Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
OMG I laughed so hard when I saw your response, Heidi!! In spite of the heartbreaking news of Wally going on a date with ANOTHER WOMAN WHO IS NOT PAIGE, you made my night. THANK YOU!!! X'D

I sincerely hope this date wasn't Walter's idea.... I hope it was either against his will or something Toby set up as a JOKE, and then when he finds out about it, Paige, halfheartedly, gives Walter permission to go on this date because let's be honest.... Both Walter and Paige know of each other's feelings, and that hasn't changed. I just can't see him going on this date of his own will! DX
Yeah, without episode context it seems the only way he'd go on a date would be a futile attempt to move on...but Paige hasn't given him any indication that moving on is something he should do. So...I dunno.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah, without episode context it seems the only way he'd go on a date would be a futile attempt to move on...but Paige hasn't given him any indication that moving on is something he should do. So...I dunno.
I guess something will happen between them in 2x14 that will make them decide that they shouldn't be together in the future? Maybe something went wrong on the case, and because of their feelings for one another, logic was clouded and something screwed up as a result.... I just hope, whatever happens, my babies will find their way back again.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The first thing I attached to was that they had to save him from a bad date...
Old 01-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Press Release of 2x15 "Da Bomb"

Well, at least this has temporarily diverted all my worrying about the upcoming "Fractured" episode.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
OMG I laughed so hard when I saw your response, Heidi!! In spite of the heartbreaking news of Wally going on a date with ANOTHER WOMAN WHO IS NOT PAIGE, you made my night. THANK YOU!!! X'D

I sincerely hope this date wasn't Walter's idea.... I hope it was either against his will or something Toby set up as a JOKE, and then when he finds out about it, Paige, halfheartedly, gives Walter permission to go on this date because let's be honest.... Both Walter and Paige know of each other's feelings, and that hasn't changed. I just can't see him going on this date of his own will! DX
Maybe he just wants to practice being social and doesn't intend for it to be serious or lead anywhere. I can't really see Toby setting it up because he's always encouraged Walter to pursue Paige.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveScience (View Post)

Well, at least this has temporarily diverted all my worrying about the upcoming "Fractured" episode.
Not me I'm just worrying about all of it.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

It really catched me by suprise that he would really seriously date someone else.. I still hang with my theory, he wanted to make new friends and it accidently tunred into dating?
But he had dates before, so very strange...

Lorelai 2x04 - a road trip to Harvard
Old 01-08-2016, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

OK, wild speculation time. I was thinking about the upcoming episode titles on my way to work this morning and I came up with a crazy theory. So far, team Scorpion has always been successful in their missions. What if they aren't able to save Walter's date from that bomb? Imagine how guilty Walter would feel about failing to rescue her, not to mention if she was targeted because of her connection to him. He's already in a fragile state because of Megan's death and I could really see this just being too much for him. Maybe he shuts down or goes down the rabbit hole and either can't or refuses to work on cases for Homeland. Fractured could refer to both the state of the team as well as to Walter's psyche. Then in Adaptation the rest of the team might have to adapt to him not being there and figure out how to carry on while also attempting to help Walter deal with everything. If Paige plays a big part in helping Walter heal, I could actually see them growing closer. This might also explain Elyes having a different filming schedule than the rest of the cast.
Old 01-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

According to that press release, former Homeland Security director Merrick is in the episode. I wonder if he now works for NASA? Is he messing things up for the Scorpion team, or does he need their help?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
OK, wild speculation time. I was thinking about the upcoming episode titles on my way to work this morning and I came up with a crazy theory. So far, team Scorpion has always been successful in their missions. What if they aren't able to save Walter's date from that bomb? Imagine how guilty Walter would feel about failing to rescue her, not to mention if she was targeted because of her connection to him. He's already in a fragile state because of Megan's death and I could really see this just being too much for him. Maybe he shuts down or goes down the rabbit hole and either can't or refuses to work on cases for Homeland. Fractured could refer to both the state of the team as well as to Walter's psyche. Then in Adaptation the rest of the team might have to adapt to him not being there and figure out how to carry on while also attempting to help Walter deal with everything. If Paige plays a big part in helping Walter heal, I could actually see them growing closer. This might also explain Elyes having a different filming schedule than the rest of the cast.
This is so plausible that I'm now very worried.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2016, 07:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

Spoiler for a scene from Fractured, which explains at least one meaning of the title:

Katharine McPhee scrambles up a ladder for TV show Scorpion | Daily Mail Online

Old 01-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That would make a lot of sense. Even though he wouldn't have real feelings for her, he knew her personally and she'd be someone else who died because of him. That could really cause him to break.

Part of me wants this is that mean?

Old 01-09-2016, 11:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That would make a lot of sense. Even though he wouldn't have real feelings for her, he knew her personally and she'd be someone else who died because of him. That could really cause him to break.

It's not mean as long as it's a fictional character.

I agree, it makes a lot of sense that something like that would cause a break. As much as he's blamed himself for other deaths, those were pretty much anonymous to him. If it's someone he knows - that he has a face and a name for - it could cause real trauma.

~Heidi
Old 01-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I hope not, because I kinda want it too.

Elyes would knock it out of the park with a storyline like that and we'd get to see more of Toby and Paige working together to help him, which I really enjoyed in Dam Breakthrough.
Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's not mean as long as it's a fictional character.

I agree, it makes a lot of sense that something like that would cause a break. As much as he's blamed himself for other deaths, those were pretty much anonymous to him. If it's someone he knows - that he has a face and a name for - it could cause real trauma.
Exactly. We saw him grieving Megan, but he didn't ever actually blame himself for her death, even though up until the end he did believe he could save her. Because he's a smart man, he knows Megan's death wasn't his fault. BUT this, this would be his fault, and with the face and name, it could really rattle him.

I still feel kinda mean, but I just really want this, because as has been said, Elyes would blow us all away with material like that. His emotional angsty portrayal of Walter is one of my favorite things about the series (1.12, 1.21, 2.12 etc) and this would be a gold mine for him in terms of material.

And it would be a good way of doing something of this magnitude without having to kill off another character, even a recurring one, that we've all grown attached to.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread