Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2017, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah we're probably gonna get smoothies and nap.
That actually sounds great. My best friend and I get together maybe once every 3 years or so and we spend most of the time hanging out rewatching our favorite TV series. She's the one who introduced me to JAG and we watched all ten seasons from beginning to end on one of her visits.

~Heidi
Old 02-18-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The friend I saw a few days ago, we literally watched YouTube videos and talked. Those are the best friends, IMO, the ones that you can do other things with but you don't have to.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Busy day today - I recorded two podcast episodes, goofed off with my horse, picked up my glasses, and then Heidi and Kim and I published our fic collab. It doesn't sound like much but with my chronic fatigue I am EXHAUSTED and I gotta be up until 11 to watch Scorpion.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hear you! Today was supposed to be a holiday, but I did a bunch of catch-up work; spent an hours talking on the phone with my brother about a house I'm interested in - plus worked on the collab. I'm going to take a nap between now and 10pm, if I can.

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have a good nap, then!

American Ninja Warrior is on from 8-10 so I can't nap.

Old 02-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is why I try very hard not to get sucked into any more shows than I already am.

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ninja has been going on for years this falls in the "already am" category.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since there are shows that I used to love, but have fallen off watching, being in the "already am" category isn't a guarantee for me. Although in most cases, I've stopped watching somewhat because I lost interest.

There are a number of shows I pick up here and there on streaming. But Scorpion and TBBT are the only shows that I must watch while they air.

~Heidi
Old 02-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, those are the only two for me, too.

Old 02-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

In recent weeks I've not been able to watch all the Scorpion episodes live, but Scorpion is the one show at the moment that I do try to always watch when it airs.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's a frustrating time of year for me again. Roxanne and I still have our podcast, we're still listed as press on the Comic Con website, we don't even have to verify ourselves this year. And for the past three years I've planned to go with her, and for the past three years I haven't been able to afford it (our badges are free because we're press, but it's the flight that I haven't been able to swing) and even though I'm back at my parents' house, and am not paying rent, I've been really, really sick (mentally) and haven't been able to work, which means I'm still paying about $250 a month for student loans without any income, which also means I can't pay off my credit cards (so my balances get bigger every month because I still have expenses) and so I'm about positive I won't be able to go this year either. And it's really hard to constantly, year after year, have a badge, get to actually attend the con totally free, but not actually be able to get there. I haven't cried over it this year yet, but I'm sure I will as we get closer, because I have every year before.

I'll definitely have a job by then, because I can go back to my old one once it opens, but I more than likely still won't be able to justify SDCC. And it's frustrating because all I need is to be able to afford the damn flight.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's awful, Nicole. To be so close and have to pass it up year after year. I hope you somehow find a way to do it.

~Heidi
Old 02-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
That's awful, Nicole. To be so close and have to pass it up year after year. I hope you somehow find a way to do it.
I hope so. I'm trying to get some shifts at the winery that's on the farm I worked at, before my full time starts in May. I just hate that I can't help but get my hopes up each year to be let down.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Waiting for the rain to start. Right now it's almost 80 degrees and the sun is still shining through the clouds. But there are some dark thunderheads moving in. This is supposed to be quite a storm. I'm a weather geek, so I'm excited!

~Heidi
Old 02-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Waiting for the rain to start. Right now it's almost 80 degrees and the sun is still shining through the clouds. But there are some dark thunderheads moving in. This is supposed to be quite a storm. I'm a weather geek, so I'm excited!
We had it all last night so there was limited viewing/listening, but I do always sleep really well in thunderstorms and thankfully no tornados touched down so it turned out to be pretty nice.

We were at 75 degrees yesterday and now it's high 30s, so the barometers were probably going nuts last night.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread