Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2017, 06:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Happy Quinn / Jadyn Wong Appreciation Thread #2 - "I'm sorry, am I not scaling the building by hand fast enough for you?"

Happy Quinn / Jadyn Wong Appreciation Thread

** Supporters **
1. WeBuiltThePyramids
2. FoxPhile
3. What's a hickey?
4. Just A Dream
5. KeepThisaSecret
6. Si_Crazy
7. *OldHollywoodStarlet*
8. FauxDetective

** Previous Threads **
Happy Quinn / Jadyn Wong Appreciation Thread #1 - Because she's Happy Frickin' Quinn {31-Aug-2015}

sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great job opening, Heidi! TFTNT!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Anna! Hopefully we'll get lots more great Happy moments to discuss in this shiny new thread.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope so! End of the season certainly has potential, and this has been a very strong season for Jadyn in general.

Old 03-13-2017, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

What I'd really love to see is some follow-up on the stories we've seen so far - like is she completely over the false pregnancy? It seems obvious that started her thinking about something she probably never dreamed she'd have. How does she feel about that now. Also, her dad? Has she really forgiven Cabe for his part in that? How does she feel about her dad? Is she angry with him? Does she visit him? Has she written him out of her life.

Inquiring minds want to know.

~Heidi
Old 03-13-2017, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
What I'd really love to see is some follow-up on the stories we've seen so far - like is she completely over the false pregnancy? It seems obvious that started her thinking about something she probably never dreamed she'd have. How does she feel about that now. Also, her dad? Has she really forgiven Cabe for his part in that? How does she feel about her dad? Is she angry with him? Does she visit him? Has she written him out of her life.

Inquiring minds want to know.
I really wanted to have more emotional fallout over the false pregnancy. And I feel like her crying in Cabe's arms was supposed to be showing she forgave him, but the way it was done, it's like "okay she was breaking and he was who was there." It's not like she had a choice to cry in anyone else's arms. There has to be more residual, complicated feelings over that. But we're not seeing them. And that's frustrating. As much as I love all the emotional stuff we're getting from Happy this season, we should be getting more of it.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I really wanted to have more emotional fallout over the false pregnancy. And I feel like her crying in Cabe's arms was supposed to be showing she forgave him, but the way it was done, it's like "okay she was breaking and he was who was there." It's not like she had a choice to cry in anyone else's arms. There has to be more residual, complicated feelings over that. But we're not seeing them. And that's frustrating. As much as I love all the emotional stuff we're getting from Happy this season, we should be getting more of it.
Yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a bit greedy wanting more since we've gotten such great moments from her this season. But it's exactly those moments that have left me wanting more. Not just because they were great - but because they pose so many questions.

In season 1 we got such a nice sort of complete arc for her - we found out about her dad leaving; then we found out she had tracked him down; then we had the revelation that he knew she was his daughter. And then in S2 she turned to him for help - both for a case and for dealing with some of her feelings about her life and wanting a normal relationship. I know some folks don't care for Patrick, but the story arc itself was nice - there was continuation and follow-up. This season it feels like they drop these little bombshells and then they do it again - drop them never to pick them back up again.

~Heidi
Old 03-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
This season it feels like they drop these little bombshells and then they do it again - drop them never to pick them back up again.
It's not just this season - Walter's brain was all healed up after 2.01 and he never had any residual nervousness in vehicles, Sly and the pediatric ward got completely dropped, etc. This is the first time I feel there's been huge amounts of this kind of dropping Happy's story, though I personally would have preferred to see her and her father working on repairing their relationship after 1.12, since I doubt all the feelings of abandonment went away when she heard his story, there had to have been some residual stuff that they worked through.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agreed. They made such a point that Happy had been harboring these feelings of abandonment - all because of her father. And they made a point that she didn't want to see him because if it. That's a whole lot of resentment. Then come Christmas, all is fine and she's suddenly Daddy's girl. It's likely, of course, that when she was open to a reconciliation or she wouldn't have written that card and she wouldn't have gone to see him. But there should have been some discussion between them - and even a bit of vacillation on her part as she tries to work out whether she really can forgive him.

~Heidi
Old 03-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, like I didn't find anything 1.01-1.12 as weird. But the fact that we never saw Patrick again until 2.04, I wanted more scenes of them in S1 in his shop where they at least had some talks. I'm certain it happened, but we didn't get to see it.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If Happy visits Patrick - on screen, I mean - that would be a great opportunity for us to get a glimpse at what that process might have been. I think they will need to rehash some of that in order to rebuild whatever level of trust they had.

~Heidi
Old 03-17-2017, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If Happy visits Patrick - on screen, I mean - that would be a great opportunity for us to get a glimpse at what that process might have been. I think they will need to rehash some of that in order to rebuild whatever level of trust they had.
That's true, but I still feel like we've left the window to see the really meaty stuff of that topic.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

If only we could have a (near) case-less episode about Happy and all this. I would love that so much. And for that matter, something similar for the rest of them. Just the nicks foregoing the actual world saving part and addressing all this lol.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheisagenius (View Post)
If only we could have a (near) case-less episode about Happy and all this. I would love that so much. And for that matter, something similar for the rest of them. Just the nicks foregoing the actual world saving part and addressing all this lol.
We were hoping for something like that in 3.01 but alas we got that disaster instead.

Old 03-18-2017, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheisagenius (View Post)
Yes, that would be great. They must get the occasional break from all that world-saving, right?

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread