he's used to. If things are complicated between Walter and Paige, she could retreat to the familiar (aka the jock).

Besides, we don't know for sure that he'll be like Drew. Just because he's more brawn than brains, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to resemble her ex in any other way. For all we know, he could be a great guy.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Besides, we don't know for sure that he'll be like Drew. Just because he's more brawn than brains, it doesn't necessarily mean he's going to resemble her ex in any other way. For all we know, he could be a great guy.
While that's true, the way all the articles have introduced him is "this character, SOMETHING ABOUT FOOTBALL, HANDSOME JOCK!" which means that's the basic, general information about him. If being a jock wasn't significant to who he is, they wouldn't have mentioned it in an introduction article.

And to me, if he's a jock, he's gonna be like Drew. In my life experience, jocks are, or end up being, basically the same. I've never met a jock I've liked at all.

Old 02-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
And to me, if he's a jock, he's gonna be like Drew. In my life experience, jocks are, or end up being, basically the same. I've never met a jock I've liked at all.
Are you talking fictional characters or real life? Because I've known plenty of people in real life who were "jocks" in school and were still intelligent and kind people. It also says that he's a former Navy SEAL, so there's definitely more to him than just just being a former football player.

I'm not saying I like this love triangle storyline (I don't and think the time could be much better spent) but I'm not ready to completely write off a character I haven't seen yet.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Are you talking fictional characters or real life? Because I've known plenty of people in real life who were "jocks" in school and were still intelligent and kind people. It also says that he's a former Navy SEAL, so there's definitely more to him than just just being a former football player.

I'm not saying I like this love triangle storyline (I don't and think the time could be much better spent) but I'm not ready to completely write off a character I haven't seen yet.
Fictional. Writers always seem to go the same route with those characters, especially when it's their predominant characteristic. There is a fictional Navy SEAL that I like so I'm trying to focus on that.

Old 02-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It also says that he's a former Navy SEAL, so there's definitely more to him than just just being a former football player.
I agree. And I don't think Paige would be remotely interested in a dumb jock at this point in her life. But I don't think that she would hold it against him if he had played football. I just think that they are emphasizing the former football player aspect because we all know how Walter, Toby, and Happy feel about jocks.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

SpoilerTV has promo photos for 2.17 Adaptation up here

They also have a Press Release for 2.18 The Fast and the Nerdiest here. Sounds like we might get some backstory on Cabe.

~Heidi
Old 02-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for those bits of info, Heidi!

Old 02-15-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

2.20 is called "Djbouti Call."

Someone is getting laid and my money is on Paige. (Well, I mean, considering Happy and Toby wouldn't be considered a booty call )

Old 02-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
2.20 is called "Djbouti Call."

Someone is getting laid and my money is on Paige. (Well, I mean, considering Happy and Toby wouldn't be considered a booty call )
So if Paige is getting laid, do you at least think Walter will be doing the laying? I'm not sure how I'd feel about Paige answering a booty call with anyone else.

I do think it can be considered a booty call, even with an established couple, if one goes to visit the other with only that specific intention in mind. Of course, with Happy and Toby it wouldn't be a big enough deal to warrant punning the title for.

~Heidi
Old 02-15-2016, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well that's Tim's first ep so that's why I was assuming Paige. Though maybe not since a writer said he's excited for Waige fans to see what's gonna happen with them "starting with episode 20" so unless he's hardcover trolling Paige probably doesn't sleep with Tim.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread