Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A college teammate of mine, her sister lives in the Virgin Islands and their house is completely flattened. Her roommates were there but survived; she fled to Northern Florida last week. These storms are so terrifying.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

I have two friends who live in Florida now, but they are both from the midwest and have never dealt with hurricanes. One of them, thank goodness, is in Ohio this week by coincidence. The other one kept posting that he didn't know if he should leave or not - he lives right on the coast! I felt like screaming "Get out of there!" Thankfully on Friday he left because there's a mandatory evacuation in his area.

I've lived on the East Coast all my life, and I've been through a few hurricanes. Category 2 or 3 - especially once they hit land - are pretty wild and they can do some damage, but if you hunker down you'll probably be all right. But a Cat 4 or 5? Get outta Dodge! That's when you don't worry about your house or your car or whatever you own. You grab your pets and your family and a few things that can't be replaced and you leave if you possibly can.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

The amount of natural disaster type stuff that has been happening recently is insane. It's just one storm or fire or flood after another.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The earth is protesting the existence of humans. (I am only half joking.)

Old 09-12-2017, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

It does seem as though Mother Earth is not happy right now.

~Heidi
Old 09-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so annoyed at this one girl at work. She's a new hire, a teenager, and all she does is get other people to do her work for her. I keep telling her that she needs to do her job, and she goes right back to bossing people around (she is my subordinate, I am area head in the market and have worked there since 2007, and she just started working right before Labor Day). Today she even asked A CUSTOMER to do something for her. I have had it up to here *makes motion above head* but we're already so short staffed that even though she only does half of what she's supposed to do if we fire her that's even more work for the rest of us.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

That's a nasty situation, Nicole. Folks like that seem to turn up a lot, and they often get away with it because, bad as they are, they are still a warm body that manages to do *some* work. It's particularly bad if she's bothering customers to do things for her.

~Heidi
Old 09-17-2017, 02:26 PM
Dedicated Fan

We have a similar situation with night staff where I work - because it's not easy to find people who want to work nights they'll employ anyone who'll agree to do the hours, no matter that they're not actually any good at the job! Then the rest of us are left to pick up the pieces in the morning.
Cyclone139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Gotta love it, huh?

Today I'm off, but I'm babysitting my friend's four month old. She's a single mom and is in school right now so I'm helping her watch him on my days off. Thankfully he's a pretty chill kid, haha.

Old 09-18-2017, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

One of the developers I work with is like that. Part of my job is to give developers the requirements for the programs they write. Most of them, you give them a general outline and they figure out how to make it work. This one person, I have literally had to write entire sections for her. She won't put in the effort to figure out anything for herself.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2017, 04:57 PM
Elite Fan

I've been trying to drink more water. I fill up two 1-liter bottles every day and drink until I've finished them. I feel like I'm going to float away.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am the only person in my immediate family who drinks enough water naturally - I used to actually drink too much, and got deficiencies because of it.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

I actively dislike water. Most people say it doesn't have a taste, but to me, it does - and it's bad. But if it's ice cold I can get it down. And even in just a few days, I've noticed some differences, like my skin is not as dry.

This isn't the first time I've done this, so I'm not sure how long it will last.

~Heidi
Old 09-20-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of course water has a taste! That's why I hate Ice Mountain, Arrow, Absopure, and Nestle water (though Nestle I hate also because of its contribution to droughts). And it's why I love SmartWater, Aquafina, and Dasani, because it tastes good, and doesn't upset my stomach.

Old 09-20-2017, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

Mostly I drink filtered tap water. Since I don't like it anyway, I have a real hard time paying extra to buy it in a bottle. But I do like some sparkling waters, and there are a few still bottled waters that aren't too bad. At work I usually get Poland Springs because the only way to get cold water at work is to buy it from the vending machines.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread