Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 10:39 PM
Loyal Fan

So Happy was locked in the hospital cafeteria with both a rare and delightful fungus as well as a rare and not-so-delightful fungus.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My brave little angel
Old 11-25-2015, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
So Happy was locked in the hospital cafeteria with both a rare and delightful fungus as well as a rare and not-so-delightful fungus.
This is Tumblr worthy content.

Old 11-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That's a parallel I'd love to see giffed!

~Heidi
Old 11-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Happy describing labor to that father was perfect, although I was actually a little surprised she was so calm in the situation given that her own mother died during childbirth.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Happy describing labor to that father was perfect, although I was actually a little surprised she was so calm in the situation given that her own mother died during childbirth.
I actually didn't think of that, that would have been interesting to see her get rattled about it, though she does like numbers and the rate of maternal death in childbirth in the U.S. is incredibly low, so with the way her brain works, I guess it doesn't surprise me too much - it still would have been intersting to see.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Facts and science are how Happy controls her fear. So it's not surprising that she would spout facts in a very clinical manner in that situation. It's also very much like Happy to learn everything she can about childbirth in an effort to better understand why her mother died - and left her effectively alone.

~Heidi
Old 11-27-2015, 10:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I actually didn't think of that, that would have been interesting to see her get rattled about it, though she does like numbers and the rate of maternal death in childbirth in the U.S. is incredibly low, so with the way her brain works, I guess it doesn't surprise me too much - it still would have been intersting to see.
Yeah, it's not that I would expect her to completely panic, but I was thinking she would definitely be hyper-aware of the fact that if there were complications, there was little they could do about it while locked in the cafeteria with no medical supplies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Facts and science are how Happy controls her fear. So it's not surprising that she would spout facts in a very clinical manner in that situation. It's also very much like Happy to learn everything she can about childbirth in an effort to better understand why her mother died - and left her effectively alone.
That's a great point. It makes a lot of sense that her mother's death would be the reason she was so knowledgeable in the subject. And since facts are calming to her, it didn't occur to her that they wouldn't work to calm down the father as well.
Old 11-27-2015, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Now I'm thinking it's possible she considered working in that field at some point.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Now I'm thinking it's possible she considered working in that field at some point.
She certainly showed a lot of enthusiasm when she was talking about it!
Old 11-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's not really a far stretch. If you consider that the human body is, in many ways, a very complex machine - then medicine would be right up her alley. But I suspect she knew from an early age that she wanted to play with grease and metal machines, not blood and flesh ones.

If she had an interest in medicine at some point, it might be part of her attraction to Toby.

~Heidi
Old 11-27-2015, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's not really a far stretch. If you consider that the human body is, in many ways, a very complex machine - then medicine would be right up her alley. But I suspect she knew from an early age that she wanted to play with grease and metal machines, not blood and flesh ones.

If she had an interest in medicine at some point, it might be part of her attraction to Toby.
Yeah, and since Toby's career choice was based on his family struggles, I could see her relating to him in that way too - even though she ultimately chose to go with actual machines.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

The scene where Happy was standing alone at the sorority mixer, unable to socialize with the other girls, and the one later where she was looking at her reflection and asking herself why she can't be normal were heartbreaking. It's hard to know sometimes what she's thinking and feeling, but this episode showed that there is a part of her that wants to be more open and let others into her life.

I think even without her difficult childhood, she would probably have a hard enough time in social situations because she's a true introvert, but her father giving her up and her time in foster care left her with such a big shield that she has trouble opening up to even the people she's closest to. It was great to see her make the choice to let Toby in, even if it was just for one dance.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

All of that
Old 12-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The scene where Happy was standing alone at the sorority mixer, unable to socialize with the other girls, and the one later where she was looking at her reflection and asking herself why she can't be normal were heartbreaking. It's hard to know sometimes what she's thinking and feeling, but this episode showed that there is a part of her that wants to be more open and let others into her life.

I think even without her difficult childhood, she would probably have a hard enough time in social situations because she's a true introvert, but her father giving her up and her time in foster care left her with such a big shield that she has trouble opening up to even the people she's closest to. It was great to see her make the choice to let Toby in, even if it was just for one dance.
Yeah, agreed. And I hope she's able to realize that it's okay if she's not 'normal', that she shouldn't have to wish that she could be like 'everyone else' but just to surround herself with people that love her for who she is. And she does have that - Scorpion House.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread