Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh. I want to fic this now.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Weddings are full of traditions that are at best archaic - and sometimes downright horrifying. They'd be great material for Happy and Walter to trade factoids.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Weddings are full of traditions that are at best archaic - and sometimes downright horrifying. They'd be great material for Happy and Walter to trade factoids.
I absolutely hate a lot of the wedding traditions because of their roots in sexism and women being treated as property. (Like I have no plans to get married, but as much as I love my dad, I am giving myself away if I ever get married. That tradition literally comes from one man (her dad) passing the woman off to another man (the groom) and I am not taking part in that grossness, even if nowadays it's more of a sweet parent/child moment.)

Old 04-06-2017, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would not have minded having my dad walk me down the aisle, but nobody is giving me away. A friend of mine had her dad walk her just to the front pew of the church. The did the hug and kiss thing, but then she walked the rest of the way up to the alter and her groom on her own. It really gave the impression that she was parting from her parents - but she was her own woman.

~Heidi
Old 04-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I would not have minded having my dad walk me down the aisle, but nobody is giving me away. A friend of mine had her dad walk her just to the front pew of the church. The did the hug and kiss thing, but then she walked the rest of the way up to the alter and her groom on her own. It really gave the impression that she was parting from her parents - but she was her own woman.
I like that. A lot.

Old 04-07-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I like that. A lot.
Considering this was back in 1979, it was sort of progressive.

I cannot imagine Happy allowing anyone to give her away, but she certainly seemed to want her dad to walk her down the aisle. I wonder if she'll pick one of her Dudes to do that. The likely choice would be Cabe - but I can see her picking Walter.

~Heidi
Old 04-07-2017, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Considering this was back in 1979, it was sort of progressive.

I cannot imagine Happy allowing anyone to give her away, but she certainly seemed to want her dad to walk her down the aisle. I wonder if she'll pick one of her Dudes to do that. The likely choice would be Cabe - but I can see her picking Walter.
If going by pure closeness, she'd go with Walter, but I think she'd go with Cabe because he's in the father role in her life right now.

Old 04-08-2017, 01:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson

I think she would pick Cabe also.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Cadenf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I find it curious that Happy and Walter are seen as the most "robotic", and so it's easy to imagine that they are friends because they are both pragmatic and unemotional. But I think one of the things that makes their friendship so special is that they each understand how deeply the other person's emotions really run. They see in each other what lies beneath the surface - and they respect the boundaries they have to raise in order to protect themselves.

~Heidi
Old 10-15-2017, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to cross post this in the fanfic thread, but ScorplingInTraining wrote another brilliant one today. It is based off of the first sneak peek for tomorrow's episode, so don't click if you don't want to know, but it has some really sweet Happy/Walter related stuff in it that kinda made me melt. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1268976...he-Machine-ist

Old 10-16-2017, 01:28 AM
Absolute Fan

I hope it's something like that and we're not disappointed by a boring, or totally out of character reason. What's so special about Happy and Walter's friendship to me is that they understand each other on such a deep level that they don't need to say a lot to each other, they don't need to vocalise their thoughts and feelings, they just 'get' each other. It makes for a wonderful friendship, but it does make it challenging to portray on screen (although Elyes and Jadyn do a fantastic job) and also difficult to write about (for me, anyway!)
Old 10-24-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved how Walter knew that it was Happy in the Morse Code because of her use of "idiot." Also nice callback to 2.04 when we found out Walter learned it on the submarine.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the Walter/Happy we got last ep. Him wanting her help with the song, her advice, and when he asked if she trusted him and she said "probably more than I should."

Old 11-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love all their moments - but especially when they are talking about things neither of them is comfortable with. It's the blind leading the blind, but it works, probably because they both understand just how difficult certain things are for them.

~Heidi
Old 11-20-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love all their moments - but especially when they are talking about things neither of them is comfortable with. It's the blind leading the blind, but it works, probably because they both understand just how difficult certain things are for them.
Yes, agree. Sometimes them figuring it out together is going to work out better than them taking direction, since their brains tend to work in tandem.

Reply   Post New Thread