Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love our well water - which is not a sentence you hear often. But I travel by car so much, I can't cart around that much bottled up well water, so more often than not when I travel I have to get it bottled.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really don't like drinking water either, it actually makes me feel nauseous unless it's ice cold. I usually take a large drinking bottle of water with me to work...flavoured with lemon squash...and I maybe get through half in a six hour shift which is really not enough!
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:03 PM
Elite Fan

I got the first water+sewer bill for my new house last week. I almost fell off my chair. I'm not actually living there yet - I'm having work done on the house. So there is very little water being used; only 100 gallons in 2 months. But they have a minimum charge AND they charge a lot for sewer service because they recently had to upgrade their facilities. Looking at the bill, I realized I could buy 100 gallons of water at Walmart for less money.

Of course, that's one of the downsides of buying a house and not actually living there right away. You don't want to turn all the services off - because you do need them when you're there. But it's rather expensive with the minimum charges.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

When do you think you'll be moving in, Heidi?

I got another tattoo yesterday. Until I was 20 I hated tattoos, I got my first at 22, and now I'm 24 and have 5. Oops.

Old 09-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
When do you think you'll be moving in, Heidi?

I got another tattoo yesterday. Until I was 20 I hated tattoos, I got my first at 22, and now I'm 24 and have 5. Oops.
My lease here is up in April, so I'll probably move sometime around mid-March. Most of the work that I want to do on the house will be done starting in December, because that's when I'll have the finances to manage it. I've got big plans In the meantime, I'm hoping to go down there a few times for vacations. I have one bedroom outfitted so that I can stay there and I've got a few things in the kitchen.

I saw the tattoo. It's cool that you've got tattoos for so many of your favorite things - Hamilton, Scorpion, and now horses. I think one of the other ones is from Rent?

~Heidi
Old 09-21-2017, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is so exciting. Like, I'm super stoked about this for you.

Yep, first one is Carpenters lyrics (that helped me when my depression was bad), second was Rent, third was Hamilton, fourth was Scorpion, fifth was American Pharoah.

Old 09-22-2017, 07:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yep, first one is Carpenters lyrics (that helped me when my depression was bad), second was Rent, third was Hamilton, fourth was Scorpion, fifth was American Pharoah.
Can I ask what your Scorpion related tattoo is? If it's too personal I understand, I'm just being nosey!
Old 09-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Can I ask what your Scorpion related tattoo is? If it's too personal I understand, I'm just being nosey!
It says "Buckle up, Nerd" and it's on my hip. Here it is on my Tumblr.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Happy Autumnal Equinox

~Heidi
Old 09-22-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And it was so hot here today.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Same here. It was very cool and fall-like a couple weeks ago, but that didn't last.

~Heidi
Old 09-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's so bad for business. No one wants to come to an orchard in the fall in 90 degrees. And the people that do come are in awful moods. And I like being outside, but I do not like being outside for 11 hours a day in 90 degrees in long pants. Especially not in September.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:14 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
It says "Buckle up, Nerd" and it's on my hip. Here it is on my Tumblr.
Excellent!
Old 09-23-2017, 08:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's so bad for business. No one wants to come to an orchard in the fall in 90 degrees. And the people that do come are in awful moods. And I like being outside, but I do not like being outside for 11 hours a day in 90 degrees in long pants. Especially not in September.
I can understand that. There are a bunch of places around here that are doing Oktoberfest this weekend. It's nice a sunny, but it's also hot and that just doesn't the right thing for Oktoberfest.

~Heidi
Old 09-23-2017, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I come in at 11 on Saturdays because I ride 9-10, but I called in to the barn on Thursday so I could just have a few more hours in the cool house over exerting myself outside and then going to my outdoor job. Tomorrow one of us two register market people are coming in at 8 and the other at 11, but I got to pick who so despite the heat I'm going in at 8 because 1. More hours and 2. The other girl is under 18 (everyone in my area is except me) And if two under 18s come in at the same time they have to go to lunch at the same time and then we are short staffed.

Reply   Post New Thread