Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2017, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remember on the actor on actor TBBT interviews when Kaley asked Johnny "what's your favorite thing about working with me?

What is your favorite fanfic you've ever read?
When can we expect an Internal Combustion update?
What is your favorite thing about working with me?
What is your favorite Scorpion fanfic you've read?
What is your favorite TBBT fanfic you've read?
What is your favorite Fringe fanfic you've read?
What is your favorite Mentalist fanfic you've read?

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Loyal Fan

What's it like living in DC?
Have you ever met a president? If so, who and on what occasion?
What's your favorite fanfic you've ever written (complete or incomplete)?
If you had a chance to meet the cast of Scorpion versus the cast of TBBT, which one would you meet? And why that one and not the other?
Any pets?
What is you favorite Scorpion episode?
Do you have a favorite random fact of knowledge?
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If you had a chance to meet the cast of Scorpion versus the cast of TBBT, which one would you meet? And why that one and not the other?
I'm going to spend the rest of the night trying to figure out what I'd answer to this.

Old 04-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sheesh! I thought filling out the mortgage application was tough!

What is your favorite fanfic you've ever read?

This is a tie, because I cannot decide between them. Both are from The X-Files fandom
  • The Magician Series by Suzanne Bickerstaffe and Jennifer Lyon.
  • Blinded By White Light by DashaK

When can we expect an Internal Combustion update?
As if work wasn't enough to keep me crazy, this house buying thing is nuts. But with luck I'll have the latest round of paperwork done by Friday. I really *need* to get some time off from all that mess, so I'm hoping for at least a chapter this coming weekend.

What is your favorite thing about working with me?
I love that you love picking this show to pieces as much as I do, and that you care about the characters so much. Analyzing the characters and the plots and speculating on what's coming is endlessly fascinating for me, but it's no fun if there isn't someone else who likes to do that just as much. I also like that your sense of humor can be sort of twisted - or at least my twisted sense of humor doesn't seem to bother you.

What is your favorite Scorpion fanfic you've read?

Definitely Silent Partners by ScorplinginTraining is my favorite Waige, but your In the Name of Science is my favorite AU and although there is a definite Waige lean to Serendipity, I consider that my favorite team fic.

What is your favorite TBBT fanfic you've read?

The Family Reunion Probability Theorem by Misophonia

What is your favorite Fringe fanfic you've read?

I actually haven't read much Fringe fanfic.

What is your favorite Mentalist fanfic you've read?

This I have to split up by ship:
Favorite Jane/Lisbon: Mr President by Donnamour1969
Favorite Wega: If I Can Leave Off Burying The White by WeBuiltThePyramids

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Do you have a favorite author?
Old 04-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't have any more questions right now just wanted to post again so you could answer Kim's without double posting.

Old 04-25-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What's it like living in DC?

Disclaimer - I don't actually live in DC, but close enough - I'm just across the river in Arlington. Living in this area has a lot of perks - free museums, free concerts and lots of other free events; hands down, THE BEST JULY 4TH FIREWORKS (which I can see from my patio); beautiful monuments and the cherry trees. The downside of that are the times when the city is choked with visitors, especially if you're trying to commute into the city. But you get used to that. When I was younger I joined in on a lot of those events. But these days, I pretty much steer clear of the city when the tourists descend.

Another thing you have to get used to living in DC is the fact that you live in a target city. That became very real on 9/11. You can't escape it, although I know people who never think of it (denial). I've also known people who are so bothered by it they wind up having to move away. I think the majority of DC folks are aware of it to the point that we prepare - we know our designated escape routes, we have plans for sheltering in place - and we know that if something does happen, we'll live through it or we won't - and worrying a lot about it won't change that.

It can be great fun to show my visiting friends around. Partially because visitors tend to be very much in awe about things I take for granted. Several years ago, a bunch of friends came to visit and we were downtown touring. We were about to cross Pennsylvania Ave when there were sirens all over and big black SUVs driving down the street. The presidential limo was in the middle, and we all saw President G. W. Bush and got to wave at him. My friends were totally star-struck. I was like "Eh... another motorcade." Been there, done that.

Honestly, I love this city and I am so going to miss it when I move. It's been my home for my entire adult life, and of all the places I lived growing up, this was the one place I wanted to come back to.

Have you ever met a president? If so, who and on what occasion?

Yes. Family lore has it that I was kissed by Eisenhower when I was a baby and he was visiting the Army base where my dad was stationed. I don't remember the event. I did meet Richard Nixon when he was campaigning in 1968. I was 12 and my brother was president of the Young Republicans club. I went to an event and got to meet him and shake his hand. I asked him something about the Vietnam War - at the time, my dad was stationed in Thailand and my brother was nearing draft age, and all that worried me. I don't recall exactly what his answer was, but I do remember him saying something about wanting to work towards ending the war.

I do have a streak where presidents are concerned. Excluding Trump, I have seen every president since Nixon in person. I almost missed Obama, but I saw him entering a hotel across the street from where I work for a fund-raising event during the last campaign.

What's your favorite fanfic you've ever written (complete or incomplete)?

That's a toss-up between Hot Head and Cold Feet and What A Long, Strange Trip.

Really tough choice. I'd love to meet the cast of TBBT - especially Jim Parsons - just because I think they'd be really friendly and fun. But I think I'd have to choose Scorpion because they are such a variety of personalities and backgrounds. I think it would be really interesting to talk to them and find out what they are like when they aren't playing geniuses.

Any pets?

Not at the moment. When I move I hope to get a dog, but I'm going to have my doctor check me for allergies, just in case. I'd hate to adopt a pet and have to give them up.

What is you favorite Scorpion episode?

Young Hearts Spark Fire - I can rewatch that one all day and still love it.

Do you have a favorite random fact of knowledge?

Yes - Does anyone remember the old IBM punch cards that were used in computers through most of the last century? They were invented by a guy named Herman Hollerith. The size of the card he invented was based on the size of the US dollar bill at the time. Since then, dollar bills changed to a smaller size and probably not many people have a clue what a punch card is.

~Heidi
Old 04-25-2017, 09:56 PM
Loyal Fan

What's your favorite movie?
Old 04-26-2017, 04:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you have a favorite author?

I have a few. My current favorite author is Diana Gabaldon. I love the Outlander series, I've read most of those books repeatedly. My lifetime favorite "casual" reading author is Anne McCaffrey. I've read almost everything she wrote and love all of her books. If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm very big into SciFi/Fantasy/Romance. But for more high-brow stuff, my lifetime favorite author is Fyodor Dostoyevsky. I started reading his works in high school and his work was part of the reason I majored in Russian in college. I wrote my senior thesis on him and read everything he wrote, some of it in Russian.

What's your favorite movie?

Lawrence of Arabia. It introduced me to two of my all-time favorite actors, Peter O'Toole and Omar Sharif.

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Other than Designated Survivor (just because we've already talked about that) what is a show that you know that I don't watch and you really think I should/would like?
If you're in a doctor's waiting room in the middle of the day and had the remote to the television, what day time program would you look for to watch?

Old 04-26-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Other than Designated Survivor (just because we've already talked about that) what is a show that you know that I don't watch and you really think I should/would like?

The only other show I watch regularly that I don't think you already watch is Elementary. And I'm not sure it's one I would recommend to you because although Sherlock has an interesting strong female sidekick in Joan Watson, Sherlock himself could be easily misconstrued in a way that would make me fear for the health of your television or computer. He's brilliant, and like S1 Walter O'Brien, he eschews all emotional attachments - especially love. It's pretty obvious, however, that he has been in love. And unlike Walter, there is very little that is endearing about Sherlock. He could be easily taken for a misogynist, except I don't think it's that he doesn't like women - rather he doesn't like anyone. He does have encounters with women for the purpose of sex - but that's about it. Just the same there is a significant following for a Joan/Sherlock ship (JoanLock) - although there's precious little canon evidence of anything other than a great friendship. Elementary is also officially in its last season.

If I watched it more often, I might recommend Criminal Minds - Beyond Borders. I binged the first half-season and found it a more interesting and less gruesome version of Criminal Minds. But it too, is on the chopping block.

If you're in a doctor's waiting room in the middle of the day and had the remote to the television, what day time program would you look for to watch?

If I'm watching television during the day, it's Netflix or perhaps something on the History Channel. I find most talk shows stupid and boring, if not borderline insane - especially the Maury / Dr. Phil / Jerry Springer type shows. I was once addicted to a soap opera and it took drastic events to get me disconnected, so I would never recommend one of those. So if I have to sit in a waiting room, I'll probably put on my headphones and watch my phone.

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually watch Criminal Minds Beyond Boarders. Though two seasons in and I still don't know what Alana's character is really named, I just refer to her as Molina.

When do you think you'll be caught up on work stuff? (This is not a 'read my fics' tease I'm legitimately wondering because I know it's stressful for you)
What's your favorite season?

Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When do you think you'll be caught up on work stuff? (This is not a 'read my fics' tease I'm legitimately wondering because I know it's stressful for you)

<sigh> There are certainly times it feels like it won't let up until I retire. It will probably ease up significantly in June or July when we move into intensive testing. I'll still be involved in that somewhat, but mostly my job will be to write technical documentation to help support the system in years to come. That's a bit like writing fic all day - only it's boring and you can't include any smut.

It is stressful, and although there has been a LOT of pressure these past few months, it's really something that I thrive on - to a point. I vent about it a lot, but most of the time, I really, seriously love my job.

What's your favorite season?

Season 1. Most of my "rewatch forever" episodes are in Season 1 and it just seems to be the one with the most consistently excellent episodes. There are definitely stand-out episodes in the other seasons, and incredible moments, but in S1 there are only 2 or 3 episodes that I'm not crazy about. And it's not even that I dislike those. I just don't like them as much as I love the other episodes.

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok I'm laughing at your second answer because that's not what I meant so I'm gonna ask it again.

Do you prefer spring, summer, fall, or winter?

Old 04-26-2017, 06:44 PM
Loyal Fan

What has been the hardest fic you've ever written when it comes to subject matter? Why?
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread