Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2018, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
In the little story I wrote (She Always Did) I had Walter tell her about the "I'm being blunt, it's part of my charm," line from the dream, she wasn't impressed.
Happy is usually pretty realistic about her own personality - but she doesn't always take well to others pointing out her less appealing quirks.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do like how dream!Happy was just owning it though. It actually reminded me of Walter's thing about not focusing on athletics.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It just shows how well Walter knows Happy. He knows she doesn't try to hide who she is.

~Heidi
Old 01-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that all really came through in the Christmas ep.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:35 AM
Absolute Fan

It showed how much Walter knows and cares about the whole team. He's not very good at showing it, but Happy is probably the one person who doesn't need him to show her because she just knows.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There's an irony in the fact that the two most emotionally challenged people on the team have the most emotionally stable friendship.

~Heidi
Old 01-15-2018, 03:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
There's an irony in the fact that the two most emotionally challenged people on the team have the most emotionally stable friendship.
That's so true. Their friendship is very special.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Truth. I really enjoy seeing their friendship and all the ways it manifests.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I may be reading into things, but I thought I saw a lot of evidence of Walter's silent support of Happy in last night's episode. I see this often with them, when one is going through something and the other gives a sort of silent support with just a caring look. They each know the other doesn't like their problems to be public, and typically don't want to discuss them - even with close friends. But there's a special look they give that says "I know you're hurting, and I know you'll work through this, but you have my support and I'm here if you need me."

~Heidi
Old 01-19-2018, 01:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I may be reading into things, but I thought I saw a lot of evidence of Walter's silent support of Happy in last night's episode. I see this often with them, when one is going through something and the other gives a sort of silent support with just a caring look. They each know the other doesn't like their problems to be public, and typically don't want to discuss them - even with close friends. But there's a special look they give that says "I know you're hurting, and I know you'll work through this, but you have my support and I'm here if you need me."
Definitely. That's how Happy and Walter's friendship works, in total contrast to Paige and Toby's friendship where they ask each other outright if they're feeling OK, talk through problems and offer words of support.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really love how Walter looked at Happy when they went into the trash compactor, assuming that Toby was dead. He obviously realized how she was hurting, and although I don't think he knew quite what to do, he was ready to step in and hold her, or do whatever she needed.

~Heidi
Old 01-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I really love how Walter looked at Happy when they went into the trash compactor, assuming that Toby was dead. He obviously realized how she was hurting, and although I don't think he knew quite what to do, he was ready to step in and hold her, or do whatever she needed.
Those few seconds were heartbreaking all round. One of the highlights of the episode.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The drama lover in me almost wishes they had drawn out that scene a bit longer before Toby turned up alive. I would love to see more of Jadyn's abilities in a scene like that and I'd love to see Walter trying to support her as she pretty much falls apart.

Yes - sometimes when it comes to characters I love, I can be a bit of a sadist. But that sort of thing just really highlights the abilities of excellent performers.

~Heidi
Old 05-26-2020, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this thread just as a reminder that it's here.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's nice how well this friendship was managed. By that I mean even though they were married, the show never tried to put any actual romantic feelings between them. They were supportive of each other, kicked each other's butts when needed, but never seemed to have any thoughts of bumping parts.

I don't even recall seeing much, if any, fanfiction with Happy and Walter as a couple. I'm sure there's probably some, but it's not like it because an issue with the fandom.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread