Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wonder if Walter will go have a talk with Happy - when he gets back from Tahoe, of course - to intercede a bit between her and Toby. Not exactly his comfort zone, but he might feel it's the right thing to do.
I guess I could see him doing that - returning the favor for Happy encouraging him to take a chance with Paige - but honestly, I hope it doesn't come to that. I'd really like to see Happy going to Toby and initiating a conversation with him on her own.
Old 05-04-2016, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I do hope Toby and Happy have a talk pretty soon - and at least work out that they are going to work through this together.

I'm just thinking that Walter may have a cascade of emotional awareness as part of his breakthrough with Paige. He may return from Tahoe realizing that he left two friends in extreme pain, and decide he needs to do something about it. He knows the only thing that will help Toby is to get Happy back - so he goes to talk to Happy.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm just thinking that Walter may have a cascade of emotional awareness as part of his breakthrough with Paige. He may return from Tahoe realizing that he left two friends in extreme pain, and decide he needs to do something about it. He knows the only thing that will help Toby is to get Happy back - so he goes to talk to Happy.
Yeah, I can picture that and it would definitely show emotional growth on Walter's part. I guess I'm just hoping that the writers use this storyline to show how much Happy's changed. Instead of putting up walls and needing someone else to reach out to her, I'd like to see her decide on her own that she wants to face this situation head-on because her relationships with Toby and the rest of the team are worth it.
Old 05-05-2016, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I definitely want Toby and Happy to work this out. I'm just thinking Walter may decide to try to be "helpful". He might also feel bad about all the stuff he said about their relationship not being good for Scorpion.

Of course, neither Walter nor Happy are big talkers, so it may not happen.

~Heidi
Old 05-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I have to admit, it would be pretty funny to see Walter initiate a conversation with Happy about her romantic relationship, and to suddenly be supportive and enthusiastic about it, since she wasn't privy to his realization about his feelings for Paige. She would probably be thinking, "who are you, and what have you done with Walter."
Old 05-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I have to admit, it would be pretty funny to see Walter initiate a conversation with Happy about her romantic relationship, and to suddenly be supportive and enthusiastic about it, since she wasn't privy to his realization about his feelings for Paige. She would probably be thinking, "who are you, and what have you done with Walter."
I didn't even think that Happy might have no idea that Walter had such an epiphany. Yep - it would totally throw her to have Walter suddenly become Mr. Relationship Advisor!

~Heidi
Old 05-17-2016, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my gosh, that would be hilarious.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

With this week's episode, and the gem of a scene we got (see the YouTube insert), we should bump this thread up and take advantage of the opportunity to discuss this amazing friendship.

Those of us who grew up with When Harry Met Sally know the great debate over whether men and women can really be friends. I think Walter and Happy make it very apparent that they can. These two have no attraction to each other - no romantic thoughts at all. They are pretty much never demonstrative. Yet it's obvious they have an incredibly deep friendship. Either one of them would do absolutely anything for the other. Walter is willing to allow himself to be deported - killing his business, giving up all his friends and his life as he knows it to ensure that Happy has the family and the love that she deserves. And he talks about her being selfless! Although granted, she is. She was willing to marry him - putting any possibility of a love marriage for herself at best on hold - but also risking her own freedom. Now, she's adamant that they NOT do anything to jeopardize his citizenship or his residency in the US, despite the now very, very high stakes.

~Heidi
Old 10-26-2016, 07:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well put, Heidi. I adore their friendship. There were some posts over on tumblr expressing discontent with how open they portrayed Happy with Walter in comparison to how she's been with Toby, but they have such a unique relationship. Happy can be open with Walt in a way that's not really easy, and frankly not really the same as with Toby.

As much as I think we need some good Happy/Toby scenes just between the two of them, especially now, we rarely get Walter/Happy scenes like this and so they are like little gems. There is so much to be explored within their friendship, and I hope we get to see more this season.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

That is one of my all-time favorite scenes from any season of Scorpion. Happy and Walter have shown the depth of their friendship in past episodes, and this scene was just perfect.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love literally everything you've been saying. A big YES to the point about how this is the PERFECT example of "men and women can just be friends."

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for bumping Heidi. Loved that scene!
Old 10-28-2016, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After that end scene, though, I wonder if they are having any regrets.

Just kidding.

~Heidi
Old 10-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
After that end scene, though, I wonder if they are having any regrets.
They've made their bed and now they'll have to lie in it...literally.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just hope that inspector doesn't do any early morning surprise visits and find Toby's bed on the floor!

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread