Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2017, 07:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Sometimes it is easier to be IN a wedding and not have to worry about what to wear!

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 04-15-2017, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Sometimes it is easier to be IN a wedding and not have to worry about what to wear!
That is very true. And someone else will be doing my hair and makeup for me instead of me having to do it myself. I know we're getting something material too, but as part of our bridesmaid's gift Emilie's mother is paying for our hair and makeup.

Old 04-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

I love when someone does my hair and makeup! That is nice that you don't have to pay for it!

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 04-16-2017, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The wedding sounds exciting! I love any excuse to have someone else do my hair, since about the most I can do well is wash it and brush it out.

I'm back from my house-hunting trip and it looks like I may have bagged one! I made an offer on Thursday and accepted the seller's counter-offer on Friday. I have to wait until Monday to hear if the seller has officially signed the contract, since the seller's agent is at the beach this weekend. But, assuming that happens and all the inspections and such go through, I'll be buying a house on June 19th.

It's exciting - but I'm also shaking in my boots, since I've never owned a house. Fortunately, my brother has done this twice, and I've got a good realtor who really seems to know her stuff, and is also being very patient with the newbie.

~Heidi
Old 04-16-2017, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

I'm back from my house-hunting trip and it looks like I may have bagged one! I made an offer on Thursday and accepted the seller's counter-offer on Friday. I have to wait until Monday to hear if the seller has officially signed the contract, since the seller's agent is at the beach this weekend. But, assuming that happens and all the inspections and such go through, I'll be buying a house on June 19th.

It's exciting - but I'm also shaking in my boots, since I've never owned a house. Fortunately, my brother has done this twice, and I've got a good realtor who really seems to know her stuff, and is also being very patient with the newbie.
That's amazing, Heidi! So you'll be moving to North Carolina, then?

Old 04-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
That's amazing, Heidi! So you'll be moving to North Carolina, then?
Not for a while yet. I decided to go ahead and buy because interest rates and home prices are going up - and likely will go up more in a year. Since I have the financial ability to do it, it makes sense for me to buy now. Plus, this will give me lots of time to fix the place up the way I want it while there's no pesky furniture to deal with. Not that it's a fixer-upper or anything, but I do want to paint and wallpaper all the rooms, and replace all the carpet. The carpet in there now is truly atrocious, and I prefer bare flooring anyway because I have nice rugs that I want to use. I'm also going to have someone go in and wire the whole place for cable and internet. The house is just a mile and a half from my brother, so he'll be able to oversee all of that, but I'll probably be going down more frequently until I do move.

~Heidi
Old 04-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Not for a while yet. I decided to go ahead and buy because interest rates and home prices are going up - and likely will go up more in a year. Since I have the financial ability to do it, it makes sense for me to buy now. Plus, this will give me lots of time to fix the place up the way I want it while there's no pesky furniture to deal with. Not that it's a fixer-upper or anything, but I do want to paint and wallpaper all the rooms, and replace all the carpet. The carpet in there now is truly atrocious, and I prefer bare flooring anyway because I have nice rugs that I want to use. I'm also going to have someone go in and wire the whole place for cable and internet. The house is just a mile and a half from my brother, so he'll be able to oversee all of that, but I'll probably be going down more frequently until I do move.
That sounds like a really fun project, not years of backbreaking work but enough that you can really make it what you want.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
That sounds like a really fun project, not years of backbreaking work but enough that you can really make it what you want.
One of the things I love about it is the back yard. It's a corner lot and there's a line of pine trees along one side that shield it from the road, and also provide a lot of shade. The pine trees continue all across the back, and there's a beautiful, cool shady corner where I'm going to put some lawn furniture and maybe even a hammock. I can't wait to sit out there in the evening and just enjoy it. There's also a large raised garden bed that I'll grow something in. I want to have a small vegetable garden for some fresh food.

~Heidi
Old 04-16-2017, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My parents have always had a garden and haven't bought many vegetables at a supermarket since 1985. Whatever we don't grow or don't grow enough of, my mom gets at the farm she works at.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
The Witcher

Congrats on the house Heidi!

Old 04-19-2017, 03:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dammit Heidi I see you lurking around on this board I wanna post with you dammit.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm watching my daily dose of Madam Secretary!

~Heidi
Old 04-19-2017, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm watching my daily dose of Madam Secretary!
That is always a good life choice.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have just one more episode and I'm all caught up. It's been a great way to chill out after work.

~Heidi
Old 04-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I have just one more episode and I'm all caught up. It's been a great way to chill out after work.
I bet! Brooklyn Nine Nine has been that for me lately.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread